healing is back to vinnila DO NOT ROLL HEALER

85 Orc Shaman
DEevolution of healing is here, at 80 u can heal most targets to full using about 1k mana, now 5lvls later 10k mana for 30k hp on a 110k tank, goodbye raid healers, chain heal does 6k to target >4>2>1, when people are 100k+ thats not alot, and why do i have +5k to healing spells and my spells still hit what the tooltip says? doesnt +SP tack on 5k to the tooltip?, 64k mana 1.2k per healing wave, 4 sec cast, only heals for 5k, mobs hit for 20ks, and people tell us to manage our mana, i want to know how to manage my mana when tank pulls and everyone unloads on differant mobs and everyone takes 3/4's of thier HP and expect me to heal them all at once and still have mana left over for the rest of the pull.

with 60k mana this is what i have to work with, and mind you spirt only works wile not casting, so look out mana regen! cuz theres close to nothing

healing wave = 2500 mana ,3 second cast heals for 5-7k crits for 10k
chain heal = 4686 mana ,3 second cast heals, heals for 6>4>2>1
greater healing wave = 7500 mana ,3 second cast heals for 20-30k (crits)
riptied = 2343 mana, instant heal for 7k, another 7k over 15 seconds
earth sheild = 4535 mana, heals about 10k per charge
unleash wep(earthliving) = 1640 mana, heals for 1.5-3k
healing rain = 10777 mana, 2 second cast, 10 sec CD heals for 2k per 2 sec for 10 sec
healing surge = 6326 mana,2 second cast, heals for 7-12k
drop totems = 8434 mana

Edited by Flashheals on 12/9/2010 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And yet my guild is flooded with healers atm, we have too many prospective resto shaman and will probably end up sitting one of them. For all the QQ, other than FotMers who thought healing was an easy way to spam up meters most of the people who enjoy the teamwork aspect are sticking with it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
You should read the spirit tooltip again
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Healing is fine, problem is you or your group. Prob you if you're ALWAYS having problems.. l2play.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
id love to know what im sposta do when tanks and dps are taking 50k+ dps and i gota keep em up or i get the boot cuz im OOM, or cuz they died for pulling of the tank.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nobody takes 50k damage per second, because encounters simply aren't designed that way. As for the avoidable effects, you won't be able to heal through poor awareness. It's that simple.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 10:53 PMPosted by Flashheals
id love to know what im sposta do when tanks and dps are taking 50k+ dps and i gota keep em up or i get the boot cuz im OOM, or cuz they died for pulling of the tank.

you can't heal through fail. I've yet to see any encounter require more than 7khps to finish successfully. this includes heroics. (with exception to SFK first boss) Hell, some are under 5k hps..
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
50k dmg total going to everyone in the group, swing on by avanids lets see your leet mana regain skills with fail pugs and crapy tanks
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Try keeping ES on the tank, then use riptide, healing wave x2 as your rotation. Your mana pool should stay up. I am finishing up gearing in normal dungeons, so I cannot speak from experience if this is best practice in heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 11:11 PMPosted by Mungzilla
Try keeping ES on the tank, then use riptide, healing wave x2 as your rotation. Your mana pool should stay up. I am finishing up gearing in normal dungeons, so I cannot speak from experience if this is best practice in heroics.

its not, GHW will be your staple tank heal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
It's not back to vanilla - vanilla healing was fun.

Cancel healing was not fun, only shaman really had big mana issues IIRC.

They've attempted to provide depth to the healing role (needed), while reducing it's power greatly.

Hopefully they get the numbers right, I'm certain there is quite a bit of balancing they will soon intend to do.

Especially since they're getting tons more data then the beta provided.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/09/2010 10:55 PMPosted by Faveokatro
Nobody takes 50k damage per second, because encounters simply aren't designed that way. As for the avoidable effects, you won't be able to heal through poor awareness. It's that simple.

no but when there is party wide 10k dps (do the uldum dungeon in the phase with the bird that steals souls) its either heal the raid with a 3sec cast for less then the aoe damage itself or use fast ineffeicent heals just to live.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/10/2010 1:03 AMPosted by Meyrinhawke
but when there is party wide 10k dps (do the uldum dungeon in the phase with the bird that steals souls) its either heal the raid with a 3sec cast for less then the aoe damage itself or use fast ineffeicent heals just to live.

When you know its coming, Prayer of healing isn't your only tool to heal. Holy word, renew, CoH, PoM, and PoH and even lol lightwell. Seriously, if you know its coming just drop holy word, renew everyone, use lightwell for yourself and just heal your ass off. You can't just rely on one spell as a priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]