The Holy Priest Guide to Cataclysm

(Locked)

85 Gnome Priest
Thank you for posting this. I generally keep the dps around the same health until the fights are over, drink up, then start over. I just hit 85 the other day, I was disc from lvl 10-85, and once I hit 85, for some reason the cost of my spells went WAY up. So I decided to go Holy and never looked back.
85 Human Priest
THanks for the guide but im having trouble in LFR i just can't heal as well as others(shammys,pallys,druids) Im holyeveryone tells me to to disc. But i just enjoy holy more. I try and heal as many people as possible but people heal alot faster then me and seem to be able to heal a bunch more people at the same time. i get laughed at all the time :( any ideas on spell rotations or qgeneral tips?
90 Draenei Priest
Oh, really?
I thought healing was too easy in this expansion. CC should be necessary, no tank should ever break a Shackle Undead just to do more DPS on Recount. When a tank dies, the DPS Warrior shouldn't be able to assume position as a tank either on 3+ mobs of trash or boss fights.

Where are the Crushing Blows? They're gone. With that, all of the difficulties in Raiding or doing Bosses went out the door never to return.
Edited by Derpyhoovez on 1/31/2012 10:56 AM PST
90 Human Priest
I would like to say Thank you as a new player who chose priest, this helped a lot.
85 Human Priest
This is a great post because.... I'm a Turban Wearin. heal dealin badass!
Edited by Gãrret on 2/27/2012 2:48 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
How often should you use lightwell? I only use it when during the boss fights right now.
90 Worgen Priest
I laugh at all this talk about Lightwell. Seriously, a healer that requires people to click on something to be healed? Only Holy Priests bring that kind of work to a group. You put something and then it's not your job anymore. How fun is that? I have other things to look at as a Tank, heal is just there. I can pop a CD or two if the need arises, but to find something on my screen to CLICK? LOL.

It can be clicked in mid cast or while CCed, do not underestimate it.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I find healing to be more involved and fun than in wotlk. back then it was spam, pam wait 5 seconds and spam again. now I have to be more thoughtful, and the tanks and dps share the blame when i can't keep em healed
Edited by Willardnigma on 5/8/2012 10:22 AM PDT
85 Goblin Priest
I laugh at all this talk about Lightwell. Seriously, a healer that requires people to click on something to be healed? Only Holy Priests bring that kind of work to a group. You put something and then it's not your job anymore. How fun is that? I have other things to look at as a Tank, heal is just there. I can pop a CD or two if the need arises, but to find something on my screen to CLICK? LOL.

It can be clicked in mid cast or while CCed, do not underestimate it.

1)I use it to sand in the middle during H-Hagara
2)My personal Searing plasma dispeller in h-spine
3)I don't need to cast heals on myself during H-zonozz black phase and can focus on my group that loves to spread out.
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. Make macro:

Code:

/target Lightwell

2. Go into Key Bindings, near the bottom of Targeting Settings, and bind a key to:

Code:

Interact with Target

3. Put the lightwell macro right next to the bound key (for ease of pressing both buttons)

4. Press the macro first, then your Interact with Target button

5. ???

6. TOP HEALING METERS!

Now people won't have an excuse for not clicking the Lightwell when you tell them to, because this macro+keybind makes it easy to use the Lightwell.

My lightwell (if including crits) has the potential to heal for multiple hundreds of thousands... IMO if your raiders are not utilizing our highest through-put heal.. Get better raiders.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love this guide. :)
85 Tauren Shaman
all we have here is a guy justifying that holy priest are all right and not broken.yet the complaints are legit and they are this way because the dev, team cant find a way to unify holy into pvp. so they nerf them .
Thanks for the advice im still starting off in holy so when i wiped for the first time i thought it was my fault but it was the dps's fault to pull the boss when the tank was getting mana
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love this guide. I cannot tell you how many dps have insulted me just because of the glowing crosses around my feet. Heal is amazing. My haste makes it just over a 2 second cast time. When is the last time a druid or shaman has healed you in 2 seconds? Flash Heal costs 400 mana and I have over 7k mana so it is cheap in my opinion.

all we have here is a guy justifying that holy priest are all right and not broken.yet the complaints are legit and they are this way because the dev, team cant find a way to unify holy into pvp. so they nerf them .

That is partially correct. Holy is not the ideal choice for pvp, you're right, but if you use your spells right and have the right glyphs and talents you can be just as effective as any other healer. Holy Word: Sanctuary is just a little Wild Growth. Power Word: Sheild has the same effect as adding health to a character past 100%, and the glyph makes it a heal aswell.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't worry about wiping. I wipe all the time and then march my butt back into the dungeon and rez all the lazy people who can't walk, and we move on.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]