Holy Word: Macro help

85 Blood Elf Priest
Posted this in Priest Forums but I feel like I might get help here.

I use healbot with some macros on my bars. I'm trying to figure out the best way to use the Holy Word changes without wasting two different "mouse assignments" in healbot.

One solution would be a macro on my bar, so when I hover my mouse over a character and press the number, it would heal whoever my mouse is over, and if my mouse isn't selecting someone, it would go to my target.
I've tried this, but the problem is when I set the macro to Holy Word: Chastise, it doesn't change when I enter a different macro state. Does anyone have a solution?

TL;DR
How do you make a macro for Holy Word: Chastise so it changes with your Chakra state?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
All holy word macros are broken right now. The only remedy is to use a click macro on a bar button with holy word on it.

Before this patch, such macros worked fine. Its sad they broke them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2010 7:50 PMPosted by Korvos
All holy word macros are broken right now. The only remedy is to use a click macro on a bar button with holy word on it.

How does one make a macro such as this? it would suit my purposes from what you're telling me. (make it like button 4 on my mouse i assume?)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
12/08/2010 8:24 PMPosted by Cannotthor
12/08/2010 7:50 PMPosted by Korvos

How does one make a macro such as this? it would suit my purposes from what you're telling me. (make it like button 4 on my mouse i assume?)

Put Holy Word on a bar somewhere (you can hide the bar later). Mouse over that bar and type in:
/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end

That will tell you the identification of the button. Stick whatever you get from that into:
/tar [@mouseover,exists]
/click <button id>
/targetlasttarget

Do NOT remove your un-macroed Holy Word from its button, or else the macro won't work.
Edited by Rights on 12/8/2010 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]