Yeap Healers for Broken now

85 Troll Druid
OOM after every pull. Kicked and Cussed out for being a noob healer when i have been healing for over 8 months. I hate not being able to keep the grps up. Make the spells more powerful or drop the mana costs bak down. Its impossible to heal now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No it isn't. If you tank runs in, aoes the entire group and dps follows and then he expects you to keep him up, he'll be sorely disappointed.
CC is back in style. Every single dps should contribute to this.
Focusing on tanks mostly should get your through encounters no problem.
Endless mana pools in wotlk are a thing of the past. You have to learn to conserve and cast appropriately for maximum efficiency. It's a different healing model alltogether. What you learned in wotlk just doesn't apply anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
CC doesnt apply on a boss fight when you run out of mana 7 patch heals into the fight.

OP is spot on, healing is J_A_C_K_E_D U_P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I TOTALY agree. its the same way with shaman healing for me. I go nearly oom on trash pulls and boss fights i just barely make it without going completely oom with no CDs left. I am often the highest I-level person in the groups yet i take the Blame as the "noob who wont top us off" and its impossible... without depleting my mana in the first 15 seconds of a fight. Blizzard, you did not make healing more fun, you made every boss fight a night mare to heal through, and Heroics! forget them! i can barely heal the normal level 85 instances let alone the INSANE heroic damage output.. do something to balance it out. please.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I'd like to start seeing fraps of fights from people claiming to be unable to complete bosses or that healing is screwed up.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Im learning =) use big casts that take about 2 seconds and keep lifebloom up on tank. Then use my alch for 10k mana potions and my innervate pluse whatever heals a dps has and their mana thing(normaly a shadow priest) and your all set to heal a dungeon. Or just two heal it lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can actually CC on a number of bosses. For example on Beauty we hibernate and root two of the dogs and just burn one then the boss.

That aside, mana problems aren't nearly as dire as you make them sound.
Reply Quote
12/11/2010 1:10 AMPosted by Loring
CC doesnt apply on a boss fight when you run out of mana 7 patch heals into the fight.

nice exaggeration.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Healing is rough, no doubt about it, but not impossible and it's getting better everyday as I and everyone else I run with gets gear. If a fight isn't done properly (for example, when learning an encounter) then expect to go OOM, but if done correctly you should be able to keep your group up. It's not just playing whack-a-mole with the health bars anymore, DPS will need to play defensive at times to help the healer out, but heroics are doable.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Mage
Gear for regen. Think about the spells you cast and the mana cost. Dont try to top off dps who sit in fires. There, now you won't run out of mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mabye we go oom for boss fights because the DPS isn't high enough, i've been in groups where everone does around 6k dps but we wipe when the boss is at 10% because I go oom.

DPS needs to learn that our mana pool is an enrage timer.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Cant even heal a tank in a lvl 84 dungeon on a trash pull wiped 8 times and give up!!! DIDN"T even get too a boss.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 1:07 AMPosted by Sedivy
No it isn't. If you tank runs in, aoes the entire group and dps follows and then he expects you to keep him up, he'll be sorely disappointed.
CC is back in style. Every single dps should contribute to this.
Focusing on tanks mostly should get your through encounters no problem.
Endless mana pools in wotlk are a thing of the past. You have to learn to conserve and cast appropriately for maximum efficiency. It's a different healing model alltogether. What you learned in wotlk just doesn't apply anymore.

Here's the problem: Why is it the healers job to tell the group how to play? On my 85 Druid I try telling groups to do that and I get "we're alive, arent we?" while I give myself carpal tunnel trying to keep them up. It's not fun, and it's not my job to be the guy that tells the group what to do. I'm all for making healing for difficult, but I am going OOM after every fight regardless of how good I am something is wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
And i didnt go oom but would have if i could have been able to keep the tank up and we would still wipe is impossible now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Usually if I get the "I'm alive, aren't I?" I just let them die the next few times. They can then either rage at me and leave/try to kick me, or they can smarten up and start getting out of Void zones/Fire/*insert HUGE visible AoE damaging spell here*.

OT: I've found that the first time I've ever been into a instance, I OOM pretty quick on bosses/trash I've never done before. Now, doing Heroic Stonecore for the 2nd time, I havent OOM'd on any of the bosses, save Orzuk (sp? The big Earth Elemental type guy) cause of a feral DPS that didnt want to run away.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Here's the problem: Why is it the healers job to tell the group how to play? On my 85 Druid I try telling groups to do that and I get "we're alive, arent we?" while I give myself carpal tunnel trying to keep them up. It's not fun, and it's not my job to be the guy that tells the group what to do. I'm all for making healing for difficult, but I am going OOM after every fight regardless of how good I am something is wrong.

Because healers serve as a current soft enrage timer for most encounters. Healer mana is the limiting factor. Since this is day and night difference from wrath, if your group is not aware of this, you gotta educate them.

Carpal Tunnel was wrath. Spam spam spam cause half a second late and tank dies. This is a lot more strategizing and slow heal play.

Well then maybe they can start by giving everyone CC then.

Very few classes/spec don't have some sort of cc at this point in wow.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Who needs a healer with a Blood DK!

But seriously, stop spamming Flash of Light/Flash Heal/Nourish also, get used to learning how to heal and itemize your gear again, you don't have to top off everyone, just the ones taking damage, topping people off is for encounters with regular AOE damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 1:10 AMPosted by Loring

If you're OOM in 7 heals, then you need to L2P.

Healing is fine IMO. They made it more of a challenge, and I like it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]