Grow as a player/you are not good right now.

81 Goblin Shaman
12/10/2010 9:06 AMPosted by Dorlesa

decent players willl adapt. wotlk kiddos are going to struggle and burn out hard is my prediction.

Man, people in my guild are already trying to tell me that "healing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard it's impossible!" One of the healers was switching to dps anyways, and when I told him 'we'll see' (as I haven't healed one yet) he started trying to convince me, before I got a chance to try it that healing is too difficult.

I look forward to proving them all wrong. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Was gone in class- someone mentioned that I didnt make sense because I mentioned healers should be holding themselves accountable. What I meant by that is that if you are absolutely sure you are playing flawlessly (noone does this), then you need to find different people.

Many people are saying healing is impossible with LFG downies. This is correct. But really, from a design standpoint, should you be able to just smooth over other peoples mistakes? LFG is a tool to find people if you don't have friends online atm or just for fun, not a tool to make a perfect group. Consider if LFG worked for raids. These pugs would probably suck ass, right? Thats what I meant when I said "treat them like heroic raids." We dont have the gear to pug heroics, and for someone to think they can come in with full blues and easily heal this stuff is mind boggling. I for one think these people saying their heals are too weak think that due to:

1) using the wrong heals
2) having to heal people taking dmg when they shouldn't

So ask yourself, should a group that has 3 dpsers standing in fire be allowed to succeed? I think not. They may blame you, but there's nothing you can do about that other than to enlighten the group about what ACTUALLY wiped you.

To the guy who said healer or gtfo: I have already healed heroics at 85 plenty. I know what its like.

To the guy who says the bigger masses should be what the game is balanced around, and therefore catered to: the masses like you are ARE what the game is designed around. NORMAL MODE. HEROIC is for elitists like us. And harder content means better gear, read my earlier post about accepting this as truth. If you are a worse player, you will (and should) forever has worse gear. Sorry.
Edited by Broxis on 12/10/2010 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
12/10/2010 9:23 AMPosted by Choo

I love being verbally harrassed by kids that can't take criticism! Called a ##%#ing retard for telling them they're doing it wrong! Man, votekicks are the best!

There's a right way and a wrong way to address people's failings. You chose the wrong way. If you emphasize what they should do this time, and not so much what they didn't do last time, people tend not to take offense quite so much.

If you're a douche about it, then the vote kick is justified in my book.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
How do we nominate things for a sticky on the new forums?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Hell no, this does not deserve a sticky.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Another thing I would suggest:

Roll more alts.

The more classes you know how to play, the better you'll be at your main. Each class has unique mechanics and skills that, once mastered, give you new insight into how to use abilities you think you're used to. Playing a hunter made me better at kiting on my mage. Playing a tank helps me to know how to heal them better. Playing a resto druid showed me a completely different way of thinking about healing.

OP is right, though. You can always get better.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
OP, can I have your babies? :D

Thank you for stating this - it needs a sticky imo.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 9:23 AMPosted by Legolasstabr
12/10/2010 9:08 AMPosted by Everstrong
I hope Blizzard stands strong, they will adapt or they will reroll.

No offense bro, but this game has been out for a while now and the healing mechanics have never been as terrible as they are now. People who didn't like healing the way it was had 6 years to figure out and re-roll, why are we the ones who should change?

Actually, those of us who have been healing for six years were happy in Vanilla, happy in BC, unhappy in Wrath, and happy in Cataclysm. Best 3 out of 4, now who should change?

Yeah - exactly. The Wrath kiddies.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

Actually, those of us who have been healing for six years were happy in Vanilla, happy in BC, unhappy in Wrath, and happy in Cataclysm. Best 3 out of 4, now who should change?

Incorrect. I was, for the most part, happy enough with healing 99% of the time throughout all of vanilla, BC, and WOTLK. I have played this priest as a healer for 5 years as my main. All 3 of those healing designs were ones I was able to enjoy. What did they have in common? Well I would say the most important thing for me that had in common is that at least some really big, strong heals were available at all 3 times in the game. However, I 100% hate every aspect of Cataclysm healing. So, you're wrong. Not every long time healer likes this design. If you look at threads many people who feel as I do are saying how much better BC healing was compared to Cata because the expensive heals were strong when you felt you needed to spend a lot of your mana on a big emergency heal. Take a look around, you will see many long time healers saying this, who either healed since vanilla or since BC.
Edited by Elliora on 12/10/2010 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Reporting you for account sharing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/10/2010 8:59 AMPosted by Scabïes
8/10 the average player doesn't get the chance to roll with guild mates or smart pick ups. Pug groups with the WOTLK mindset are what's causing frustration for many. Cata heroics really aren't that much different from BC heroics back in the day.

In BC I didn't oom if one person screwed up and had a 2 second lapse in judgement. Sure, I can let him die, but then the boss takes longer and I'll oom before the end of it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Greetings warrior poster.. How's your class doing? good? yeah. I figured it was good, cause you don't have problems tanking, or dpsing.. which is what your class is designed to do. PRETTY MUCH STATUS QUO OVER THERE HUH?

thanks for stopping by and telling us we're all bad and need to get better. Really appreciate that coming from a non broken class and all.

Toodles!

