Prot. leveling?

63 Orc Death Knight
Hey all, I'm still fairly new to WoW, I left not long after WotLK came out with a 56 Druid. I came back with Cata.

I know there's a lot of hubub going on about Paladins at the moment, but I still like the idea.

I rolled a Worgen Warrior, and while I like it, I want to get into dungeons quicker. >.o

So I want to roll a Paladin to tank, but I was wondering if it will be NOTICEABLY harder to level.

Any input or suggestions for a guy who wants to get through leveling smoothly, but also wants to do low level dungeons for fun/gear?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
From my experience I've found it to be just fine for leveling. You do kill things a little slower than Ret, but at the same time you don't take as much damage so its less downtime.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As far as with the recent expansion I'm not sure. But when I leveled my Paladin originally I leveled Prot most of the entire way and didn't do any instances really.

While I would try Prot now, Holy is my main spec so I chose Ret that way I could just level and have fun just beating stuff up in BG's

I would say just try it out! and have fun with AoE where you can grab 4-5 mobs at a time and take em down.

Ret burns through mana fairly fast so there is quite a bit of down time.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]