I really hate to ask...

100 Human Warrior
...but could one of our CM's ask the devs what is going on with engineering?

I love the new toys and ideas that were added to the profession (the lootarang is a hilariously useful idea)...but the lack of a melee glove tinker is the one black spot on an otherwise amazing expansion for me.

It might have been better if there were no glove tinker at all, but the existance of an intelligence-boosting tinker has me frowning.

Is engineering supposed to be better for casters than others? Is that a design decision? If so, I'll have to either accept it or give up my beloved engineering, but not knowing is driving me batty. Maybe there's a melee-centric glove tinker on the way?

Please find out for us.

Thank you.

(Also, please let's not turn this thread into an attack on Blizzard or the dev team. They have every right to do what they choose with their game, including making engineering caster-focused. I am just really, really hoping that isn't the case.)
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
On this page, (which admittedly is kinda old)
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/07/12/insider-trader-engineering-your-cataclysm/

you see:
Gnome-Matic Phase Fingers Permanently attaches gnome-matic phase finger technology to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their haste rating by 340 for 12 sec. The gloves can only be activated every minute.

Now the amount of haste is the same as what it is now. Not a big deal since numbers were not anything to be concerned about then. However when you click the link on "Gnome-Matic Phase Fingers" it takes you here:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/82175/gnome-matic-phase-fingers/

Engineering: Synapse Springs
5 sec cast
Reagents:
Volatile Water (2), Electrified Ether
Permanently attaches synapse springs to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their Intellect by 480 for 12 sec. The gloves can only be activated every minute.

So why in the world was it changed? Haste is usable by every one. Was this an accident? I find it hard to believe Blizzard would purposefully ignore melee.

Anyone?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
love how a CM moved your thread to the damage dealing forum to die instead of addressing it.....

edit: or this came from the DD forums... which you will soon learn the CM's dont read (some reason it was still showing there for me, shrug)
Edited by Calsen on 12/9/2010 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Where is the Gnome-Matic Phase Fingers ?!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]