Holy wrath is the worst thing about ret

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 12:20 AMPosted by Prinzesa
I'm pretty sure "When to not press something that will guarantee your death" is something to learn, even if it's not specific to Ret.

No.
Even if you know when to use it, and pull the mob back to be in safe range so your Holy Wrath only hits your current target, it doesn't mean your Holy Wrath will do it's full damage, since Holy Wrath hits everything within range and splits the damage between every target.

So you could randomly be killing a mob that's apparently on it's own, then you Holy Wrath and a critter happens to be right there, next to you.. of course a critter won't kill you.. it will die right away.. but the target you are killing will take half the damage it was supposed to take.

It's fine to have awareness of your surroundings, it's something a raider must have, but having to watch out even for critters, so the damage doesn't get cut in half, it's retarded, this could also apply for duels or random world PvP.. (lol..).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2010 11:45 PMPosted by Greenfly
12/08/2010 11:42 PMPosted by Alenari

It wasn't a problem before because nobody fought mobs one at a time before.

Vanilla begs to differ.

No DS in vanilla, smart ass.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warrior
12/09/2010 12:20 AMPosted by Prinzesa
I'm pretty sure "When to not press something that will guarantee your death" is something to learn, even if it's not specific to Ret.

Well done this deserves a tip of my hat. /hat tip
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/08/2010 9:49 PMPosted by Pupsz
12/08/2010 9:11 PMPosted by Alenari
I sure do love aggroing a bunch of neutral mobs to rip my face off (because cata mobs are op in groups) as part of my normal single target "rotation".

what's the difference between that and divine storm? the only issue i'm seeing here is with you not used to your new shiny buttons yet

and you're complaining about a critter? really? jesus christ rets complain about the most mindless things

Why are you asking why they're complaining about losing damage to critters? The paragraph right above that was
What the hell is the point of the spell being aoe when it just splits its damage to everything around you? It might as well be single target when having multiple targets in no way improves its damage.

On the bright side, Holy Wrath's damage sucks so much that it's safe to ignore it when you don't want to aggro something nearby or break CC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Could Ret's overall ability spread/rotation/potential output be improved? Yes

Is it messed up that you actually lose Holy Wrath damage if a critter wanders into range? Given the context of places where this can happen, not really

Is there a problem with Holy Wrath's AOE-but-doesn't-actually-gain-damage-when-shooting-multiple-targets model? Absolutely

Does all that mean it's okay to whine about dying to neutral mobs because Holy Wrath tagged them? Hell no, that's ridiculously stupid
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/08/2010 9:49 PMPosted by Pupsz
12/08/2010 9:11 PMPosted by Alenari
I sure do love aggroing a bunch of neutral mobs to rip my face off (because cata mobs are op in groups) as part of my normal single target "rotation".

what's the difference between that and divine storm? the only issue i'm seeing here is with you not used to your new shiny buttons yet

and you're complaining about a critter? really? jesus christ rets complain about the most mindless things

DS was, and is, a set %WD to each target it hits. So if your %WD gives 1k damage then 1 mob = 1k damage, 2 = 2k damage, 3 = 3k damage, and so on. HW is completely different. It shares the same total damage around all targets in range. 1 mob = 1k, 2 mobs = 500 on each, 3 mobs = 333 on each, 3 mobs and a critter = 250 per mob and 250 on the critter.

HW would be better as a single target attack as at least it can then be used without fear of it pulling a random mob you didn't want to engage yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]