Can we finally balance Frost Mages and Ferals

81 Human Warlock
On tuesday the new arena starts and quite honestly I do not want to see scrubs playing ferals getting to gladiator range and then sit on their title. Thats 0 Skills.

Frost - too much control, too much burst. 14-15k Ice lance spam? 20-26k frost bolts crits? Cone freezes and heroism? Wtf if we wont fix either their amount of control or their burst we will see some terrible glads. Blizzard please do not make the same mistake with season 5. You said at 85 people will go down slower. But guess what with mages at what they are right now it wont happen.

Ferals - too much bleed dmg, too much mitigation in bear form. their dots crit up to 10k on clothies per TICK! They are also can just go bear and hit with maul for good 15k crit. on top of that all their strat is DOT up then run around and watch target getting low. Takes 0 skill to play atm. Please either balance their class around their dots (nerf their DOT dmg). Or atleast make it so when they go bear the DOTs on the target fall off, in order for it to make a fair trade off between going defensive or staying offensive.
85 Gnome Warrior
coming from the real arena OP class this season this is kind of funny. (no i'm not talking about me as a war, but you as a lock).

Icelance dmg is big, but they want it that way, which is fine if they give it either a minor cooldown like a melee ability or make it an on proc use only.

As for ferals, bleed and outlive works in 1v1 only, which is why everyone is raging so hard, their dmg is a bit higher than others but they are not hitting for any absurb numbers. they are constant pressure when they have uptime. It's like people crying about rogues because they reset on them 100x in a duel and win.

Dmg for all classes across the board will need to be adressed, depending on how it is when we have some actual resil.

Btw I play feral if you want to discredit this post or w/e, but I just find it funny coming from a lock. You do know you are going to be one of the strongest, if not the strongest, arena class this season right?
85 Undead Mage
Pretty sure I'm quitting mage if we don't get nerfs. Playing the overpowered class just isn't fun.

Maybe I'm just used to hitting like a kitten in WotLK, but I've taken many, many people from 100k+ to dead in DF>imp. CS. It's #*$#ing broken and if it weren't for S5 I wouldn't be able to believe this made it out of beta. At times, I want season 8 back. It's that bad.

edit: I don't have a feral, but everyone I know seems to agree that feral are ridiculous too.
Edited by Glexarn on 12/13/2010 1:38 AM PST
85 Orc Warrior
12/13/2010 1:37 AMPosted by Glexarn
Pretty sure I'm quitting mage if we don't get nerfs. Playing the overpowered class just isn't fun.

That right there is why my Feral druid and Mage sat on the bench while I leveld this warrior. Those were my 3 of my 4 80s, I had looked foward to playing my feral very much but in MY opinion both of those classes/specs are too strong to the point where a bad player will have no trouble beating other skilled players behind diff classes.

We will see how long my resolve lasts in 85 PvP, how many times I can be bled out by a feral sitting in bear or globaled by a mage without moving half a foot before I choose to level one of them.

On a side note, I cant decide if enhancement shamans are OP or if its just been so long sense they were viable. Whatever the case I am glad they finally got some love this Xpac. That might just be the 80 I level and main.
85 Draenei Shaman
Seriously hilarious coming from a warlock.. Someone doesn't want to be threatened for most OP class in arena.

"OMG I CANT F33R SPAM AND WIN? THAT CLASS IS BROKEN!!!!! FIX NOW BLIZZ OR I QUITZ"
Edited by Waywardheart on 12/13/2010 2:42 AM PST
85 Undead Warlock
ROFL..........Dis you acctually believe warlocks in s8 where broken!?!? See maybe in S4 or s5 when we could have UA up with immo And when SL was acctually a decent hitting DOT, And our heals where retarded along with our dammage...........Turning us into a autistic kid on moose testosterone. Either way we fell short when wrath came around and afflic just about died, Only the GOOD players stayed afflic and knew how to use it correctly when the nerfs hit. As for how you could see us as OP as SUB rogues just about killing ANYTHING it opened up on correctly........Or even frost mages, And arms warriors at that, Bro storm got WAY out of hand damage wise.

As for wayward i kind of peed my pants laughing at what you said, You do realise warlocks are one of the few casters that LITERALLY sit in front of mele the ENTIRE fight and tank them right? Honestly how can you be okay with warlocks having their BIGGEST oh $^&* buttons that MADE us live against ANY class get nerfed to the point that a tick from COA now breaks it AND counts towards the next one having DR or immune probs! I fail to see your logic if you do cause right now even the TOP arena locks are mad about it.

Either way just my two cents on the whole thing :P
85 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 2:00 AMPosted by Pincho
rake -> mangle -> shred -> shred -> rip -> dash -> /lol

Bad priority rotation is bad.
85 Human Paladin

This is the same reason why I leveled my paladin first. Atleast in S8 being good at frost garnered some level of respect with it. I only played at around 2.1k on my mage, but I still felt good about myself. Hitting a rating like that on my mage now wouldn't mean anything.
Edited by Telur on 12/13/2010 6:24 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 6:24 AMPosted by Telur

This is the same reason why I leveled my paladin first. Atleast in S8 being good at frost garnered some level of respect with it. I only played at around 2.1k on my mage, but I still felt good about myself. Hitting a rating like that on my mage now wouldn't mean anything.

???

I know.. I know.. lol. They were the only 80's I had. I'm hoping it's not as bad as everyones making it out to be. Prot seems relatively viable.
Edited by Telur on 12/13/2010 6:44 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
Why are our quote chains so messed up? lol.

I just changed my ret pvp spec to prot pvp spec. Ret is officially in the history books for me.
85 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 6:12 AMPosted by Wafflesqt
12/13/2010 6:09 AMPosted by Ishiki
[quote="14063098474"]rake -> mangle -> shred -> shred -> rip -> dash -> /lol

Bad priority rotation is bad.

[/facepalm[/quote]

Rofl. I have won this battle. I think think qouteing is broken now.

Feral was REALLY overpowered pre release.Not sure how it is right now, havnt jumped into a BG yet, waiting till tomorrow, been focusing on PvE set/weapon.
Edited by Ishiki on 12/13/2010 7:01 AM PST
85 Human Death Knight
for some reason I do not find UA locks OP at all. maybe in arena with soul swap...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]