Cataclysm PvE Holy Paladin Theorycrafting

90 Human Paladin
I'm sorry if this has been asked previously in this thread but how are holy paladins supposed to deal with Ozruk's paralysis? Maybe I'm completely missing something but I dont know how I am supposed to put a DoT on him to break the paralysis.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Here's a 10 man kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lnf1idx7rtm97dyr/sum/healingDone/?s=1787&e=2062

When is your tank taking the extra damage? If I had a guess it would be a combination of meteors, blackout being dispelled/healed, and more meteors after that. For blackout your raid should go from spread->stacked->spread in a matter of seconds (which means you are only actually stacked for a single moment). If you don't have quick, precise movements your tank (and others in the raid) are going to take a lot of extra damage.

The tank takes and consistently takes considerable amounts of damage with the first switch. I have to keep healing him like mad, or else he dies. Even after blowing away LoH, his life drops like a brick! By the time the flames come (and we gotta move), I am OOM, have to pop my Ripe Core trinket, and get some mana back. But in that time, he is taking way too much damage and I simply cannot keep up.

Last night, I went into a PuG raid on Cho'Gall (ironic that a PuG Raid on our server is way beyond our guild group in BoT), and I was able to heal the tanks just fine and not even go remotely OOM. I was healing between a Pally and Warrior tank.

The other night, the bear tank and I were paired for the Golem Council in BWD. I was able to keep him up without going OOM. So something weird is going on, or I am missing something. I apologize for being a pain in asking about this, but I never had these issues with the previous tank I was healing, or even the DK tank in our group. Is there a different rotation we got to do for Druid Bear tanks? Maybe stack more mastery for the shield to get the damage mitigation?

I asked the raid leader to get a log running, but I guess she forgot. When I get a link to a log, I will definitely post it.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
@Warien
Burlap was the tank in my parse. If you're healing Cho'Gall fine, I don't know what to tell you. The tanks get smashed much harder by Cho'Gall. I didn't see anything obviously wrong with your tank, but it's hard to say for sure without a log. The Twin Dragons really shouldn't be stressing the tank. There are no mechanics that hit the tank especially hard.

@Durtyfox
Pretty much what everyone else said.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
@Warien
Burlap was the tank in my parse. If you're healing Cho'Gall fine, I don't know what to tell you. The tanks get smashed much harder by Cho'Gall. I didn't see anything obviously wrong with your tank, but it's hard to say for sure without a log. The Twin Dragons really shouldn't be stressing the tank. There are no mechanics that hit the tank especially hard.

@Durtyfox
Pretty much what everyone else said.

Understood. Again, as soon as I get them, I will let you know.

Also, is Cho'gall this intense to heal? I find myself being the only healer on the tanks, even during transitions. Is this how you guys set up your healing as well? I was blamed for why the raid was not successful (tanks were not getting healed). But the tanks were mainly statues during the fight. Standing in the swirls, standing in the fire, not blowing any CDs, where I was just sweating buckets. LOL!

But until I get logs, what is your usual setup for Cho'gall and how is healing done? Does the pally healer run back with the other tank that grabs the add and another healer stays with the tank on Cho'gall or is it Pally all the way with the tank on Cho'gall?

This is a bit depressing and embarrassing that I was the cause of the wipes on Cho'gall. But I don't know what to do at this point. It seems the RNG is not working with me.
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
Worshiping fails are the most dangerous thing in Chogall for the tanks, every single time I have seen tanks die on that fight, it is due to worship fail.
Reply Quote
84 Human Paladin
...thanks :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lylthe, I have been directing everyone who will listen to this guide. <3 it! I want to have your babies.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
So, uh, since my crit is already at 15%, I feel like "stacking" haste is weird now that I'm plenty over 774.

Yeah.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
So, uh, since my crit is already at 15%, I feel like "stacking" haste is weird now that I'm plenty over 774.

Yeah.
If you feel uncomfortable with it and are willing to pay the reforging fees, try picking up Mastery instead. You might like it. I promise it wont destroy your HPS or anything like that. :D
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
03/09/2011 12:37 AMPosted by Auracle
I want to have your babies.

ROFL

03/10/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Laur

It's not like you can really pick stats anyways. There's usually only two choices (tier vs. non-teir) if you have even that. Trinkets are really our only "choices" and even there, DKP and drops are going to be the biggest determining factors. Get higher ilvl gear then reforge and gem as necessary.

And gemming you're either ignoring socket bonuses for int, or choosing between haste/crit/mastery for orange sockets.

03/10/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Rabel
If you feel uncomfortable with it and are willing to pay the reforging fees, try picking up Mastery instead. You might like it. I promise it wont destroy your HPS or anything like that. :D

No Rabel, you're wrong. If you want mastery, you follow the 1:1 rule.
Edited by Lylthe on 3/10/2011 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
03/10/2011 1:37 PMPosted by Lylthe
No Rabel, you're wrong. If you want mastery, you follow the 1:1 rule.
*frown* Awww. Who said I wasn't suggesting that? Hes got half the Mastery rating of his Crit rating...

By the way, Faelyne convinced me to try Haste stacking and I disliked it very much. It wasn't hugely less effective but even trying to cast more HL I struggled with mana efficiency and total output. HPS of course was higher (noticeably) and after reforging back I was surprised by the difference in feel again. I guess I still stand by my support of Mastery - I certainly don't think its better than everything else though. :D

Unless your name is Rabel. He's a freaky-deeky, though. Gear-wise you'll spend a little green on Mastery, but limit it as much as possible.
But... but... BUTT. *snicker*

I continue to output great HPS and healing with significantly more Mastery than most. It also is receiving a duration buff in 4.1 - still no love from y'all? Oh well. *wave*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]