Constructive Raid Healing Post

85 Troll Shaman
So I came on to post my thoughts/feedback from attempting to raid heal a 10m Throne of Four Winds.

Encounter
The dungeon itself was constructed great. I loved having to toggle between platforms for different phases of the fight. Overall, I like the mechanics of this fight.

Healing
Healing is straight forward, one healer with the tank on the boss that spawns adds. One on the platform with the blizzard boss, and one self healing on the Third.

There were two problems we faced with this encounter

1. The tank on the blizzard boss takes a ton of damage (tank had good gear .. 333+ some epics). Towards the end of the first phase spamming my greater heals barely kept the tank alive. This left me with almost 0 mana going into the AOE phase. To fix this we had to move a holy pally to the blizzard boss (pally was able to spam heals fine).

2. AoE phase was very heal intensive, we had to have my healing rain, 1 elemental healing rain, and a druid spam AoE heals to survive the phase. At the end of that phase most healers were sitting very low on mana. Usually the tank on the blizzard boss would die at this point due to a healer running oom.

Thoughts

Right now the incoming damage does not seem to be in par with what is able to be healed. I can understand why healing was nerfed, but with the current state we cannot heal the unavoidable incoming damage (i.e. the debuff that is placed on the tank on the blizzard boss).

Most people in the raid were in Heroic Dungeon gear (very similar to my gear, tanks had way better). Every fight I was using a greater mana potion, as well as pots and/or flasks.

DPS and tanks did a great job avoiding as much damage as possible. Three healing the fight was just not enough. When we swapped in another healer the DPS suffered too much.

At this point I am at a loss for what we can fix, the solution may be running with 3 holy pallies, but that is not the optimal solution.

Does anyone else have feedback around raid healing 10/25? Any tips on how to make this fight easier?
Edited by Gons on 12/13/2010 11:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well you do have several 333 pieces, you are utilizing cloth boots and leather belt which drops your int by 5% because you aren't getting the mail specialization (obviously I don't know your other choices but you should be farming the JP gear). You should try to get some reps up to get some epics and 346 blues. Also you might want to try a different raid instance for your first instance as Blackwing Descent might be a bit easier.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The stacking debuff on the tank causes him to take extra damage, along with everyone in the raid. You need to be smarter, and coordinate your timings better. My guild failed at this, and we called this encounter after wiping for an hour or two with little-to-no progression.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not to be a complete jerk, but if you're having trouble in a raid in 333 gear, and 346 gear is available pre-raid, maybe you should get some more 346 gear?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/13/2010 11:53 AMPosted by Dompally
Not to be a complete jerk, but if you're having trouble in a raid in 333 gear, and 346 gear is available pre-raid, maybe you should get some more 346 gear?

I do have 3-4 346 gear pieces. The point of this post was not to critique my gear, but discuss raid healing in depth. I highly doubt a few more pieces of 346 will make that much more of a difference.

12/13/2010 11:45 AMPosted by Bnizzle
Well you do have several 333 pieces, you are utilizing cloth boots and leather belt which drops your int by 5% because you aren't getting the mail specialization (obviously I don't know your other choices but you should be farming the JP gear). You should try to get some reps up to get some epics and 346 blues. Also you might want to try a different raid instance for your first instance as Blackwing Descent might be a bit easier.

Yeah, I would like to have the mail specialization, just got to work with what drops. I am hoping to replace those items with 346 mail.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]