Hey QQer's, How's Your Gear?

85 Night Elf Druid
STOP!

Ok, before you go and post the 1,000th QQ post of the day about this game being too hard - how's your gear?

If any of the following pertain to you, please do not post, rather wait a week or two for better gear:

- Are you in any greens?

- Is your spirit below 2000?

- Have you equipped any Justice Point gear?

- Are you still in ICC gear?!! (you know who you are)

- Are you bringing flasks, food, and potions to every boss fight?

Let me reiterate: if any of the above bullet points sounds like you, please do not post until you have the gear.
Edited by Epicmedic on 12/12/2010 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I haven't seen a single QQ post in this forum about the game being too hard. The posts are about the problems healers are facing.

Learn reading comprehension and get your facts straight before attempting to troll.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This is a good point. I was really flipping out about the changes until I realized that I'm still in quest greens and both trinkets are still from lvl 80. It's tough to take a step back and realize that you're not way overgeared and that heroics now are infinitely tougher than they were in WotLK. It's almost instinct to want to dive right into Heroics, but I myself am going to farm some more regs and give it another go.

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I can't comment on the state of healing for myself being 80 on all healers, 20 on one, but I've gotten that one of the main reasons the new healing style isn't liked is because it seems like the heals are particularly weak. Some people have made that pretty clear repeatedly. Yes I understand it's not always about the numbers but I can totally see how someone can just have trouble with none of the heals not feeling particularly strong in comparison to people's health and not making a dent.

Again, I haven't experienced it and I may turn out to be a new healing style lovebot, but I can't say their reasons for disliking the system is invalid even if I disagree with any points. I understand how a bit of resent and jealousy can arise when most (if not all?) dps seem to get better candy as they level and healers mostly feel like their candy is being snatched away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dude, puh-leeeeze. Don't come up in here talking like you are so certain a little boost in gear can change anything. It makes me sick to see people with average item levels such as yours talk like they know it all.

The heals are messed up. Period. Unless you can get all the good stuff and heal a dungeon without having to drink after every single pull and your "Heal" spell is actually healing well enough that you don't have to frequently use flash heal and/or greater heal and you can make a video of it, don't talk.

If it's working out fine for you, kudos. Speak for yourself, brah!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 5:44 PMPosted by Anorii
Dude, puh-leeeeze. Don't come up in here talking like you are so certain a little boost in gear can change anything. It makes me sick to see people with average item levels such as yours talk like they know it all.

The heals are messed up. Period. Unless you can get all the good stuff and heal a dungeon without having to drink after every single pull and your "Heal" spell is actually healing well enough that you don't have to frequently use flash heal and/or greater heal and you can make a video of it, don't talk.

That's a terrible argument; heals aren't messed up, it's the player behind the heals that are messed up. There's nothing wrong with drinking after every pull. Players like you are just too catered to WotLK and in the end it will show. People can definitely pull a group without having to drink. Learn to CC mobs and not hit mobs your tank is not attacking, this will definitely help your mana. If you don't like drinking then don't roll a mana based class.

I even looked into your armory your gear's not even enchanted or gemmed. How are you going to complain when you don't even want to spend the time and effort into bettering your own character.
Edited by Porkzqt on 12/12/2010 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 5:57 PMPosted by Porkzqt
12/12/2010 5:44 PMPosted by Anorii

That's a terrible argument; heals aren't messed up, it's the player behind the heals that are messed up. There's nothing wrong with drinking after every pull. Players like you are just too catered to WotLK and in the end it will show. People can definitely pull a group without having to drink. Learn to CC mobs and not hit mobs your tank is not attacking, this will definitely help your mana. If you don't like drinking then don't roll a mana based class.

I even looked into your armory your gear's not even enchanted or gemmed. How are you going to complain when you don't even want to spend the time and effort into bettering your own character.

Didn't even bother reading. Whatever!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Yup that's what I would say if I was terrible.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
12/12/2010 5:22 PMPosted by Epicmedic
STOP!

Ok, before you go and post the 1,000th QQ post of the day about this game being too hard - how's your gear?

