Do Heirlooms Give XP Bonus 80-81?

70 Undead Priest
I have seen countless blizzard posts state that heirlooms would not give bonus xp past level 79.

However, Athene, the world's best paladin and also the person who got the world first level 85, just released a video where he explained how he leveled to 85 in 5 hours. In that video at 1:05 he states that heirlooms DO give the xp bonus from level 80 to 81.

Is their a way to confirm ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcD5rQJONV4&feature=player_embedded
Reply Quote
HA! I wish....

---Edit---
*ahem* what I meant to say was "no they do not"
Edited by Sonicßoom on 12/10/2010 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
No. They stop working at 80. Isn't that the same paladin that exploited his way to 80 and 85?
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Yes listen to a player who exploited his way to not one but two levels... WOOT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Being the first to 85 does not, and will not ever mean, "best".
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
12/10/2010 12:48 PMPosted by Diamora
No. They stop working at 80. Isn't that the same paladin that exploited his way to 80 and 85?

He exploited to level 80.

This time he didn't get banned....but he did play around with mob tagging.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
12/10/2010 12:50 PMPosted by Rhinorrhea

Dude, he is the BEST paladin in the world. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYrFR9RT_U
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Paladin
12/10/2010 12:50 PMPosted by Rhinorrhea

You do realize that Athene has completed many feats to prove that he is damn good.

Right before he quit a while back, people were accusing him of being carried to merciless gladiator and that he is actually quite bad.

To prove them wrong, the next week he played countless arena games and became #1 in all THREE brackets that week.

I would say that he has the right to be arrogant.
Reply Quote
45 Orc Warrior
It might have on the Euro servers and/or when the expansion first launched.

I doubt it still does if it did with all the hotfixes.

And Athene is STILL the "greatest pally in the world" by far.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
12/10/2010 12:53 PMPosted by Holycow
You do realize that Athene has completed many feats to prove that he is damn good.

Right before he quit a while back, people were accusing him of being carried to merciless gladiator and that he is actually quite bad.

To prove them wrong, the next week he played countless arena games and became #1 in all THREE brackets that week.

I would say that he has the right to be arrogant.

I think most people, including myself, refer to him (tongue in cheek) as the best paladin in the world since he so famously declared himself the world's best paladin in the second youtube video I linked :)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCP8ZyCbkc

I am going to /thread in my own reply.

/thread
Edited by Trôll on 12/10/2010 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
12/10/2010 12:58 PMPosted by Trôll

I am going to /thread in my own post.

/thread

No, the xp question is open. This isn't a thread about Athene :) Do heirlooms give xp level 80-81? Is their a way to confirm or deny this in-game? Many people have posted that Athene is a good player, so if he said it does....does it make it so?
Edited by Loffers on 12/10/2010 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
But what about his boyfriend, furious? :(

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
First off best anything is a massive stretch unless your talking about best exploiter of game mechanics.

The only thing he did was tag mobs then a ton of people killed everything for him. If all those people were in his party or raid group then ya give it to him but when you tag a mob nobody but you or your party or raid are "supposed" to kill them that is why they are grey to everyone else so they dont get exp or loot.

All the people who killed for him ignored the fact that they get no exp or loot which is not how the game is supposed to work and they continued to kill every single mob so ya its a dirty way to get exp and should be an exploit since again its not how the game is supposed to be played.

And no heirlooms give no exp past 80
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
12/10/2010 12:54 PMPosted by Kalgrath
It might have on the Euro servers and/or when the expansion first launched.

I doubt it still does if it did with all the hotfixes.

And Athene is STILL the "greatest pally in the world" by far.

LOL. He may be, but being the greatest pally in the world is akin to being the greatest frisbee golf player in the world. No one gives a ##%@.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]