Invisible Mouse cursor

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So my problem is that I can't see my mouse cursor. I can click on things and all that, but I don't see the hand that floats around. Well, I do see it. But the problem is it doesn't move. I can be hovering over an item in my bags and the hand will be hovering over my retribution aura.

The cursor still works but I can't see it.

Also it seems that when I play World of Warcraft, is the only time it happens.

Please help, it is making playing the game very complicated and annoying :*(
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I suspect you are running with "make text and other items larger or smaller" on your display settings, as I am, which is what causes me this exact same problem.

Turn if off, and wow mouse cursor works again. But the problem is, I don't WANT to turn it off!

Blizzard?

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Sengoku,

If you use Windows 7,

1. Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Screen Resolution
2. Click on Make text and other items larger or smaller
3. Change the size of text to Smaller - 100% (default)
4. Apply, click on Log off now and restart

Feel free to rate my services at the following link: https://www.surveymk.com/s/T8S7BX2
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
but the problem is.... i wish to keep the text settings at large 150%, so my screen can have a higher resolution and i will be able to actually read what's in front of me :P if i put it to smaller 100%, i have to put my resolution to 1176 x 664... which is an outrage when i can just have it at 1768 x 992 with large 150% text settings... but once again, the wow cursor stays in one spot and i can't see where my mouse actually is in game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Go to advance setting in wow then go to hardware cursor and hit disable should work
Reply Quote
75 Night Elf Druid
04/23/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Darkdeathk
Go to advance setting in wow then go to hardware cursor and hit disable should work

You're a good man, you posted this like 6 months after the topic was made, but it was incredibly useful and it works! I was having the same problem as the OP, googled it, and found this thread, so thank you very much, kind sir!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Worked like a charm :D
Reply Quote
74 Tauren Shaman
wow, i have been trying to fix this same problem for god knows how long! Thank u so much! this totallly worked!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Thanks so much for the thread...so this has become an incredibly frustrating issue for me while playing on my laptop...at times when I log in I'm able to see my cursor, but most of the times I cannot; it's invisible but I am able to see what is highlighted and can left click options while playing...during the times when I'm able to see it, if I hit the Windows Key in order to look up something on the internet, I will always lose my cursor after returning to the game...so disabling my hardware cursor made my cursor reappear, however, now my cursor is so erratic it's almost as bad as not being able to see it at all...I've played with the mouse settings within the game's Interface Window, but it doesnt help...how do I slow my cursor down and regain control, yet still be able to see it?
Edited by Hadesgrin on 11/18/2012 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't waste your time trying to adjust screen size, font size, text size, or anything else's size, because they just keep cutting and pasting the same stuff as the solution.

HERE's what you need to do to make it visible:

For Windows 7:

CONTROL PANEL
MOUSE
POINTER OPTIONS
TURN OFF THE TRAIL AND CLICK OK.
THIS WILL FIX THE INVISIBLE CURSOR.
Reply Quote
Don't waste your time trying to adjust screen size, font size, text size, or anything else's size, because they just keep cutting and pasting the same stuff as the solution.

HERE's what you need to do to make it visible:

For Windows 7:

CONTROL PANEL
MOUSE
POINTER OPTIONS
TURN OFF THE TRAIL AND CLICK OK.
THIS WILL FIX THE INVISIBLE CURSOR.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Paladin
Treewatcher,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This was SO (wish I could swear) annoying. I thought my mouse was out of date, but finally got fed up and found this thread. Now I can toggle between my internet window and in-game window w/o losing my cursor and I dont have to start the game 90 times to get a cursor to show (Although I've become a master at "blind" mouse control. I have even ran dungeons like this). Couldn't be more relieved. Again Thank you.

--M Slebzak

p.s. thank you
Edited by Kazbels on 6/21/2014 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Druid
YES!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]