ruining my favorite thing

85 Troll Priest
Ok, to start off, i realize i am not in very good gear and i realize it might become easier as i gear up, but until then it is so challenging i cant even think about trying to gear up.

So healers are a necessity in a 5 man dungeon, without them you die. I understand that in WOTLK healing was a joke, and mind-numbingly easy so blizzard wanted to add a challenge. but at the moment, that challenge is more of a frustrating, almost impossible feat. We dont have the mana to power ratio to do it without getting headaches. If flash heal is going to be my just in case heal, and it cost so much mana, then the heal i should be using all the time could at least heal for a bit more. I am not asking blizzard to make healing easy again, but i would like them to at least change the ratio a bit. if my tank is going to have 140k hp, and my heal is going to hit him for 10k, but the boss is going to hit him for 21k it just doesn't make sense.

Please blizzard, please please please make healing enjoyable again.

i originally started healing because i enjoyed the challenge, and i enjoyed being relied on but at the moment all i get, even if the death was not due to something i could change, is people getting angry with me and calling me "fail" when all im doing it the best that i can do. even upping the amount heals hit for by 20% would make me a very happy healer. /beg

think about it blizz?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Upping it 20% would unbalance every single encounter they've designed right now.
How about read:
http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-cataclysm_holy_priest_compendium/
Follow it, especially talent and gearing wise cause you've got some highly misplaced points atm.
Some very good advice there.
Then watch some videos of people healing current content.
Then try again and feel acomplished that you've managed to keep your group up and that it wasn't ridiculously easy and took no preparation gear/talent/rotation wise whatsoever.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/11/2010 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
12/11/2010 1:01 AMPosted by Sedivy
Upping it 20% would unbalance every single encounter they've designed right now.
How about read:
http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-cataclysm_holy_priest_compendium/
Follow it, especially talent and gearing wise cause you've got some highly misplaced points atm.
Some very good advice there.
Then watch some videos of people healing current content.
Then try again and feel acomplished that you've managed to keep your group up and that it wasn't ridiculously easy and took no preparation gear/talent/rotation wise whatsoever.
in my experience over the last three years of playing this game, elitistjerks havent always been the best source of information.

and btw, if you ever think people will listen to what you have to say, you might want to start talking to them like they arent morons. you arent the best thing on the planet, and yea, i bet you arent always right. get over yourself and talk to people like normal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I am talking to you like normal. I have linked to you a very good compendium. I've also told you a very realistic statement which is if you think blizz are going to flush down the toilet months of calculations, preparations, tuning and testing cause you'd like things 20% easier without ever putting in any effort, you're fooling yourself.

You are criticizing one of the most linked/visited theorycrafting sites about not being the best source of information and you're toting 3 points in inner sanctum and not speccing into divine fury which is affecting the cast time of your main bread and butter spell Heal. I'd read first what I've given you (which I have read btw and I'm not linking it to trip you up but to help you) and then worry about my attitude. Who cares what I sound like if it helped you?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2010 12:47 AMPosted by Braunwynn
Ok, to start off, i realize i am not in very good gear and i realize it might become easier as i gear up, but until then it is so challenging i cant even think about trying to gear up.

So healers are a necessity in a 5 man dungeon, without them you die. I understand that in WOTLK healing was a joke, and mind-numbingly easy so blizzard wanted to add a challenge. but at the moment, that challenge is more of a frustrating, almost impossible feat. We dont have the mana to power ratio to do it without getting headaches. If flash heal is going to be my just in case heal, and it cost so much mana, then the heal i should be using all the time could at least heal for a bit more. I am not asking blizzard to make healing easy again, but i would like them to at least change the ratio a bit. if my tank is going to have 140k hp, and my heal is going to hit him for 10k, but the boss is going to hit him for 21k it just doesn't make sense.

Please blizzard, please please please make healing enjoyable again.

i originally started healing because i enjoyed the challenge, and i enjoyed being relied on but at the moment all i get, even if the death was not due to something i could change, is people getting angry with me and calling me "fail" when all im doing it the best that i can do. even upping the amount heals hit for by 20% would make me a very happy healer. /beg

think about it blizz?

Try some of the easier heroics like Vortex Pinnacle and Throne of Tides. They are a bit easier and will get you on your feet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]