Why healer's OOM so fast.

85 Blood Elf Priest
Because you jump into heroic's without first getting your rep up to afford gear's.
You go in expectnig to heal in greens, no enchants or gems.
Your group doesnt use CC.
Your tank is probably in greens.
You're mind is still stuck on recount meters.
There is nothing wrong with the new mechanics of healing.
I never OOM...ever, so long as my group have their head's screwed on.
At the end of each fight Ive got plenty mana left.
So please, do not fight until Blizzard cave in because we might aswell go back to WOTLK easy mode.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 1:15 PMPosted by Skarey
Because you jump into heroic's without first getting your rep up to afford gear's

This is simply not the case. please edit your post and remove it.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Because you jump into heroic's without first getting your rep up to afford gear's.
So please, do not fight until Blizzard cave in because we might aswell go back to WOTLK easy mode.

I agree. I do not understand the mentality. So you wipe a couple of time when you first start doing heroics? Once you obtain the gear and DPS learns how to use CC the heroics will be much easier.

For the record though, I never got rep with anyone until after I started doing heroics.
Edited by Mèdic on 12/13/2010 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
OP,

You're absolutely right. There are a myriad of things that make up GROUP performance and healers need to realize that that same GROUP PERFORMANCE will determine the GROUP success.

I know my mana regen is fine and since I start heroics by telling dps and tanks whats up as far as CC and taking stupid damage, they go just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 1:19 PMPosted by Mèdic
For the record though, I never got rep with anyone until after I started doing heroics.

So you didnt quest anywhere to get to 85?
Questing will get you to at least honored in that zones faction.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

12/13/2010 1:18 PMPosted by Munney
Because you jump into heroic's without first getting your rep up to afford gear's

This is simply not the case. please edit your post and remove it.

Gaining rep for gear is one of many things you need to do to prepare yourself for heroics.
Do your homework.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is not true. Armory me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Liked! And your not on a pally so people can't attack you with that. If people would stop being lazy, healing would be alot easier for most.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 1:32 PMPosted by Skarey
Gaining rep for gear is one of many things you need to do to prepare yourself for heroics.
Do your homework.

You cant just jump into heroics without the proper GS. i.e. doing regulars first, or rep gaining.

Assuming people are going into heroics with quest greens is just not the case. Your argument is valid, aside from this point.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2010 1:38 PMPosted by Munney
12/13/2010 1:32 PMPosted by Skarey
Do your homework.

You cant just jump into heroics without the proper GS. i.e. doing regulars first, or rep gaining.

Assuming people are going into heroics with quest greens is just not the case. Your argument is valid, aside from this point.

I dont think you are reading the post properly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Why do healers and tanks have a gear requirement but not dps?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
12/13/2010 1:23 PMPosted by Munney
12/13/2010 1:19 PMPosted by Mèdic

So you didnt quest anywhere to get to 85?
Questing will get you to at least honored in that zones faction.

Let me rephrase. I did not get exalted with any reputation until I started running heroics. I am now exalted with hyjal (got really far into revered from quests), and almost exalted with the people in Uldum.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
12/13/2010 2:09 PMPosted by Saazel

They do, it's 333 and DO NOT STAND IN FIRE.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

They do, kind of, it's just that when they don't meet it and you wipe because the healer is OOM due to the length of the fight we are blamed and not the DPS.

So while it may seem like they don't have one, they do, we just carry them.
Reply Quote

They should and they still do, but people are not acting on it. This is why you see boss fights wipe at 10% HP. But of course everybody know the easier way out is to blame the healer's mana and get Bliz to do something instead of group kicking those under-performing dpsers.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
12/13/2010 2:14 PMPosted by Swiftbane
"Heal" sucks. sorry. it's a bad spell to cast. I will not use it. it's 900 some mana, casts over 2 seconds, and only heals for 6k. in 2 seconds, see how much a tank gets hit for in a heroic and then come back and tell me if this spell is useful at all.

For those of you who are being told to use this spell, please do not listen. You will wipe. Stick to your current mechanics of flash / greaters / prayer of mending / renew etc.

Also, throw bubble out as well if you're holy. What a joke.

Well if that works for you fine. You seem to have done a lot of heroics and know what you're talking about... Oh wait.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 1:35 PMPosted by Limelite
Liked! And your not on a pally so people can't attack you with that. If people would stop being lazy, healing would be alot easier for most.

I am so tired of this holy pally hate. I heal fine on this toon, My Disc priest, and my resto druid. I can't speak for Shamans, but I can say, Priests and druids are fine as well. Every healing class has different mechanics, sure one is easier than the other, but it doesn't mean the other less easier healing classes are hard to heal with. people just need to learn to play their class correctly and efficiently then they won't have issues. The only common issue with healers right now that needs to be addressed is scaling.

But, to the op. I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

WRONG.... what is your arguement for people who actually know how to play, have all blues/gems/chants and are geared for heroics but still find it absolutly miserable?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]