Druid healing, the ups and downs and the how.

85 Troll Druid
K basically i have tried every heroic and i am faced with the same situation; when the tank gets hit below 50% i have no "big" heals to quickly top him back up.
My heals are pathetic for the cost and even the cast time. 5k+ mana for regrowth and it heals for nothing? .. not even worth having on your damn bars
Lifebloom + Nourish/healing touch spam is going well but it is still very weak and the cast time/weakness of these spells is the amount they heal for.. which is near to nothing.
Rejuv is good and i'm glad they eliminated the spamming of it but it still heals for near to nothing.

My advice.. Our heals need to be re-scaled, 5k mana for a heal that barely does 7k.. come on..

Only way to currently heal and not go oom instantly = Lifebloom spam the tank and chuck on a rejuv when he starts taking a beat.. nourish spam until he goes below 70% and then healing touch. Swiftmend is very weak atm.. but hey its O.K to attempt to top up the tank.

I am not QQing, i am glad they made healing harder and not a 1 button fest, but heals are currently way to weak for druids and the cost does not accommodate the heal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Yea im sick of losing gear to them aswell, spirit now gives them Hit =(.. and spirit just does not give enough mana back for the cost of the spells.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 6:07 AMPosted by Alphabeast
Yea im sick of losing gear to them aswell, spirit now gives them Hit =(.. and spirit just does not give enough mana back for the cost of the spells.

Spirit only gives hit to balance druids, elemental shaman and shadow priests, so they can legitimately roll on spirit gear.
Mages and warlocks should not be touching anything with spirit.
Edited by Keiyra on 12/10/2010 6:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
yea, it takes hours to finish a heroic dungeon this is insane.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
I do agree there is something wrong with our healing. Unless somehow the heroic gear and tier gear adds a ton of mana regain, i am no longer very efficient. Healed the vortex at 82 with greens and such and we made it through somehow, me going oom every pull and using innervate allll the time. Now at 85, ran the vortex again, much better gear, going oom just as fast and not seeming to heal anyone. I switched to dps, we got a lvl 82 priest healing, dont think they ever went oom. I am leveling my priest.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I haven't done heroics yet but I'm a bit nervous about it.

It's been frustrating that through leveling, my groupmates were getting stronger and more powerful, and I was getting weaker. All I had to look forward to as I reached new levels was insanely higher costs for my heals, which would not heal for more (and essentially become less effective because of how quickly healthpools scale). It'll be a little less frustrating when groups realize that much more of the responsibility for staying alive falls on THEIR shoulders than it has in the past. But that still doesn't make me feel less frustrated with essentially being the weakest link in every group.
Reply Quote
26 Undead Priest
I feel the same.
It'd be nice to get some blizz feedback to see if they are happy with the current healing situation or not and if they plan to make any changes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/10/2010 6:52 AMPosted by Layazil
I feel the same.
It'd be nice to get some blizz feedback to see if they are happy with the current healing situation or not and if they plan to make any changes.

yea i agree, but surely something has to change. The cost just does not accommodate the heal, unless we end up with lots and lots of spirit and spell power.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Healing Touch only cost 5k mana and heals for 20k non crit BTW.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 6:44 AMPosted by Druidcoin
yea, it takes hours to finish a heroic dungeon this is insane.

To be fair, i spent many hours in BC heroics back then (As dps) Spent 8 hours in Shadow lab once, dont know why, and wont do again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 7:24 AMPosted by Marozi
Healing Touch only cost 5k mana and heals for 20k non crit BTW.

I wish HT healed 20k non crit. Its more like 14k
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Why does the tank need to be topped off?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 11:26 PMPosted by Aphorism
Why does the tank need to be topped off?

The tank has to be above 40k HP at all times or he will die to spike damage.

I don't even bother topping anymore, but I can't deal with it. If he spikes to 10k, I have to chain cast a 2.5 second heal and pray he doesn't die.

The 'dont top people off' thing is a stupid excuse for bad mechanics. Holy Paladins and Restoration Shamans can get their big heal to 1.7 seconds, but Resto Druids and Disc Priests are screwed.
Edited by Evolute on 12/12/2010 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

K basically i have tried every heroic and i am faced with the same situation; when the tank gets hit below 50% i have no "big" heals to quickly top him back up.
You have the option of letting lifebloom bloom, healing touch, NS healing touch, swiftmend, tree form regrowth, tranquility, let him die and battle res. When a tank gets that low its scary, but we have options, and choosing the right one is now a big part of healing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Just tried to heal regular Stonecore, and I am really bummed out. Failed on the second boss, I simply could not keep everyone up, and I was running out of mana after every pull. My heals are weak, my regeneration is laughable. I went through a stack of water just getting as far as we did. I think I am done with druid healing. This sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 11:50 PMPosted by Watreskell
Just tried to heal regular Stonecore, and I am really bummed out. Failed on the second boss, I simply could not keep everyone up, and I was running out of mana after every pull. My heals are weak, my regeneration is laughable. I went through a stack of water just getting as far as we did. I think I am done with druid healing. This sucks.

Please don't give up, I love druid healers in heroics. Once you get a group who can cc properly and who actually know boss mechanics healing becomes much better. Healer's can no longer carry groups and it's something that players will have to get used to, but it does get better once you get people actually know how to play.
Edited by Sintram on 12/13/2010 12:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Honestly. I love Cata and all, and I like the new healing. I've healed every heroic except BRC and even then I've tanked that.

I just wish I was a paladin.

Just like I wished I was a Paladin in WoTLK.

Free Glad, Easiest Healer, and also Best Healer.

Dear god. Nerf the living @%!! out of them please. I can't keep up. At all. And really, it's not me or my gear..... damn.

Their cooldowns are just too good. BoP, Light of Dawn Holy Radiance Raid Wall.. so useful.. while druids get...... uhhhhhh........ wat. Battile rez? So they gotta die to use my cd. Coolio. Why let them die when I could keep them alive 100x better as a pally.

Wouldn't surprise me to see triple pally 10 mans. Now that I think about it... Triple Beacon sounds really good.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 12:53 AMPosted by Fronk
Honestly. I love Cata and all, and I like the new healing. I've healed every heroic except BRC and even then I've tanked that.

I just wish I was a paladin.

Just like I wished I was a Paladin in WoTLK.

Free Glad, Easiest Healer, and also Best Healer.

Dear god. Nerf the living @%!! out of them please. I can't keep up. At all. And really, it's not me or my gear..... damn.

Their cooldowns are just too good. BoP, Light of Dawn Holy Radiance Raid Wall.. so useful.. while druids get...... uhhhhhh........ wat. Battile rez? So they gotta die to use my cd. Coolio. Why let them die when I could keep them alive 100x better as a pally.

Wouldn't surprise me to see triple pally 10 mans. Now that I think about it... Triple Beacon sounds really good.

Holy pally's don't have raid wall unless they have some talent I'm not aware of.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]