Healing needs a revamp, A.S.A.P

85 Tauren Druid
I guess Blizz wants another shortage of healers? I'm not saying I am the best player in the world, but I know my stuff....and there is something wrong when I'm struggling to keep people up in 5 man NORMAL dungeons. What is going on here?

P.S. Please don't give me that "run with your guild" crap. The majority of the people playing this game are casuals that make use of the random LFG system. Dungeons should be balanced around that, not on 5 players on vent together.
Reply Quote
MVP
83 Night Elf Priest
Sorry if this is an inappropriate question... but am I correct in seeing that you have no enchantments whatsoever?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Proper CC: your groups need to use it.

Beyond that, as gear ramps up, you'll have less trouble. Normal dungeons should be challenging in greens. Heroics should be very challenging in blues. If you just walk through and nothing makes you sweat, nothing makes you actually try... what's the point?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 3:46 PMPosted by Snowfoxen
Sorry if this is an inappropriate question... but am I correct in seeing that you have no enchantments whatsoever?

I just got my helm before I logged out and a few other pieces. But as of now as we speak, yes most of my items have enchants on them. Not that it would make that big of a difference or anything.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 3:47 PMPosted by Tempestmoon
Proper CC: your groups need to use it.

Beyond that, as gear ramps up, you'll have less trouble. Normal dungeons should be challenging in greens. Heroics should be very challenging in blues. If you just walk through and nothing makes you sweat, nothing makes you actually try... what's the point?

The thing is....they are only heroics. Not that it shouldn't be challenging. It should be. But it should be balanced for random pugs not for guild groups.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Healing is great now.

The thing is....they are only heroics. Not that it shouldn't be challenging. It should be. But it should be balanced for random pugs not for guild groups.

No, that's what normal modes are for.

Heroics are actually not a breeze anymore, as they should be.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Why are healers the only ones who have to make the extra effort? Tanks are doing fine. DPS is doing fine. Only healers are supposed to sweat? When does it get to be fun for healers? Why the double standard? The current situation is absurd for healers. I have to mana up after every single pull. The rest of the group has to wait around for me constantly. I'm dragging down their "fun" and god knows I'm not enjoying myself. All I can hope for is that the dps kills the mobs before I run out of mana which is rapidly. The only thing I can do is try to heal as little as possible. That's my role: minimal healing. Some fun.
Edited by Stellan on 12/10/2010 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 3:57 PMPosted by Junglé

Heroics should probably not be immediately accessible to even the most casual of players ~4 days into an expac.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 4:01 PMPosted by Fridays
12/10/2010 3:57 PMPosted by Junglé

Heroics should probably not be immediately accessible to even the most casual of players ~4 days into an expac.

I'm struggling in normal modes. The damage being done to the group is just crazy. I'm keeping lifebloom on the tank, throwing out rejuvs, wild growth when neccessary, etc. I know how to play. It just seems as if the job of healers is a lot harder than that of tanks and DPS and it's not fair.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hi!

I suggest in every dungeon to use CC.

They laugh at me.

And then AoE/Chain pull packs.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 4:50 PMPosted by Marozi
Healing is fine L2P.

And obviously because the renowned Druid Marozi says it, it must be so...

Wait, who are you again?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Heroics are fine in the mechanics, however the only 2 bosses I have attempted on heroic is Corebus, and altaires, and as a holy paladin, it is too hard to keep up with the damage on all non tank players.

The shard spray, easily does 30-40k damage before the player moves as it is over 10k a second.
So as I am trying to cast 1 FoL on them to help offset the damage, all the sudden the tank needs healing and oh look. Another shard spray on a 3rd target.

I have healed since 2006 going through vanilla, BC, and wrath. And non of those ever felt this hard. At least back then when i casted my biggest heal i saw their health bars go up (even if it was right when a monster hit them) and not down like it seems now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
There is indeed stuff wrong with heals.
The tanks have like 160k health and my heals heal for as much as they did when I was 80.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Healing is a challenge when you have little gear.

It gets better as people learn fights and tanks get gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Healing is challenging, yes.

If your group is taking that much damage, they're doing something wrong. CC is something that's -supposed- to be used to make your life easier, start suggesting it/using it. Damage is avoidable, tell people to stop standing in the grey/green/blue/red/purple/black/gooey fire.

Also, get out of the "Keep everyone topped off" mentality, it's out dated. if a DPS is at 70%, leave it. assuming they're not retarded(and if they are they're not worth the mana anyway, and would most likely die regardless of healing) they'll be fine, take the time to conserve mana.

I'm not really sure what you're doing as a healer, but it sounds to me like your grouping with people who shouldn't be allowed within 10 feet of a kitchen without a safety helmet with a siren and spinning light on it.

Eh, there were like a couple bosses yesterday where I actually ended with mana leftover because damage was avoided but honestly it still wasn't fun. I get bored casting such slow weak heals. blah.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
The amount of WoTLK noob coming from OP is enough one shot Deathwing!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Well, that's unfortunate indeed.

It just might not be the role for you then. The changes that were made are huge and different by ball parks than it was before (in wrath) so it is very possible that you don't find the role of healing enjoyable anymore, or you're just in a slump. Fun is subjective when it comes down to it, so really you might wanna consider going shadow and try that for awhile, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy go back to healing, try different specs, do whatever you want.

All in all, It's the beginning and changes are likely to be made, so hang in there in my opinion~

Well I enjoyed it throughout vanilla, BC, WOTLK. I found something to like in all those healing models. But I just miss too much being able to save my mana so that I could use big heals during periods of high damage. Now there are NO BIG HEALS at all. And that was one of the things I liked about bc mana management. You were encouraged to use the small heals during low damage parts of the fight so you had the mana to use the big heals during times of high damage. That was the kind of mana management I enjoyed. :(

That's why I'm so disappointed. Because I've invested 5 years into healing on this character. And it's suddenly missing something it's had since the beginning which is at least some strong, powerful heals. There has never been a time in 5 years heals were this small compared to player HP.
Edited by Elliora on 12/10/2010 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]