If any of the following pertain to you, please do not post, rather wait a week or two for better gear:

- Are you still in ICC gear?!! (you know who you are)

Whoa. Hey now. My ICC gear is still better than a majority of the quest gear being tossed at me, and is even better than some of the blues I find along the way. Of course, I'm also not one of the ones complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't have amazing gear.
My class has balance problems.

These are separate issues.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:06 PMPosted by Sinter
Whoa. Hey now. My ICC gear is still better than a majority of the quest gear being tossed at me, and is even better than some of the blues I find along the way. Of course, I'm also not one of the ones complaining.

That's why you run regular instances so you can actually heal heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Learn to CC mobs and not hit mobs your tank is not attacking, this will definitely help your mana.

So... basically learn to somehow control what the DPS is doing? You can inform and encourage people to do things, but don't pretend like people will do things if they don't care to. It isn't a healers fault if a tank or DPS does something idiotic. All we can control are our own actions.

Don't get me wrong -- I think most of the QQ on these boards is premature. But that argument is just plain stupid.
Edited by Zalzihar on 12/12/2010 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Agreed 100% with OP. I absolutely love that the game takes a bit of thought, planning and research to be successful at. If you put the effort in, it is doable. People need to understand that heroics are only one tier step below end game raiding right now. Was anybody taking 4.5k GS players without enchants or proper gems with them to ICC a month ago? That's the equivalent to what everybody is complaining about.
Heroics are a legitimate part of the PvE experience right now, and should present difficulty when characters aren't geared, gemmed, enchanted and reforged properly for them. The game is about 100000x better right now than WRATH ever was in my opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 5:57 PMPosted by Porkzqt

Yes, because only pros should be able to heal.
Casuals should be forced to DPS because they can't enjoy the game as a healer.
It doesn't matter how much I tell people to CC, they end up messing it up in the end.
Then it's my fault if anyone dies, it's extremely frustrating.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:18 PMPosted by Flauntt
Agreed 100% with OP. I absolutely love that the game takes a bit of thought, planning and research to be successful at. If you put the effort in, it is doable. People need to understand that heroics are only one tier step below end game raiding right now. Was anybody taking 4.5k GS players without enchants or proper gems with them to ICC a month ago? That's the equivalent to what everybody is complaining about.
Heroics are a legitimate part of the PvE experience right now, and should present difficulty when characters aren't geared, gemmed, enchanted and reforged properly for them. The game is about 100000x better right now than WRATH ever was in my opinion.

Get to 85, and try heroics.
Then speak.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
People are not QQing at all. They are saying that healing heroics is a pain because of being OOM. You can NOT go into heroics in ICC Gear. You can't Q for them until you hold the item level of doing every single REG dungeon available to you. So please, before you think you have a solution know some facts.

Because people fail to CC or mess up, thats the healers fault right? We are the ones who should have to take the blame for someone elses screw up and thats what happens when we wipe or something goes wrong because someone doesnt do their job the right way.

Thats NOT how things should be, this game should be ENJOYABLE not stressful because you have people barking down your neck thinking you should be superman and no one should die.

And oh lets just vote them out, okay lets VOTE vote vote. Ya thats going to fix things and considering they put a limit on voting people out. Thats a poor way to solve the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here's the problem:

<30 seconds into the fight>
DPS: *stands in fire until nearly dead*
Healer: *heals DPS* OUT OF THE DAMN FIRE!
DPS: *moves* sorry!

<2 minutes into the fight>
Healer: OOM!
Party: *wipes*
Party: WTF, fail heals
Party: *vote kicks healer*
Healer: ...........
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 6:37 PMPosted by Sevzi
Here's the problem:

<30 seconds into the fight>
DPS: *stands in fire until nearly dead*
Healer: *heals DPS* OUT OF THE DAMN FIRE!
DPS: *moves* sorry!

<2 minutes into the fight>
Healer: OOM!
Party: *wipes*
Party: WTF, fail heals
Party: *vote kicks healer*
Healer: ...........

There's the problem.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
healing is fine. have yet to go below 50% mana in any heroic trash/boss fight with my group so far. The reason healing is hard for some is because dps stand in stuff, tanks dont use cds, and healers havent learned their new rotations. The new healing isn't about topping everyone off, it's about stabilizing heath bars then gradually taking them back to full.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]