"What's that blue circle?"

35 Troll Priest
I hit 83 yesterday on my Resto Shaman and hit up the LFD with a tank friend of mine, looking for gear. Healing Rain might just be the funniest thing ever. Some people panicked and tried to run away. Others asked if it was part of the boss mechanic (this despite the fact that I had been casting it since the beginning of the instance to field test it). I had a DK that would jump to just outside the graphic as though it were Infest. My friend and I nearly died laughing.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Haha, i scared my group with Ring of Frost xD They all got away from the boss like a pack of roaches
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Welcome to the club - been scaring noobs with my green circle of poisonous radioactive leaves for a while now :p
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/10/2010 10:59 AMPosted by Keiyra
Welcome to the club - been scaring noobs with my green circle of poisonous radioactive leaves for a while now :p

Lol, I love when people run from the green circle. Scaring people is a highlight in dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Haha, people are perplexed still with Power Word: Barrier, they think it's come to engulf them !
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Yep :p
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

I'll join that club.

PoH chakra holy word looks the same but is white and don't even get me started on lightwell. Though, it could be an omen of good change that DPS are starting to realize their surroundings and to get out of anything that wasn't there before. Maybe they're thinking "no matter what it is, if it pops near me and wasn't there when we started the encounter it's better to just get out of it." Which is why I say "If it's black and hurts get out of it. If it's white, it's mine and stand in it." Seems to be working... somewhat.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
DNA
In the Vortex Pinnacle, tank and melee dps does their best to kite the trash dragon out of the green circle of it's own healing rain, that's fine.. And then they kited the dragon out of -my- healing rain... on every single trash dragon that does this.. even after I pointed out "that's mine, you just moved out of your heals" every single time.

I'm guessing they're colourblind ?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Well they've been trained in the art of not standing in stuff on the floor. Now we want the to step in only certain stuff on the floor. This is just too confusing blizzard, my years of training have taught me not to love the blue stuff.
Reply Quote
To the contrary, the first time I ran it, I had a party fighting high prophet barim in lost city who thought Hallowed Ground was a friendly spell and sat in it the entire time. I would have yelled at them to move if I wasn't busy trying to keep the tank from dying. I was oom halfway through and somehow managed to delay deaths long enough with HL, HS, and WoG that we downed the boss...with the last living person (dps) at 10% health 0.o

Next time I did it, it was a dungeon in progress and they'd wiped on that boss. Turns out they'd wiped because they did the same thing and blamed the healer. I told them to stay the heck out of it pre-fight and things went fine. I seriously don't think dps and tanks know the difference between green numbers and red numbers.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Yeah I have it macrod thusly:

#showtooltip
/cast Healing Rain
/p It was raining.... A healing rain. STAND IN THE BLUE CIRCLE!

lol.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
/sigh

..was tanking Stonecore for the first time yesterday. I thought Healing Rain was a mob ability and moved out of it, and continued to do so. I wasn't corrected at all. I even asked "is the blue stuff something I need to be worried about?" The only response was "Nope."

Great! I didn't figure out what it was until the shaman started talking about how cool he thought it was.

/cry
Reply Quote
12/11/2010 12:53 AMPosted by Illbegentle
Yeah I have it macrod thusly:

#showtooltip
/cast Healing Rain
/p It was raining.... A healing rain. STAND IN THE BLUE CIRCLE!

lol.

I think all shaman need to adopt this. I would be scared of it too :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]