Healers, it gets better!

This isn't a post about how to heal, there are plenty of those around. This is for the broken, the discouraged. Keep at it, and you too will be the proud healer you once were. Here are some points.

1. Its day 5! Things are new and hard. The way you heal is new. You will need PRACTICE to really understand and milk your class for all its worth. Trust me, you'll get better.

2. Heroics are now like 5 man raids. Could you down the boss simply by healing? No, other members had parts to play, and boss fights are not tank and spanks. You are not a god. You are merely one person. Don't beat yourself up when the others screw up. That's THEM messing up.

3. Everyone's gear sucks right now! You will get better gear, and have better haste and regen. DPS will get better gear, the boss fights will be shorter, and mana won't be such an issue. Tanks will get better mitigation and health, and healing will be easier. Gem and enchant up those nice blues you have, you'll need em for now.

4. If dps are getting hurt, that's often times their fault. Damage is not thrown around willy nilly by bosses and trash anymore. If you see a dps take a huge hit, for no reason, that's because they didn't interrupt, stood in the wrong place, etc. You'll heal dps some, but it shouldn't be a lot.

5. Its ok if you don't top off health! I have had some boss fights go like this. Entire party at 90%, 80%, 70%....to even about 10% on everyone's health before the boss goes down. Spread the healing out! That's why everyone has so much stamina now. Don't let that stamina go to waste.

6. Can't heal the tank without going OOM? Have the party CC those mobs! Oh, and a friendly reminder to your tank to use those defensive cooldowns is not only a good idea, but the tanks job on yes, even trash.

So stay in there healers! Don't let the difficulties get you down. Do a little research into your class, practice, and trust me, you'll have more fun and satisfaction in healing then you ever did in Wrath.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
PuGs are stupid and will never learn.

You suggest CC, they laugh at you.

You need mana, they are already pulling.

You suggest that maybe they shouldn't stand in the damn fire, they laugh at you and the scream at you when they die or we wipe.

I had it.

Time to Kitteh and stand in fire too. :D
Edited by Flowers on 12/12/2010 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know it's getting better for holy paladin but i'm sure it is hardly any better for other healers especially priest. in a 5men instance, you, as a paladin only need to heal 3 targets (dont even ask me why only 3 targets, you should know already by now at lvl 85) while they have to handle 5, do u see where is the fairness here?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:27 PMPosted by Tieunhu
I know it's getting better for holy paladin but i'm sure it is hardly any better for other healers especially priest. in a 5men instance, you, as a paladin only need to heal 3 targets (dont even ask me why only 3 targets, you should know already by now at lvl 85) while they have to handle 5, do u see where is the fairness here?

This.
Having to spec into -60 seconds off my shadowfiend just so I can get mana more often is annoying.
People expecting me to flash heal them if they get hit once, is annoying.
Let alone PoH.
Thanks blizz, you've made the only class I enjoy overly difficult.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Im just gonna go ahead and say no one cares about "healing is fine" posts from pallies. They arnt gonna read them, everyone across the board knows pallies are the best atm. So just save yourself the effort and dont post it.

The only thing people really need to know is stack spirit, wipes happen, bads happen, and guess what? you are gonna keep playing this game one way or another.
Reply Quote
I know, sometimes people can be hard to work with. Sometimes they won't CC. Sometimes they'll stand in the fire. But your job isn't to heal that. Your job is to heal the tank, and sometimes patch a mistake or two here and there.

You are not the group! Do not hold the sole responsibility on yourself. Further, if your group is bad, feel free to leave, or ask to get kicked. You still get instant queues, they still have to wait 30 minutes. That gives you an easy chance to find a good group that will CC, interrupt, and work together to complete the dungeon.

As for me being a pally, I was a priest healer through BC and Wrath. I know it has changed, but I also know priest has an incredible number of tools. What are your efficient heals? For healing multiple targets, you really should only need to immediately heal one target, the tank. Could renews help slowly heal the damage dps take? But I would ask the priests on their forums, I'm sure there are good players to help you heal very effectively. Don't give up!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
what is really awesome is when you see a pull not turning out so well and a hybrid starts to heal with you to insure no one dies. it is pretty damn fantastic.

it is just a little too rare though
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
12/12/2010 6:39 PMPosted by Wirius
I know, sometimes people can be hard to work with. Sometimes they won't CC. Sometimes they'll stand in the fire. But your job isn't to heal that. Your job is to heal the tank, and sometimes patch a mistake or two here and there.

You are not the group! Do not hold the sole responsibility on yourself. Further, if your group is bad, feel free to leave, or ask to get kicked. You still get instant queues, they still have to wait 30 minutes. That gives you an easy chance to find a good group that will CC, interrupt, and work together to complete the dungeon.

As for me being a pally, I was a priest healer through BC and Wrath. I know it has changed, but I also know priest has an incredible number of tools. What are your efficient heals? For healing multiple targets, you really should only need to immediately heal one target, the tank. Could renews help slowly heal the damage dps take? But I would ask the priests on their forums, I'm sure there are good players to help you heal very effectively. Don't give up!

I'm sorry, but saying priests are fine without playing a priest at 85 doesn't hold much ground for me.
Reply Quote
Hm, I've been over to the priest forums, and there seem to be priests who don't have any problems healing heroics. As a priest, have you itemized properly? Keybound your abilities?

I have healed, but it hasn't by any means been easy. I've keybound all of my core abilities, bring potions, and drink an old spell power flask from level 80. Almost every single heroic boss fight has come down to us winning, and myself without any mana. Sometimes everyone is alive, sometimes they aren't.

My point isn't to say one class is better than the others. Its to say, there are successful healers of all classes, and the above points will apply to all of those classes as you go through.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]