OOM OOM OOM OOM Impossible!!!

85 Troll Druid
Healing is impossible now. Wipe after wipe. Run out of mana and the grp goes down. Been kicked so many times with them calling me a fail healer and cussed and kicked.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
totally agree and im not gonna play until they hotfix the mana costs and lower them by atleast 50%
Edited by Feralbear on 12/11/2010 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You really enjoy making doom and gloom threads don't you? All this time making threads could maybe be better spent finding how to play your class better and organizing guild runs with good groups. Healing is not broken, merely the way you are playing is.
Edited by Amberlamps on 12/11/2010 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Its fine.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think it's pretty bad myself.

Granted if the group is smart, uses CC and actually puts themselves into a Cataclysm mind set and not a Wrath of the Lich King "AoE every single instance down and the tank automatically holds aggro" than it's pretty simple.

But I do agree with Stephenll, groups have no patience and I've been kicked two or three times now because the DPS insists on being incredibly careless... getting themselves killed and than blaming me and somehow getting the rest of the group to side with them that it's my fault.

It's very frustrating.

I also would like to point out:

In 4 Levels, 80-84 I have lost the following.
9% Spell Haste
480 MP5
20% Crit Rating

I have GAINED about 22,000 mana and roughly 2000 spell power

The only issue is my spells literally cost on average 1500 mana more than they did at 80.
I mean my largest heals aimed to deal with mass damage cost nearly 6,000 mana.

I just seem incredibly underpowered and outmatched for what even a simple pack of trash mobs is doing to my group.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 3:05 AMPosted by Bizzix
The thing I dont understand is at 80-81 I was healing dungeons fine. At 82 I noticed Id use about half my mana sometimes. At 83 it got to be a real issue. At 84, doing the SAME DUNGEONS that I did at 81, I am going oom, with better gear....WTF?

Time to start changing how you heal. Getting your group to CC trash doesn't hurt, either.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 3:05 AMPosted by Bizzix
The thing I dont understand is at 80-81 I was healing dungeons fine. At 82 I noticed Id use about half my mana sometimes. At 83 it got to be a real issue. At 84, doing the SAME DUNGEONS that I did at 81, I am going oom, with better gear....WTF?

They have to basically reset you as a character in 5 levels. Does it suck? yes. Is it necessary? yes.

Once you forget everything you thought you knew about healing and really dig into how it works currently, you won't understand. Don't think of it as getting nerfed, but getting a fresh start on a new expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/11/2010 1:40 AMPosted by Stephenll
Healing is impossible now. Wipe after wipe. Run out of mana and the grp goes down. Been kicked so many times with them calling me a fail healer and cussed and kicked.

Okay so you're going OOM fast, what spells are you typically using? Alot has changed from WoTLK -> Cataclysm as far as what druids commonly use now vs what we've used previously in WoTLK, as you can tell. Before it was WG and Rejuvenation, now it's more so, Lifebloom and Nourish (imo).

I can already see that you do not have Malfurion's Gift nor' Naturalist, which may be of help (of course, this is personal preference but it should make it a little easier). Keeping track of Omen of Clarity procs so you can use our more expensive spells (Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Regrowth) helps too.

In a typical run (assuming your group is making use of CC too), it's usually 3 stacks of Lifebloom onto your tank, while using Nourish (because of Empowered Touch)...

http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/3-healing-part-3
^More info there and in better detail, hopefully it'll help ya out a bit.

Edit: Though I do sort of agree our mana feels a little off atm, it's doable once people get the hang of things... but I can see it being really tough for PUGS/LFD groups. It's always a mess when (newer) players have to learn backwards (ie: it was easy in WoTLK, now it's back to CC'ing/"hard" just like vanilla).
Edited by Mayumi on 12/11/2010 3:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Totally agree...I go thru every cooldown I have and more trying to keep people up on trash let alone the boss. Even using CC's and small pulls properly...I have to stop and get mana EVERY SINGLE TIME. Even if it's only 1 or 2 pieces of trash. I find myself wondering if Blizz wants healers anymore, bc it's making several quit or want to quit. I have tried many different methods, spells, etc. Bottom line is I have over 81k mana and blow thru it trying to keep people at even half health (what am I? a desert?!!!)...and god forbid I get a tank with 155k health...my heals dont even budge him!! I say WTF as well...I really hope this gets fixed or we're going to see a HUGE shortage of healers for anything!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Hi. I'm a Death Knight tank.

