Good CC classes?

49 Troll Hunter
After deleting a few lowbies and such, I've got one space left to make a new toon.

So I'm looking to roll out a second DPS toon (this toon is the highest level DPS I have in WoW).

What're my good options for a class strong in CC, other than hunter; since I already have that covered. I figure if I ever do make it to max level on one of my DPS, I want one that can CC well. Especiall given that even normal cata dungeons need CC.

I'm thinking mage for sheeping targets. Its been a -long- time since I've seen much CC out of Warlock succubus - not since the days of Kara. So I don't know how viable they are there now. And likewise Sap, not since classic have I seen a rogue actively sapping targets - and I was lowbie then. I know they've got an in-combat sap as I've been hit by it many times in Wintergrasp, but I've never seen it used in PvE.

And never having played any of these; while I know they're out there, I couldn't say which is strongest or viable against the widest range of targets.

Any comparisons?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Well, I just finished up running the last heroic, and being a warlock definitely made it easy on my group. With the new fear glyph which lets you use fear as cc in dungeons now I was able to cc two targets on most of the difficult pulls because there are tons of elementals in cata so I was able to fear one and banish one.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Fear is arguably the best instance CC now. It can be put on any creature type and doesnt break automatically if it somehow gets brushed by AoE or flying dots.

Add in the fact that there is a ton of banishable elemental trash, most of which is the ''hard hitting'' of the packs, and the possibility of seduce, and ive actually been able to handle 3 mob CCs on my own.

In other words, right now, the best CCer for heroics is a warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
As was said above, warlocks.

Fear is a decent CC that can hit almost any target and banish is an incredible CC that can hit specific targets.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Rogues do not have an in combat sap.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
locks. banish, fear, seduce

crazy CC
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
hehe sadly the demon count is very low in cata :P Mostly humanoids and elementals.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Banish(demons and elementals), Fear(Glyphed), Seduce(humanoid) and Enslave Demon(Demons dur).

Good options for CC, apart from Fear they are somewhat limited, but still very good.

And Curse of exhaustion can be used as a CC too, Get aggro on the meele mob and CoE him, this ofcourse if you have the room to do so
Edited by Täriel on 12/10/2010 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Not to forget that as destro i tend to range tank a lot of caster mobs when they cant be CCed (5-6 pulls) with Searing Pain and Nether Prot.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
As most others have suggested, warlocks. I'm quite positive I could keep 4 out of 5 mobs occupied in some pulls this expansion. It's fairly entertaining until the healer tries to suggest my DPS isn't enough, lol. But who beats pally tanks these days anyway on trash pulls.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Survival hunters are also mad amounts of CC right now - trap launcher + sleep works on two mobs. Add me as a lock in the group, and we can effectively CC 4-6 mobs.
Reply Quote
49 Troll Hunter
Looks like people are favoring locks for CC, which is a surprise to me. I hadn't seen he glyph for fear that kept them from fleeing. That -does- change everything.

So I guess I'm going to have to roll out a lock for my other DPS alt. :)

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]