Love,

healers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Healing heroics is hard even with smart people. We druids do not have the power or mana efficiency to heal most boss encounters. I have attempted everything I can think of to stay alive, and I can't seem to do it. I get about 2 minutes and then I am out of mana and cooldowns to use.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Totally agree with the OP, BUT...

Scaling of healing is broken. In every sense of the word, broken. You can suggest any number of trite or inconsequential things that make me feel better about what is to come, but when my heals aren't scaling upward with health pools scaling up 4-5 fold, that is an issue. You cannot argue the logic of that with any reason to me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I'd say healing needs a slight buff. Regen also needs a boost to a slight degree. I personally hate having to sit around after each trash pull waiting for this the healer to regen. I wouldn't worry too much healers because in a week or 2 you will see the changes happen.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Everyone complaining in this thread: THIS GAME IS FULL OF IDIOTS THAT COMPLAIN WHEN WE DIE, MAKE EVERYTHING EASY SO WE DON'T DIE AND THEY WON'T COMPLAIN AT MEEEEEE

Man up. Run with guild until the player base adjusts. Don't have a guild? Get one.

Edit: The ONLY suggestion that I agree with is to buff out of combat regen, both health and mana. Sitting around drinking, filling everyone's health pool, and then drinking again is slightly tedious. Or make people eat food. >:D
Edited by Liriael on 12/10/2010 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/10/2010 4:50 PMPosted by Elliora

Incorrect. I was, for the most part, happy enough with healing 99% of the time throughout all of vanilla, BC, and WOTLK. I have played this priest as a healer for 5 years as my main. All 3 of those healing designs were ones I was able to enjoy. What did they have in common? Well I would say the most important thing for me that had in common is that at least some really big, strong heals were available at all 3 times in the game. However, I 100% hate every aspect of Cataclysm healing. So, you're wrong. Not every long time healer likes this design. If you look at threads many people who feel as I do are saying how much better BC healing was compared to Cata because the expensive heals were strong when you felt you needed to spend a lot of your mana on a big emergency heal. Take a look around, you will see many long time healers saying this, who either healed since vanilla or since BC.

This - 1000 times this. I like challenge. I am always adaptable and I love learning. I have been healing for far longer than your purported 85 heroics forays (of which I am skeptical to say the least). I have never felt that I was unable to somehow manage, with the myriad tools at my fingertips, to make adjustments. I stepped into the regular dungeons and though well, this is where the learning starts right? I stepped into my first heroic and said "what BS we were fed". Tanks can get instagibbed, there's plenty of AoE damage (hello final boss in Heroic Lost City, or final boss in Throne I am talking to you) but hey, my toolset, as diverse as it is must have something right? Wrong. I cant even safely recover a 120,000 HP tank within a reasonable time. It's early in the expansion, sure. But that's no excuse to make healing irreparably broken. Pat yourself on the back if you'd like but plenty of us have far more experience and are troubled.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Ooooh boy. Flamers unite here, gj man. I agree with most of what your post suggests. The guild oriented game of vanilla is what convinced me to invest time into the game and I really enjoyed the challenge of trying to progress in raids and dungeons. Remember how absolutely neccesary fire resist gear was in MC? What people really need to remember is that we are literally 4 days into the expansion. There is a very small percentage of people who could feasibly be "adequately" geared for heroics atm. Is your gs at a minimum of 333? No? K go gear up, learn the mechanics while doing normal dungeon grinds and practice useing all aspects of your class better. As for heals. I understand.. Completely. It is not as easy to hop into a heroics and float the 5maner boat anymore. Percentages of healing to healthpool ratio feel like crap yet you will notice that people have completed every heroics 5man out already, so it IS doable. You will likely have already noticed that stat to gear score ratio is flying high and heals will likely become more proportionate as you come into higher gear and as you are able to abuse set bonuses. Also, are you chanted yet? Because I am, and it helps. Alot. I'm really tired of this whole "what's better for Bliz's economy" bs. I have restated this too many times in the last week, but, mmorpg's are not focused around the casual player. Yes bliz is going to cater the game to be fully playable to somone who is casual, however any cool purple item worth getting MUST neccesitate effort or else there is no challenge available for those of us who don't set all of our games to easy mode. Capiche?
Edited by Ferandor on 12/11/2010 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 9:28 AMPosted by Sausagefan
What's the point of these threads? Most people aren't saying they aren't good enough or that they don't know what to do - they're saying they dislike the new healing model. Please notice the difference between the two. I'm perfectly capable of adapting to the new model and successfully healing. I just think it's a bad, unenjoyable model.

This is exactly how I feel. There is more going on than "lololol casual baddies gtfo my game go play hello kitty island noob!!1!"

I can tell there are people who are delighted and want to see the population of healers dwindle until we're left with just the most hardcore. It's a strange kind of revenge for these people, I think. Wrath ruined their game, and now, payback is hell. But in the end, if healers stop queuing in LFD, and we're left with a handful of hardcore pockets of guilded healers who don't pug ... the game suffers. It's the opposite extreme of the Wrath model where everybody is a winner and everyone gets a prize.

But this new healing model, where you weaken as you level, and costs rise sharply but give rapidly diminishing returns ... that's just depressing. I mean, I rather enjoy watching my toons get more powerful, not more crippled.

I shudder to think what pvp healing will be like now. But I guess that's another issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]