So ret PvP...

85 Tauren Paladin
Whats going on with that I am get kited so HARD by pretty much any range class. I mean spellsteal AW that is BS. But anyways any tips from someone thats actually good cause I need them.

P.S. Before anyone says "Yeah I got a tip respec/reroll" I already beat you too it, so useful input for ret pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
well, aside from the resilience issue, i'd say some caster support would do you a lot of good as a ret pally. any time you are being singled out by casters and shut down, your teammates are letting you down. we're going to need support to do well, but that pretty much goes for any melee at this point. i'd say buddy up with another melee other than a paladin, and tag-team things, using your abilities to support one another. that should help minimize your respective weaknesses while maximizing the strengths of melee.

i suppose you could boil all that down to 'never be alone in a bg', but that' not really as useful, though it does hold true. ;p
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Im so happy i re-roll, have fun being kited.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We still have cleanse and freedom? Plus a 4 sec sprint when we judge on something 15 yards away...

Kiting a pally is nothing new, but now we have rebuke and other goodies...

I think I like my Pally now more then I ever did for wrath...

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
except you

12/09/2010 9:53 AMPosted by Remsaa
We still have cleanse and freedom? Plus a 4 sec sprint when we judge on something 15 yards away...

except we can't cleanse magic anymore unless we spec holy
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Paladin
You can cleanse any snare or movement impairing effect in the game now as ret, even physical ones like hamstring. Mobility as ret isnt as big of an issue anymore since they gave us that, it still is to a degree but...

Unfortunately the bigger issue here is dispels. The paladin class in general is so susceptible to dispels its rather sickening. Any class that can dispel, and worth their salt will dispel all of our important cooldowns. Inquisition even if speced into the 30 second duration, zealotry, freedom, A.wrath...

Add on top of that, it effects our usefulness with dps pressure, but our dps is also HIGHLY subjected to RNG, moreso then any other class. If the stars align we can put out amazing pressure and get kills, but more often then not your stuck with !##%ty RNG, which leads to mediocre pressure/dps and then add in the dispelling of our major dps cooldowns...

Ret just needs some tweaks to game mechanics to really be in a good spot. It synergizes good with other classes, but dispels and RNG are hurting the spec pretty bad atm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 10:12 AMPosted by Sivir
except you

12/09/2010 9:53 AMPosted by Remsaa

except we can't cleanse magic anymore unless we spec holy

So? You can cleanse any snare off if you spec into Acts of Sacrifice
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
and when you get reamed by other classes playing a mage, what will you roll then? :p
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
rofl
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
he wont have to reroll cuz mages are OP and he will melt faces. get real.

No u get real. As a general rule, I pwn most mages because 98% of them are rerollers who just know the basics.

My advice: Just wait it out. Ghostcrawler doesn't despise ret like Kalgan does; he won't let it stay horribad for very long.
Edited by Valkyrii on 12/9/2010 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
theres this talent in the ret tree see it, yeah right over there. called soething or another. when you use cleanse it removes roots from you. cleanse spam = win :3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
you will never know what happens to retribution until you hit 85
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]