FIX HEALING BLIZZARD

75 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 12:57 AMPosted by Havvik
I have 2.5k combat mana regen (with a 70k mana pool) and I still go OOM trying to keep everyone alive in trash pulls and bosses. Although I attribute a lot of that to DPS taking avoidable damage and no CC or interrupting.

Then DPS should be learning to play, shouldn't they?
Reply Quote
12/10/2010 1:13 AMPosted by Moanalisa
I have 2.5k combat mana regen (with a 70k mana pool) and I still go OOM trying to keep everyone alive in trash pulls and bosses. Although I attribute a lot of that to DPS taking avoidable damage and no CC or interrupting.

I wholeheartedly agree, but that's part of the problem. I don't like looking like a bad healer and have people dying just because they'd rather stand in one spot and burn whichever target they choose, rather than working as a group and, by extension, making it a little easier on me.
Edited by Havvik on 12/10/2010 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/10/2010 12:48 AMPosted by Svg
healing is the best its ever been. why? cause you press different buttons and react differently in different situations. one button is not the solution to all your problems.

just get some gear guys. around 2k in combat regen in gets much more comfortable

Sorry but i had that much in woltk.
Hit 85 ur smallest manna costing spell is 2k
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont know why "Wrath" healers hate the new healing mechanics in cata, Like what was said before healing is the best it has ever been in a long time.
So your dont have your big heal spam button anymore, bliz is forcing healers to actually learn there role, means keeping everyone alive(not at 100% hp but alive) and managing there mana.
Making healing an actual challenge is enjoyable to me and many others, wrath just made healers to relaxed, no more falling asleep during a boss fight or even trash pulls.

So learn your role or go dps and at least try not to suck at that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is a great refresher, in ICC25 I was able to close my eyes and randomly spam heals on people and it would turn out fine. It was so boring there were times where I would literally be nodding off and almost falling asleep.

This is a needed change, we shouldnt be able to heal everyone up to full instantly.

By the way, if you are running out of mana, tell your group to interrupt and not stand in crap, will make your mana pool stay so much larger.

The only challenge of healing in Wrath was staying awake.
Edited by Noctris on 12/10/2010 2:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 2:25 AMPosted by Noctris
The only challenge of healing in Wrath was staying awake.

Couldnt agree more.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 1:13 AMPosted by Moanalisa

Absolutely. It's not just the healer and the tank that have jobs, but Wrath trained them otherwise.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Healing so far is fine. If the dps is taking massive damage the odds are about 95% in favour of them playing like morons. Let them die until they learn or get kicked. Also people need to get back into the habit (or learn if wrath only healers) of planning your heals in advance.

For the disc priest complaining that you are not getting big heals on the tank make sure that you don't swap grace of the tank and use PoH (very efficient if 4+ damaged) and renew/PoM to keep the dps up. Keeping grace on the tank makes a huge difference and I now get GH crits in the high 30s/low 40s on the tank which with Aegis is worth a ~15k shield which gives you a buffer to heal the dps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I wish Holy Pallies would remember that while they got a big quality of life upgrade (using more spells now, well rewarded with efficiency and throughput for smart use of Holy Power and procs), not everybody did. Holy Pallies are now at least as fun as Holy Priests used to be.

I don't have a fun way to stay mana efficient (biggest complaint). My most fun mana efficiency talent (Surge of Light) now has a horrible proc rate, making it less fun and efficient. My Holy Word spells don't work within a macro, which used to make me feel smart. The stingy Chakra increase on State of Mind punishes me for using more spells. Adding the Heal spell *reduced* my access to other spells because they're more expensive to encourage me to use it.

I'm really not picking on Pallies, I'm happy that they're fun now, but their Wrath experience versus Cata and mine are nowhere near apples to apples.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]