Having fun yet?

85 Night Elf Druid
Is anyone honestly having fun healing? Maybe I should just respec. I've been resto since vanilla but maybe its finally time I respec to another spec. I am incredibly sad to see the state resto druids are in and other healers as well (I also have a holy priest). I loved the idea of triage but going oom on a flip of a hat wasn't fun when I raided MC and its not fun now.

For those of you who are having fun, did you play in vanilla? Do you honestly enjoy drinking after each pull? If you do you must make up the sadistic population of healers....

Something has to be done or we are gonna see a lot less healers...wait...what does that remind me of? Oh yeah vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I guess they do enjoy drinking after EVERY pull. Gaga
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Damn phone. I meant haha
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I honestly do have fun healing. If you have a group that knows how to CC and knows how to mitigate damage, you don't go OOM nearly as much. I suggest running with a premade group if possible, since heroics are pretty much hardmodes now, and nothing to laugh at.

Druid healing is more difficult, since no longer we can spam regrowth and rejuvination. It's important to have Lifebloom on the tank at all times and using expensive heals when you have clearcasting.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Second this. Blizzard stop dictating the meaning of fun to your customers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am enjoying healing quite a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I had a wonderful time until I tried Heroic Stonecore. Now I'm probably going to go level my Shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 12:41 PMPosted by Dryuga
You can sure tell which healing classes are struggling and which are not.

And to the druid who is fine: do you like the "3 lifeblooms and a life of nourish spam" healing style? I'm having a very hard time adjusting to it. It reminds me too much of Vanilla, where I spent my life spamming downranked healing touch for an entire instance.

I play all five specs. I played all five specs on Beta. Just because I post on a paladin doesn't mean it's all I play, stop being so thick.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not enjoying resto healing at all. I heal normals, go boomkin for heroics.

Druids are healers that use hots -- yet Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, has decided we shouldn't be hotting. It costs too much to cast. Now we have wimpy nourish and expensive healing touch - both with long cast times.

The way I see it, we should give a big F You to all the rejuv junkies that made blizzard look at us as nothing but a spec that pushed one button. I've always used all my spells - depending on the situation - to get a group through a run. Now, I'm oom after every pull. People don't understand CC and while I can heal through it on normals and just have to sit and drink, there's no way in hell you can do it on heroic. I dps then, because I know my pathetic little heals aren't going to cut it.

It really just pisses me off that every other healing class got pretty much reworked from the ground up -- and the trees got chopped and burned.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing is really only fun when you're running with a competent group. Of course, one could argue that most of the people complaining about how healing is abysmal could be incompetent themselves, so there's two sides to that coin as well.

For me personally I've found healing to be challenging (although nowhere near the level of impossibility purported on the forums) but extremely rewarding to master. Once you've figured out how to heal with your class in many different situations and have some basic heroic gear to work off of, the stress of healing becomes almost nonexistent IMO. However, it is not your responsibility to carry rambo tanks and DPS that don't utilize CC and/or supportive abilities to victory. If you encounter a group that exhibits these qualities, I suggest that you LEAVE and search for a more competent group to run with on a consistent basis (which you'll have to do in raids anyway). If your own guildies are giving you trouble, you might want to educate them on how your role is supposed to interact with your group's composition, and perhaps even research THEIR classes and give them tips to make not only your grouping experience better, but everyone else's as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/11/2010 12:31 PMPosted by Sunarra

Who would of guessed this OP Pally Healers Loving Healing

Pally = Blizzards Baby
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

Me as well. Priest's need to quit whining if they are holy and learn how to use the right spells. Disc on the other hand.....
Edited by Mèdic on 12/11/2010 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

I am now, too. Once I got some gear. My ilvl is at 342 now, and Drinking after trash is becoming a rarity.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]