Just druids? or every Healer?

85 Tauren Druid
I'll start off by saying that I started the game at the tail end of BC right after Black Temple patch was release, by the time I got my druid to 70, everyone was so geared, I could 1 heal Karazhan. I leveled as a healer in Wrath 70-Naxx and Decided to go tank, and eventually feral dps. Now I'm trying to go back to Resto and it feels like a bad joke.

My average iLvL is 327, so I'm still gearing for heroics. Witch means Grim batol, Halls of Orig and Lost City. Lost city is actually the easiest of all of them, where I can keep tank and dps up no problem as long as they don't linger in aoe. Halls of Origination is killing me. We Hunter block/sap 1, and Sheep/Hex another and with all 4 of my HoTs spamming Nourish or HT I just can't keep the tank alive on the first 3 trash pulls.

I was wondering if this is just me having this problem, Druids in general, or all healers?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 4:47 PMPosted by Shyight
Healers are currently broken and many people I know have already left because of it, though I hear Paladin are not having too many issues. In a usual fight where a Priest, Shaman or Druid would be OOM, a Paladin is at 80-90% mana.

This could not be further from the truth. Healing is not broken, I have had 0 issues thus far with healing and think certain heroics are too easy at the moment. Just read up on some forums to get your glyphs, gems, specs and stat weights down so you know what to gear for and it'll be a breeze provided you have 1-2 CC for dungeons.

Edit: You count as a CC, root melee mobs/hibernate dragonkins and beasts. :)
Edited by Brotemis on 12/12/2010 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I've healed all of them and as i druid i rarely use rejuvenation. Healing is so much different than 80 in Wotlk.

Generally, this is what i do in heroics: x3 Lifebloom on the tank. Then Spam nourish. I don't use Healing touch or regrowth unless i get a clearcasting proc from Omen of Clarity.

There are exceptions however when the tank could potentially die. But you always want 3 lifeblooms on the tank and Nourish refreshes it. I cast WG on the party when there are numerous people taking AoE. If the dps are getting hit to the point where you are spaming regrowth/popping all ur cd's to keep them up, either someone isn't cc'ing or interupting certain spells etc and it isn't ur fault. Mana is a big issue atm, but you should be alright if you don't spam regrowth, rejuv or wildgrowth.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Druids seem to have a few issues:

- At 80 regrowth was lame compared to other healers, so I'm sure that hasn't changed.

- Wild Growth seems to heal for insignificant amounts

- Dubious mastery bonus especially in multi-target healing situations

12/12/2010 4:51 PMPosted by Brotemis
Posted by Shyight
Healers are currently broken and many people I know have already left because of it, though I hear Paladin are not having too many issues. In a usual fight where a Priest, Shaman or Druid would be OOM, a Paladin is at 80-90% mana.

This could not be further from the truth. Healing is not broken, I have had 0 issues thus far with healing and think certain heroics are too easy at the moment. Just read up on some forums to get your glyphs, gems, specs and stat weights down so you know what to gear for and it'll be a breeze provided you have 1-2 CC for dungeons.

Edit: You count as a CC, root melee mobs/hibernate dragonkins and beasts. :)

Healers are broken if a level 80 healer can heal better than a level 85 healer.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I totally forgot about roots, tbh, as a tank i didn't get many chances to use it. I'll start using it more, as well as Cyclone x3 every time it's convenient.

In the latter example HoO, the tank is dead < 10 sec. so 3x LB, WG, Reg, Rej and 1 Nourish/HT and he's dead. Unless i just got terrible tanks, something else is wrong and i'll have to look at the mob abilities next.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 5:03 PMPosted by Phylum

/agree
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Oh? I'd like to see a level 80 healer continue to heal everybody after getting hit by AoE for 40k. Wonder who's better at that point... :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I'd say that healers aren't broken in the sense of "Is it possible to heal?" because it most certainly is possible to heal an instance, even as a Druid.

However, they are most certainly however broken in the sense of being too tedious to heal. Poor scaling, and low raw numbers-to-mana ratios are the root of that problem. Particularly with Druids.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This is probably not interrupting the shadow ae, or removing the magic buff from the fireball add - and not a whole lot to do with class.
Edited by Laurelle on 12/12/2010 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 5:12 PMPosted by Brotemis
Oh? I'd like to see a level 80 healer continue to heal everybody after getting hit by AoE for 40k. Wonder who's better at that point... :)

/facepalm
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 5:18 PMPosted by Shyight
I do my job better than anyone. If I deem the game unplayable, then it truly is unplayable.

Dear troll: After extensive research (saw a post in another thread by this holy priest) it would appear to me that you are not doing your job better than anyone.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/nysem/advanced

There are plenty succeeding where you have failed, you just need to stop playing like this is WotLK. No more flash heal spam, bro.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I would say that healing itself isn't broken, it just isn't fun to be honest.

As of right now in my opinion, there will be some kind of hotfix or something that will make healing more efficient, they might tweak some of the mana costs on spells to make things a tad easier, which i hope for, But i certainly don't want to go back to Wotlk healing either.

As of right now, from a druid prospective, healing heroics isn't easy but it isn't impossible. You have to get used to the change in playstyle and use all of ur abilities at the right time, in addition to having a tank and dps that know what the hell they are doing. Having a good tank and dps that cc, along with knowing the fights etc help ALOT. Healing isn't broken, it just isn't fun.

If they don't do anything and keep the model the way it is, we'll just have to wait til gear scales a bit before things improve.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 5:09 PMPosted by Mortaneous

/agree

Yep :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2010 5:39 PMPosted by Astrii
If they don't do anything and keep the model the way it is, we'll just have to wait til gear scales a bit before things improve.

You really want to wait for this knowing Blizzard's track record for scaling? :p
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
With all the people complaining, Blizz will do something or the people who dislike the new model with reroll dps, as many already have done. I'm suspecting that there will be a patch or hotfix to adress some of the healing issues, but if they don't...(Because Ghostcrawler was telling the wow community that they wanted to change healing from wrath)...then what? ...We wait...right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have healed in every single MMO I have ever played, and I do my job better than anyone. If I deem the game unplayable, then it truly is unplayable.

Troll.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
WotLK was so easy it reduced everyone's tolerances for challenge to zero. Whereas I came back from BC for cata and played the tail end of WotLK and almost quit because it was so boring. Now I'm actually having fun as a healer since I get to use more than rejuv and lifebloom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]