Telluric Currents...why not for everyone?

86 Troll Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82988

This is telluric currents. When a resto shaman lightning bolts something he gets much more mana back than it cost to cast the lightning bolt.

I read before that you guys realize that sometimes in a healers duties, the best choice is to do nothing, to save mana if healing is not needed atm.

This talent always gives resto shaman something to do, and I think its a great idea.

But why are resto shaman the only healers with this option? druids get free wrath(no mana gain), priests get smite healing ( which is still not viable, no mana gain ) Pallys get reduced exorcism cost ( no mana gain )

Is this intended?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Smite healing isn't a mana gain, but it's plenty viable. Just sayin.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I posted in a thread GC ended up responding to saying how I hated the idea of watching my raid die around me while I did nothing because I was OOM. This was a thread regarding the upcoming mana changes.

True story. But I doubt it really had anything to do with the talent....although you never know....
Edited by Kahji on 12/9/2010 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Telluric Currents isn't really much of a mana gain until late gear levels. In current 85 gear, I believe it only restores like 100 mana per cast (when you factor in the cost of Lightning Bolt) and it's hard to find the time to get such a long cast off while healing.

Also, Smite originally was a mana gain until Archangel was nerfed up the wazoo, and technically Fury of Stormrage is a mana gain, because it can proc Omen of Clarity while costing no mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]