Is healing even worth it now?

85 Human Priest
Just healed nearly 1m on a single pull because my group was complete morons.
Didn't run oom, and I kept everyone alive.
Then after I get kicked for apparently being a fail healer.
It's beyond frustrating knowing I do fine at healing, and still get put down.
This is beyond ridiculous.
Blizz either needs to fix it, or remind DPS, and Tanks that THEY are the ones making our jobs harder than they need to be.

I'm done for now, later my fellow healers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Sounds like the players in your group were catered to WotLK where they just spammed their AoE button and had 0 consequences while doing so.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This is most likely the case, but when it happens more than once, it gets old fast.
I've told groups how to do pulls, and they start off right, then end up doing it wrong.
Even when I have my guildie tank, the random DPS end up screwing things up.
Some of them still in t10, barely pulling 5k DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I get kicked 2-3 times a day due to fail dps. Apparently I am the cause of broken cc and d[s standing in the bad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:25 PMPosted by Kajinos
I get kicked 2-3 times a day due to fail dps. Apparently I am the cause of broken cc and d[s standing in the bad.

Yeah, it's just annoying.
I'm not by any means saying blizz needs to make healing like Wrath.
However, there has to be a way to keep it fun for casuals, and still challenging for the "elitest" type of player.
This is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Then don't pug. Find a guild on your server and do heroics with them. That's one of the downsides of pugging, finding terrible players. After kicking you, they will end up picking up a new healer and repeating what they've just gone thru with you. Then later frustrated, they will leave their groups, exit wow and process to the forums and QQ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
stack up bandage now, it the new way to heal :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:28 PMPosted by Porkzqt
Then don't pug. Find a guild on your server and do heroics with them. That's one of the downsides of pugging, finding terrible players. After kicking you, they will end up picking up a new healer and repeating what they've just gone thru with you. Then later frustrated, they will leave their groups, exit wow and process to the forums and QQ.

My guild doesn't have enough 85s geared to do heroics right now.
The ones that are geared enough, are far less than willing because they're scared of wiping for hours.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Lol, did HoO run last night and the first trash pack I had to heal 2.3 mill...

It was normal too.

That pretty much sums up every instance run I have done to this point.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:31 PMPosted by Flowers
Lol, did HoO run last night and the first trash pack I had to heal 2.3 mill...

It was normal too.

That pretty much sums up every instance run I have done to this point.

I hate that they still expect us to carry them.
This isn't WotLK, they need to realize it's actually a group effort.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:31 PMPosted by Kezíah
12/12/2010 6:28 PMPosted by Porkzqt

My guild doesn't have enough 85s geared to do heroics right now.
The ones that are geared enough, are far less than willing because they're scared of wiping for hours.

Then find another guild that better suits you. Why wait for / carry players that aren't going to spend the time praying for shinny epics to drop from the sky?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
i have joined so many grp which "had" failed healer. the funny thing is whenever i join a grp like that it;s not the healer who are makeing mistakes.
tank stand in fire, dont know how to position boss. dps dont know how to interrup, ,taking unnecessary damage etc etc etc .
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 6:35 PMPosted by Porkzqt
Then find another guild that better suits you. Why wait for / carry players that aren't going to spend the time praying for shinny epics to drop from the sky?

Simply because I have a lot of good friends in my current guild.
I wouldn't be a good healer at all if it weren't for them.
While I understand where you're coming from, and respect it, I won't leave friends behind.
A few of us in the guild do really well, the only problem is a slight lack in DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]