Where are the Worgen introduction to the Alli

55 Draenei Death Knight
To the Alliance? Am I missing something, I turned in the quest called "Endgame" at Genn Graymane at the Hallowed Tree and that's it? That;s it no "Oh so the Alliance have joined together with elves" or the " Oh there are blue space aliens?!"

What else, when did the Druid find the worgen race? I showed up in Blackwald and they were already there, not the crazy druids but the sane one form Malfurion, wtf?!

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It's explained in the comic.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
So worgens only get 14 levels?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
New Alliance race. Blizzard just throws it in and forgets.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
No one wants to read a comic to find out how one of the most popular races on their faction even fits into it. Especially when literally half of their in game lore is in a Horde zone.
Reply Quote
87 Human Hunter
12/09/2010 6:09 PMPosted by Sarm

I know you can't explain exactly what happens, but can you give the rest of us an overview of what's said?

Does Varian accept them into the Alliance? Or does Tyranade just tell Varian that they're helping us now and Varian is like "Okay. Send whoever you can to Westfall on the way out. Don't let the door hit ya, where the Titanic Watchers split ya."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Wish it was explained in game instead. Just got my Worgen to Darkshore and the questing experience was way too short, and some too sudden. We basically get told that there's Nelves and they work with Crowley, which isn't explained at all. Then after you take down the gunship, you get on a boat and sail to Darnassus. I was lagging really bad and wasn't able to accept the quest from the Nelf admiral when the boat started sailing, but when I landed I got a quest from that old guy to talk to Greymane... and I was level 13 at this point.

The starting zone really pales in comparison to the Draenei one, which absolutely rocked. I mean, the Worgen one is good, but a bit short. It really felt rushed. Some of the events played out too quickly.
Reply Quote
30 Worgen Druid

I don't like this new direction Blizz is taking. I know that this is basically a way of getting moar money from us, but for once I'd like a story that's actually explained and laid out in-game rather than in external media. I understand that they may not have the time to put this kind of stuff in game, but there are certain events (such as the worgen's intro to the alliance and the garrosh/cairne duel) that should definitely be in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 2:43 PMPosted by Rodanth
I don't like this new direction Blizz is taking. I know that this is basically a way of getting moar money from us, but for once I'd like a story that's actually explained and laid out in-game rather than in external media. I understand that they may not have the time to put this kind of stuff in game, but there are certain events (such as the worgen's intro to the alliance and the garrosh/cairne duel) that should definitely be in-game.

This man speaks the truth.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/10/2010 12:45 PMPosted by Kensilver

I know you can't explain exactly what happens, but can you give the rest of us an overview of what's said?

Does Varian accept them into the Alliance? Or does Tyranade just tell Varian that they're helping us now and Varian is like "Okay. Send whoever you can to Westfall on the way out. Don't let the door hit ya, where the Titanic Watchers split ya."

That issue of the comic isn't out yet, and I was mostly talking about how there are night elves already in Gilneas.
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
THe Worgen storyline (sort of) shifts to Duskwood and then eventually, periodically, to blasted lands
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
12/10/2010 4:10 PMPosted by Kiergen
THe Worgen storyline (sort of) shifts to Duskwood and then eventually, periodically, to blasted lands

Don't forget Battle for Gilneas, which, although it is a battleground, is the 'culmination' of the Worgen storyline at this current moment - it's the Alliance fulfilling it's promise to defend Gilneas.
Reply Quote
I don't mind external reading, but I wish it were a novel... I just can't really get into the medium, I feel like I'm kind of too old for them too. :p
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The real problem with Worgen isn't the lack of story, it's that they are Alliance. How about a switch, the Horde gets Worgen and the Alliance can have the Blood Elves. They could make the story work with that. Somehow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/11/2010 1:57 PMPosted by Malila
The real problem with Worgen isn't the lack of story, it's that they are Alliance. How about a switch, the Horde gets Worgen and the Alliance can have the Blood Elves. They could make the story work with that. Somehow.

I agree, it's best if both factions keep playing to their respective stereotypes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/11/2010 4:05 AMPosted by Ruyo
I don't mind external reading, but I wish it were a novel... I just can't really get into the medium, I feel like I'm kind of too old for them too. :p

But... but... it's pictures with words! :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
1. Viridant, malila, neither of you understand either of the races you're talking about, Gilneans would never work with orcs or forsaken, and blood elves won't work with humans, dwarvs, or night elves :P

2. Not sure why everyone needs to see a "WELCOME TO THE ALLIANCE" Quest, Forsaken never got any fanfare when they joined the Horde :P
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Death Knight
12/10/2010 2:43 PMPosted by Rodanth
I don't like this new direction Blizz is taking.

It's not really a new trend though.

I'm pretty sure it was one of the RPG books that told us why the Forsaken went Horde.

It was the TBC website that told us why Draenei went Alliance and Blood Elves Horde.

These things just aren't always explained in-game. Forsaken were kind of weird in the Horde at first without the backstory. All Blood Elves got was a quest series that showed Thrall letting them into the Horde, but that was supposedly after months of Sylvanas negotiating on Quel'thalas's behalf.

Draenei had no formal introduction to the Alliance as far as I know...they just heard of it, so they asked to join it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/11/2010 2:27 PMPosted by Mutterscrawl
2. Not sure why everyone needs to see a "WELCOME TO THE ALLIANCE" Quest, Forsaken never got any fanfare when they joined the Horde :P

Sure they did, that's what all the screaming and flaming torches were about. Well that and the axes, because Orcs don't use pitchforks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To be clear, the comic deals with Gilneas pre-Curse outbreak. As far as I know, the actual point at which Gilneas rejoins the Alliance is not shown ingame or in outside media.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]