Why healer's OOM so fast.

85 Undead Priest
It took me some time but I've gotten use to the new challenge of healing. The key is a group that knows how to CC and knows how to take minimal avoidable damage. I do though find it very hard that you "never" run out of mana even on the more difficult Heroic Bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
It isn't about just the healers gear. If your tank is under-geared the healer won't be able to carry him like he used to be able to and same with the DPS being under-geared.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Just a few observations from a DPS standpoint. I have done one sucessful PuG heroic some fail PuG heroics.

1) Tanks are still gearing up and getting hit a lot harder than they probably will in a month or two. Mitigation and health will rise.

2) DPS (myself included at least intially) are decent and getting better and not standing in "bad stuff" on the ground. My wife playes a resto druid and ironically she and I have both seen Tanks/DPS move out of effloresence (sp?) thinking it more of that "bad stuff." I have also seen players step out of Healing Rain.

3) More than a few of us DPSers are still enchanted with the meters and still are not using interrupts or self heals like we should (a slap to the back of my head by my wife cured me of that.)

4) I have seen a lot of DPS itching to use thier CC and when it is not used it is a failure to assign CC or have it worked out.

Love you healers,

Your sapping (with a pickpocket thrown in), kicking, gouging, kidney shotting and recuperting rogue.
Edited by Lithorne on 12/13/2010 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Already with only a few days of gearing my mana situation is way better. I will obviously OOM if I heal stupid DPS, but unless something is a DPS race I'll generally just let them die to save my mana.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Not done heroics yet...waitin on a tank, tried a few with PuGs and never made it past trash....impossible to heals idiots.

Anyways my current spec is workin for me, this I figure works well in 5 mans. I would drop effoserence completely if there was a better place to put the point: it's a talent that MIGHT be alright in a raid with lots of melee DPS other than that it is (imo) a completely worthless spell. No one stands in it for one thing and the other its too weak. Not to mention people actively RUN away from it. Sure they stand away but run from that pile of green goo! GG.

And nourish OP? Lol, I rarely get to use it plus it heals for a whole 5k. Wee! I have almost 5.8k SP, explain that plox.

LB blooms and HT spam.

Tree, roll LBs on everyone and spam the hell outa regrows off OOC procs in oh crap moments. Tranq if tree is down. Pretty much to equal other healers, I have to go tree and that only lasts so long. Its a stupid mechanic imo to have to wholey rely on CDs.

My primary heal is HT! Yay! It's vanilla again!

Now lets talk PvP healin....oh wait, be a paladin or spec DPS or gtfo. :|
Edited by Flowers on 12/13/2010 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Healing Mechanics are fine IF you have a group of solid players (or a constant group of the same players). My problem is every PuG i get into, I have to reteach every dps and tank how to play THEIR class and fight mechanics. I get a tank to FINALLY stand in the shiney heal circle in vortex, and I never see him again.

For those of us who don't have a group to play it, healing is a nightmare.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Reforge your gear, keep seeing people with horrid amounts of spirit complaining.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I like the fact that i'm being told I am new to the game even though I am not having trouble healing heroics where you are.

Also you may have done one heroic but you have not completed it; so you are obviously doing something wrong.
Edited by Mèdic on 12/13/2010 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If you will notice; priests and paladins are more or less not complainin.

Coincidence? NO!

As to spi, love to but I have to be at certain haste levels to get extra ticks from HoTs to make them viable and not a waste of mana. :|

Also, most the heals that are havin NPs are runnin in premade groups, PuG healin on the other hand is a nightmare. Once a few our tanks gear up, I aint PuGin ever again.
Edited by Flowers on 12/13/2010 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Also you may have done one heroic but you have not completed it; so you are obviously not a paladin or priest

Fixtd.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
OP is mostly correct. A lot of healers' woes come from incompetent dps and tanks not executing the fight correctly, and taking significantly more damage than they're supposed to take.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]