Thinking of rolling a healer...

28 Night Elf Hunter
What class is best for heals? any tips would be great!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Don't you will have more fun taking a bat to the side of your head at 85 or to one of the players your doing runs with who think healers at 85 are the same as they were at 80 or below :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
as of now all healing classes are streamlined, to a point, and it more up to what class you would like to play and enjoy more.

paladin still brings big single target heals with little aoe
priests have alot of single and aoe shields and aoe heals
shaman lot of aoe heals with some single target heals
druids have alot of heal over time heals with a mix of aoe and single target heals

i think i got that all that right :S
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
I wouldn't heal right now, most unfun I've ever had in a game, and I used to heal in EQ....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Right now would either be the worst or best time to learn to heal.

On the one hand it's pretty difficult due to all the changes to healing, tanking, and mob behaviors.

On the other, I truly believe that the main issue people are having with healing (myself included) is that we're used to one way of doing things and now it's all been turned on its head. Learning from square one might be at your benefit.

That said, Rageblahh is right. Each class offers it's own style, pick one you think you would enjoy the most, or try them all.
Reply Quote
28 Night Elf Hunter
thanks for the advice, I started a priest already and looking forward to get in the dungeons!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Healing Is AWESOME!!!

I wanted to just level as Resto running instances, but with all the QQ I will be grinding out quests this weekend as ele to get to 85 and join the fun.

there will be alot of "butt puckering moments" as you hope a slow heal lands Also interupts and dispells will save you alot of mana. precasting is a art that you will have to learn.
Its all very exciting.

as you get better gear then the other spells you have start to become usefull, so try not get discouraged. Healing heroics in Blues and greens will not be easy, Hell healing is not easy ... and that is what makes it crazy!!!

GL

leveling now wil mean that things will go smoother for you. by the time you hit 85 the tanks will be better geared and the dps will not stand in stuipd .... as much =)
Edited by Hexxadecimal on 12/10/2010 6:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
ah, reminds me of vanilla, kinda excited
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/10/2010 6:37 AMPosted by Helpdesk
ah, reminds me of vanilla, kinda excited

That's what I thought when I read about it. I progression healed everything from MC onward.

That being said, this is miserable. The game is NOT fun atm.

Disclaimer: I'm in 333/346 gear atm, so I am hopeful that things will improve as gear scales however, this is the least fun I've ever had playing the game.

I like the IDEA behind the healing changes, but either something got goofred up or they went too far. This is NOT fun atm. Roll a dps and let someone else deal with the headaches.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Everyone who is telling you that healing is not worth it now fails to understand that by the time you level your toon up to 80 everyone else will have the dungeons dialed in and be well geared for them. And, most likely Blizzard will have tweaked whatever lingering problems remain in the healing classes.

Roll a healer and enjoy it. This priest is by far the most enjoyable class I've played.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]