New Healing Model is...

100 Blood Elf Priest
Remember in Trial of the Crusader where you needed to keep the tank to full, while healing debuffs of Penetrating Cold on random DPS while not topping everyone off but instead keeping them near 40% so Anub'arak could not leech everyone's health?

That's what I believe the healing model is at the moment. The fight most healers hated because it did not feel right to keep everyone at less than half health and in some cases people died from debuffs. I did Heroic Blackrock Caverns where the Forgemaster does an AoE to the raid and then summons adds meanwhile the tank takes massive damage. It was pretty much like Anub'arak because I could not afford to keep everyone above 50% or the tank would suffer and die from me being oom.

Once I found out how to heal this way as Discipline it seemed enjoyable for a while but what bothers me is if anyone takes too much damage or the tank does not understand the mechanics we will end up at the graveyard along with everyone else. There should at least be a repair cost reduction for healers using the Looking for Dungeon tool or something.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I did this exact fight this morning while my coffee was being made (people were nice enough to just have me heal him for a chance at the mace). No mace though.

You will hate me for this, but it isn't a tough fight. You shouldn't be Disc right now by any means, and definitely not on an AoE fight. Go Holy, enter Chakra: Sanc -> PoH -> HW: Sanc -> CoH and then PoM and whatever the tank needs, which won't be much. That's a lot of burst, and then you can sit and regen a bit.

When you go Holy your in-combat regen is going to spike, making things a bit easier. Just run Inner Will, time your crappy Evocate so you pop it when your Fiend is out (any bit of extra mana helps) and you will be okay.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 7:57 AMPosted by Cyntox
I did this exact fight this morning while my coffee was being made (people were nice enough to just have me heal him for a chance at the mace). No mace though.

You will hate me for this, but it isn't a tough fight. You shouldn't be Disc right now by any means, and definitely not on an AoE fight. Go Holy, enter Chakra: Sanc -> PoH -> HW: Sanc -> CoH and then PoM and whatever the tank needs, which won't be much. That's a lot of burst, and then you can sit and regen a bit.

When you go Holy your in-combat regen is going to spike, making things a bit easier. Just run Inner Will, time your crappy Evocate so you pop it when your Fiend is out (any bit of extra mana helps) and you will be okay.

There's 1 huge mistake you made here though, if you use Prayer of healing and enter the Chakra state of Sanctuary then what would you do when the lava spawns from the adds on Heroic Mode? In addition, it is not viable to use Hymn of Hope every boss fight because of movement. Discipline just feels better for me and as of now I feel it even does better at AoE heal fights because of the new Holy Nova, hasted Prayer of Healings and shields which temporarily give you reaction time (since we lost massive amounts of haste)

We actually did the achievement "Too Hot to Handle" because we were zerging him down in a random group. I also don't see you have the achievement for Heroic Blackrock Caverns so I do not believe you and I are speaking about the same fight mechanics. Although your gear is slightly better. For healing you have to use "Heal" repetitively or you will not have mana to deal with damage spikes and something Holy spec is bad at is dealing with damage spikes unless you count Guardian Spirit or Spirit of Redemption (when you purposely die to save the group).

Funny most people say to just go "Holy" but I play Discipline and Holy well enough to do both, I just prefer Discipline with the new Weakened Soul debuff reduction while spamming Heal. The only thing that does not work well in Discipline spec during heroic dungeons is the Archangel because the heal can technically go to even a pet or a temporary guardian or even a melee when you wanted it to go to a tank.
Edited by Sacredscythe on 12/11/2010 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]