Dammit I thought it was HAMMERTIME for a second :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 6:51 PMPosted by Outiluke
12/12/2010 6:37 PMPosted by Sevzi
Here's the problem:

<30 seconds into the fight>
DPS: *stands in fire until nearly dead*
Healer: *heals DPS* OUT OF THE DAMN FIRE!
DPS: *moves* sorry!

<2 minutes into the fight>
Healer: OOM!
Party: *wipes*
Party: WTF, fail heals
Party: *vote kicks healer*
Healer: ...........

There's the problem.

So, it would go something like this, then?

Healer: *doesn't heal DPS* don't stand in the fire
Party: WTF, do your job *kicks healer*
Healer: ......
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
hes not trolling. hes right. and even if hes trolling. hes still right.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I've actually met some pretty geared healers that oom after 2 minutes. These aren't the greens with a few ICC, these healers are in full 333 gear. Which also bring up the question, do we kick the healer because he isn't geared enough? Is that your solution?

Also logically speaking....

A tank can do his job in 333 gear
A dps can do his role in 333 gear
A healer may not be able to do his role in 333 gear

Additionally do not go comparing my groups to the regular dps stereotype. I CC, give mana, and stay out of fire. So when things are going perfectly and we still wipe because the healer goes OOM, I cannot think this is balanced.

Either the WOTLK style heroics need to go, or the cataclysm healing model needs a buff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've found healing fits into 2 categories... (I don't have Heroic experience... trying to get more gear).

Absolutely hectic, and absolutely mindnumbing.

Sometimes, DPS stands in fire. That makes things crazy. Pre-85, it blows, plain and simple. Even at 85, it's no walk in the park. You're lucky to make it out alive, but usually it's thanks to the ridiculous HP DPS get now, and some heal spamming that you can make it by.

Other times, healing (specifically for Druids) becomes 2 buttons... Lifebloom x3 on the tank, refreshing when needed, and HT for the DPS. It feels like playing an Arcane Mage, because every other heal is either too inefficient (Rejuve, Regrowth) or worthless (I'm looking at you, Nourish). The fact that Druid JP gear at 85 echoes this play style (look at the bonuses, they're all Lifebloom) makes me a little upset.

Swiftmend and Wild Growth are useful *occasionally*, but the CD's on them make them situational. Same with Tranq. IMO, healing is broken, and I'm not so sure gear will really fix that.
Edited by Restochango on 12/12/2010 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 5:44 PMPosted by Anorii
Dude, puh-leeeeze. Don't come up in here talking like you are so certain a little boost in gear can change anything. It makes me sick to see people with average item levels such as yours talk like they know it all.

The heals are messed up. Period. Unless you can get all the good stuff and heal a dungeon without having to drink after every single pull and your "Heal" spell is actually healing well enough that you don't have to frequently use flash heal and/or greater heal and you can make a video of it, don't talk.

If it's working out fine for you, kudos. Speak for yourself, brah!

I wanna repeat this statement "It makes me sick to see people with average item levels such as yours talk like they know it all."

Does this scream "Wrath Kid" to any vanilla/BC player?

I have yet to have a problem with healing if a boss fight is done correctly, if you wipe cause you went oom, you either weren't geared, a dps "stood in the fire", the tank wasnt geared, or the dps was not enough, theirs a lot more that goes into what people perceive as "good healing" than before and this is what people are not looking at

Edit: Nourish is not useless, just stat dependant on haste and SP, its quite a decent heal if you reforge your gear
Edited by Expeditîon on 12/12/2010 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm a QQer. I'm in 333 gear. I'm 5/12 in raids. I get vote kicked and blamed for wipes when others don't do what they're supposed to.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
Sevzi
85 Night Elf Druid
The Bolvar Brotherhood
Here's the problem:

Healer: *heals DPS with super costly mana skills that haven't been improved and heal at the same level when you were level 80 except now everyone has over 100k hit points and the mob hit for 20% of that while your poor tiny mana pool dwindles to nothing *

OUT OF THE DAMN FIRE!

1 hour ago

CORRECTED.
Edited by Alynisa on 12/12/2010 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2010 7:00 PMPosted by Maledicent
healing is fine. have yet to go below 50% mana in any heroic trash/boss fight with my group so far. The reason healing is hard for some is because dps stand in stuff, tanks dont use cds, and healers havent learned their new rotations. The new healing isn't about topping everyone off, it's about stabilizing heath bars then gradually taking them back to full.

