My newest pet peeve tanks/dps don't eat

85 Worgen Priest
This sound familiar? Mage table is cast. Casters take the water the others don't. After every pull you sit and drink and every time there is one or two people with 40k life waiting to be topped off which costs 1/4 of your mana bar each. Unless of course you want to use a mana efficient spell and stand there and spam it for 2 minutes to top them off. No one is eating back up to full and it's such a waste of damn time. I'm hoping the general population will soon figure it out that you save everyone's time by eating food in between pulls while your healer is drinking.
Edited by Jaey on 12/11/2010 12:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Glad im not the only one, this has been annoying the hell out of me.
Reply Quote
I use my efficient spells to get them to maybe 80% and then leave them. Sometimes I won't even do that unless it's before a fight where I know everyone takes a large deal of damage. I only get annoyed if I'm sitting there drinking and they're hanging out at 50% health or less. I generally ask myself how much mana it will cost and go from there. Sometimes dps get it, sometimes they don't.

Also, I love mages. I get less frustrated if I'm just wasting mana cakes :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Add life tap happy locks to the list!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Yes yes yes yes!!

My hubby has an 85 lock and he kept Lifetapping between pulls, and I had to tell him to eat up between pulls, I can't top off much anymore. Now he does a Soul Harvest that heals him between pulls, but all classes should get used to eating between pulls.
Reply Quote
84 Human Priest
Maybe it's time for all classes to have a soul harvest-esque cooldown, or for all vendor water to also heal like mage water.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 1:43 AMPosted by Taym
Maybe it's time for all classes to have a soul harvest-esque cooldown, or for all vendor water to also heal like mage water.

I've found that most warlocks don't know where their soul harvest button is located. And vendors sell food along with water.. you can eat and drink at the same time.

Anyway.. this is my pet-peeve too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 1:51 AMPosted by Eolyn
12/11/2010 1:43 AMPosted by Taym

I've found that most warlocks don't know where their soul harvest button is located. And vendors sell food along with water.. you can eat and drink at the same time.

Anyway.. this is my pet-peeve too.

Even mages don't eat.

It's oom > rest > top of group > rest a lil > pull.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is kinda irritating. If we have a bit of a walk I'll throw a single lifebloom up but that's it. Out of combat, your health is your responsibility.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
OMG, yes! I am glad I am not the only one
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Even my @%*@ing guildies won't sit and eat after wipes. >(

Bastards.

All of them!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Never thought of this, usually in all cases I will get the rare DPS that take even less damage than myself. On most runs the DPS/tanks will just wait until I spam my efficient heal then drink and those are the ones I am kicked from because they expect their bars to go from 1%-100% in seconds from heals alone. Some dps have even started to use bandages but food is much more efficient, too bad I don't have a mage in every group though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 1:34 AMPosted by Zamboozle
Add life tap happy locks to the list!

Oh god this. I had a group last night with two locks and I swear I went through like 40 mana cakes.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
Here here. Yet another reason Healers are getting the short end of the stick. They're already getting all this pressure thrown on them with people who still expect to steamroll AoE tank everything and the healing to heal through unecessary standing in fire damage.

Now we have people who expect healers to use water they paid for to replenish their health. I agree with a poster above. Out of combat, your health is your responsibility. In fact I may make this a macro before every instance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]