Still selecting healer role?

Was wondering with the crazy changes to the healing system of druids, shamans, priests and paladins. Are people still using the dungeon finding system and selecting the healer role?

A lot of people know now that without planning which include CC'ing and careful pulling you are faced with a wipe. Having to explain with each random that healing isn't the same and having a wipe and then getting the all too well known comments of "do your job" "heal please" and so forth is annoying as hell.

Personally i've been finding myself just sticking to healing instances with guild members, people i know that won't get carried away with all these big buffs to their dps and tank abilities.

What does everyone else think? still going to go into randoms and picking healer role to find out that your group will wipe on stupid mistakes and blame you for it?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
In my battlegroup, waits for both ordinary and heroic dungeons are about 45 minutes for dps, 15 minutes for healers, and instant for tanks. I think there's still a lot of people picking "heal" compared to "tank".

Incidentally, I just ward off the cries with "I think we should use cc on this pull". "It would be helpful if someone could sheep the {moon}." or "This pull is going to hurt a lot, could we please sap {star} and trap {square}?"

Of course, no one's listening yet. But they're dying. And then after they die I remind them "I think that would have been a lot easier if we used crowd control. These dungeons were designed to do that." And nobody yells at me.
Edited by Tiraslin on 12/11/2010 4:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]