AoE split damage

Are there any other classes that have their AoE's split it's damage based on number of targets? It seems like a horrible mechanic, and we have it on both Holy Wrath and Ret's GoAK. Fix Pls?
Reply Quote
You're right, it is a horrible mechanic and no, no AoE acts so counter-intuitively off the top of my head.

It's mind boggling. It's like they looked at paladin use of Shard of the Fallen Star and Shadowmourne and thought to themselves "Man, paladins used the hell out of those things. We should make it into a base ability or two!" And there it was.

Christ, no one a Blizz HQ actively plays Ret. Not one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I think it is meteor that also does it. The difference is that I assume meteor does not hit like a wet noodle against a single target, and so is even worse when that damage is spread over multiple mobs.

TBH it makes no difference. HW does the same DPS regardless of the number of targets. And DS is only a DPS boost against 5 or more opponents.

Ret to all intents and purposes doesn't have an AoE option.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]