You know, unless I'm actually DYING IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES, I don't need a wall of heals designed to overheal me. Just keep me at around 60-75%, and I'll heal myself.

I told a druid on the first boss of heroic Stonecore to ONLY heal me with rejuvenation. He used swiftmend as well for the floor aura (floura, flora, get it?). I didn't go below 50%.

Seriously. Try it. Don't overheal. You probably are. DPS don't need to be OH MY GOD FULL HP AT ALL TIMES OR CRAP HEALER. Neither does the tank. They can learn to GTFO AoE.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 3:20 AMPosted by Dreggon

You know, unless I'm actually DYING IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES, I don't need a wall of heals designed to overheal me. Just keep me at around 60-75%, and I'll heal myself.

I told a druid on the first boss of heroic Stonecore to ONLY heal me with rejuvenation. He used swiftmend as well for the floor aura (floura, flora, get it?). I didn't go below 50%.

Seriously. Try it. Don't overheal. You probably are. DPS don't need to be OH MY GOD FULL HP AT ALL TIMES OR CRAP HEALER. Neither does the tank. They can learn to GTFO AoE.

I like you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/11/2010 3:23 AMPosted by Amberlamps
12/11/2010 3:20 AMPosted by Dreggon

I like you.

Me too.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
@Dreggon
If only everyone had that mentality, we'd be much better off. You win my approval!

Cata has brought a massive paradigm shift, so large that we're seeing healers actually quit the role. The first couple of dungeons I did when it got differerent (not harder) I nearly jumped off a cliff. I was ooming every single pull, if we actually made it through the pull.

On the last boss of Lost City of the Tol'vir, a few times we would end the fight all with under 10% health, and me having oomed once, blown every single mana CD I could, and oomed again.

My early fail was due to two reasons:
    ~I was using flash heal too often (I don't even use it at all anymore).
    ~I wasn't making use of all of my spells.

I now use prayer of healing, greater heal and even binding heal on a regular basis, for example. No longer do I keep expensive spells on CD (like prayer of mending), or have renews rolling on all targets (because it costs 5% mana >.< ).

Adaptation to this new method is vital!

Very recently I've only been drinking before boss fights or after large/bad pulls. Honestly I think this change is a good thing, once we get over all the issues that surround it; of which there are so many areas of this to discuss.

One major change is that we now hold no responsibility over baddies. If people stand in the fire, they will probably die. Our heals won't be able to save them unless we spam inefficient heals, which will oom us and lead to a wipe in most cases.

If a tank can't hold aggro, and breaks the CC, people will probably die and may result in a wipe.

If people don't learn to actually use CC (aswell as not break it), people will die, and probably lead to a wipe.

The cultists before Cata were right, it is the end of the world!

Atleast the queue times are shorter for me >:D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2010 2:39 AMPosted by Hingis
Few pulls can be healed using the slower efficient heals we're suppose to be using, so I'm OOM after pretty much every pull and chugging pots like there's no tomorrow. It's very, very stressful.

There's a difference between healing classes. Paladins are the winners so far. No surprise there. Not only don't paladins run out of mana but now they have every kind of heal. The rest of us are struggling. So pally healers come on these boards and claim that healing is ok. Well it is, for pallys.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
12/11/2010 3:27 AMPosted by Sparklehorse
12/11/2010 3:23 AMPosted by Amberlamps
[quote="14063572307"]Hi. I'm a Death Knight tank.

I like you.

Me too.[/quote]

One internet cookie for you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]