Cataclysm - The shortage of healers....

85 Night Elf Druid
With the new changes to healing, i can foresee a large amount of healers calling it quits. Before all you mad skillz healers say that people quit cos they're noobs and arent from BC or vanilla, that is certainly not the reason this will happen.

Healing has become so incredibly boring, to the point where i must use only 1 spell throughout a whole fight in order to not go oom. Yes i agree that healers must think about what spell to use and when but its at the point where its not hard, its just the same thing over and over every fight (nourish spam to avoid mana issues). Using my skills like rejuvenation will leave me with a heal that heals the tank for less health than the mana cost to use it. I do not have any trouble healing, but i must say it is unbelievable how repetitive nourish spam gets.

Just want to know if you guys think there will become a shortage of healers, and whether or not we will see the time where tanks aren't always receiving instant queues.

P.S Please refrain from commenting on my skills or anything like that as this post has nothing to do with my ability.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Shorter queue times for me! Yay!

In all seriousness, Blizzard does need to tweak some spells. Every class right now has a "DO NOT USE" spell (i.e. Regrowth) that will not be touched, and there's just something wrong with that. They either need to add some kind of synergy dealing with these spells (i.e. "if there is no HoT on a target, Regrowth's HoT portion extends x seconds" -- just an example).

I'm really, really enjoying healing regular dungeons, but from the horror stories I'm pretty scared to try my hand in heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah i think the real problem lies in spells that are completely outlawed in terms of consuming mana. Regrowth is a perfect example it hits for nothing and costs 6.5k mana :S
Reply Quote
While I agree the new healing is more "involved" now. I feel it sort of gone to far the other way. I mean I keep up, but I don't have time to enjoy it. I can't chat while I'm clearing trash. So yes, I do tend to think of this as turn off to people. Whether this will equal a shortage? Yet to be seen.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I really enjoyed my time as a healer in WotLK, and im willing to accept change. However a change that makes healing much much less fun is not one im entirely interested in. Call me noob, call me what you like, but i know what i have fun doing and what not. The bottom line is healing just isn't fun anymore. Tedious and sometimes hard =/= Fun
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I think it's more interesting cause you actually have to pay attention to who you heal when instead of in wrath where you could use all your spells to heal everyone from 0-100% in all of about 4 seconds. Thus, you rarely had to pay attention to anything cause you could carry just about any group of morons through just about anything they pulled. I like having the rest of the group have to work as a team and I like seeing real group synergy. Godmode wrath 5-man healing was only fun to see how big of a SNAFU I could salvage. It's true that we're casting less spells, but the difference is you actually have to make some decisions and the rest of the group has to be less than retarded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]