You and every other paladin in the world.
Edited by Carecan on 12/12/2010 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
- Are you in any greens?

- Is your spirit below 2000?

- Have you equipped any Justice Point gear?

- Are you still in ICC gear?!! (you know who you are)

- Are you bringing flasks, food, and potions to every boss fight?

No, no, yes, no, yes.

I'm reasonably geared (average ilvl 344), although I'm not reforged because I'm not yet 100% certain where i want to go with reforging. I have 2235 spirit. I'm perfectly capable of healing heroics. I've healed all but three of them, and of the three I haven't finished, I've cleared half of two of them. Grim Batol never comes up for me. I run mostly with guildies, who are geared and intelligent and CC appropriately. I never go below 80% on trash pulls except when someone facepulls two nasty groups at once. I oom on boss fights near the end, but usually manage to pull through with good use of everyone's CDs.

I think there's a problem with priests. It's not enormous, it's not completely intolerable, it doesn't make healing "impossible" as some would claim. I don't think there's a fight in the game that priests aren't capable of healing. But there's something...off...about us.

Problem 1: Disc spells suck. They're tiny. We don't have the throughput to handle heavy AoE damage.

Problem 2: Holy playstyle is miserable. Cast times are simply too long compared to the speed of mechanics.

That is all. Mana is not a major issue. Priests having mana problems are not geared or are bad or are running with bads.
Reply Quote
Has anyone else noticed its always druids and Paladins saying healing is fine?
Reply Quote
I'm a druid, and healing isn't fine. in heroic tol'vir atm. tank died before i can 3 stack lifebloom him. gg

EDIT: Was kicked because he stood in earthquake and I didn't heal him thru it. gg
Edited by Carecan on 12/12/2010 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2010 7:00 PMPosted by Maledicent
healing is fine. have yet to go below 50% mana in any heroic trash/boss fight with my group so far. The reason healing is hard for some is because dps stand in stuff, tanks dont use cds, and healers havent learned their new rotations. The new healing isn't about topping everyone off, it's about stabilizing heath bars then gradually taking them back to full.

That was well said. There's a new style (new from WotLK that is) for the heroics that takes getting used to. Still given that, I have been hearing from Pallys that mana regen is really hard (and I don't think this is typical Wrath-Baby QQ). I don't play a pally healer, so don't know, just saying they might have legitimate issue. We'll see.
Edited by Shockazilla on 12/12/2010 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2010 5:22 PMPosted by Epicmedic
STOP!

Ok, before you go and post the 1,000th QQ post of the day about this game being too hard - how's your gear?

If any of the following pertain to you, please do not post, rather wait a week or two for better gear:

- Are you in any greens?

Let me reiterate: if any of the above bullet points sounds like you, please do not post until you have the gear.

no
yes
no
70%, should never be required for a 5 man.

Healing is ridiculously hard, having no choice at all in what spell I should cast. Healing wave or oom. Greater Healign wave or death. God help me if I ever have to cast healing rain.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Spells are too expensive, the throughput isn't high enough, and casting times are too long for the spells that are supposed to be staples.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Here's the problem:

Healer: *heals DPS* OUT OF THE DAMN FIRE!

This happen to me last night but we killed the first boss in heroic stonecore one of the dps got killed by the worm boss and everything was fine stop to drink next thing you know the tank had pulled that elite mob where you have to jump before the quake happen or take alot of damge he wipe us all guess who got kick. Maybe i should just find a dam guild. I know i dont have the best gear but i know how to heal.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 5:22 PMPosted by Epicmedic
- Are you in any greens?

Yep, I'm in some greens, my spirit is below 2k, and I don't bring flasks, food or potions to boss fights. That said, I finished heroic Shadowfang and Deadmines successfully with less than average item level 329 gear with my husband tanking, because we have a lot of good coordination and communicate cooldowns.

Anyway, what's wrong with some feedback about the state of healing and the dungeons in general? I shouldn't have to spend 2 and half hours on a random heroic dungeon. In my opinion some of these dungeons are tuned to be much too long in terms of time investment. I haven't tried any of the other heroic dungeons yet, but the two I did were both rather long. The 5-man dungeons have always been for "casual" players to use the LFD tool in order to have some fun. If the dungeons were tuned to be about 1 hour each right now, and then maybe 15-30 minutes after people are geared, I'd have no complaints. As it stands, it seems to take an eternity.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]