The REAL healing problem.

85 Undead Priest
The healing system, is working as intended, its just the DPS that dont CC, who are making this difficult.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
You know, it's kind of a silly epidemic that certain players have. I've found myself playing with really good friends or PuGs that won't CC because "They don't need to." Regardless of us clearing it, I don't understand why a person wouldn't want to CC.

I mean it only makes everyone's job easier.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It really does make a huge difference, especially on trash. I was able to heal through one of the tougher heroics today - we had ample CC and a will to use it, and that made it about a dozen times easier than I was anticipating.

Bosses are still rough, but they're manageable with a higher level of play beyond DPS zerg from the party.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
DPS just think that they just have the do just that DPS, they dont understand they have a job now to
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Because CC totally helps on boss fights with no CCable adds.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I am finding that heroics with guildies are much much easier then normal dungeons with 4 randoms through LFG. That says something massive about how individual players in a dungeon group can make such a difference to the smoothness of the run.

I need more reputation and thus more dungeons however I can't do them any more, not because I can't do them in the practical sense, rather every time I do one I like the game that much less. If I continue to push myself to do randoms through the LFG system I will eventually dislike to the point where I know I will walk away from the game.

I expected heroics to be hard (and to be honest I don't think they are that bad with a good group). But I didn't expect normals to be so punishing with bad groups.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Even 85 normals can be rough. CC is greatly desired, but there's still a lot of people who don't use it at all. And that can make them absolutely brutal.

Sure there's a few who can tough it out, but it's not for everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Healthpools in cata have been increased dramatically. By the time you hit 5 man heroics your tank will be approaching 120k health and your non-tank's health will be creeping up on 90k. At the same time your largest 2.5 second heal will be striking (non-crit) for just above 20k. By the time you reach heroic raiding your tank will have a whopping 150 to 180k health with your largest heal only rising to 25k. In cata, healing someone to full takes time and effort, even if they are a dps.

Choose who you heal and how you do it wisely. If a dps is injured it is not necessarily a good idea to heal him. A majority of dps specs have self healing capability, often with a negligible dps trade off. Only save those you believe are in immediate danger of death. In fact there is a 5 man boss and a raid boss in cata where your entire party will spend most of the fight at less than 25% health.

There is NO PROBLEM with healing.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/13/2010 12:45 AMPosted by Skarey
Healthpools in cata have been increased dramatically. By the time you hit 5 man heroics your tank will be approaching 120k health and your non-tank's health will be creeping up on 90k. At the same time your largest 2.5 second heal will be striking (non-crit) for just above 20k. By the time you reach heroic raiding your tank will have a whopping 150 to 180k health with your largest heal only rising to 25k. In cata, healing someone to full takes time and effort, even if they are a dps.

Choose who you heal and how you do it wisely. If a dps is injured it is not necessarily a good idea to heal him. A majority of dps specs have self healing capability, often with a negligible dps trade off. Only save those you believe are in immediate danger of death. In fact there is a 5 man boss and a raid boss in cata where your entire party will spend most of the fight at less than 25% health.

There is NO PROBLEM with healing.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i agree with the person above me but its kind of silly that if we have 1 or 2 pple in grp that can do something right that we should wipe...

its kinda my job to keep pple alive to do their jobs. and i would like a tiny bit of leway so that if someone messes up and i have to keep em alive then i dont go oom and wipe us....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
People shouldn't mess up and expect to be carried by healers.
Team work.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/13/2010 12:53 AMPosted by Skarey
Team work.

Thats the thing though, DPS are so use to the easy mechanics of fights, that they forgot how to play.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
CC abilities need to become functional buttons for dps'ers (or healers/tanks if they have them) and during this transition they are not. They are still novelties.

If a dps'er refuses to cc then taking the approach of 'well now I'll just take one of my spells of my toolbar... the one that could have saved you' is somewhat understandable during this interim period.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

12/13/2010 12:58 AMPosted by Ultimai
12/13/2010 12:53 AMPosted by Skarey
Team work.

Thats the thing though, DPS are so use to the easy mechanics of fights, that they forgot how to play.

Well then tell them to educate themselves and don't pug for a while.
It's not your fault they think Cata is a nuke fest like WOTLK was.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Were going from one extreme to another.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No we're not. Today I ran a pug heroic. I tell the hunter...trap the mob. He sets down the trap on the ground. I'm like....shoot it onto the mob..you know. Get closer, do the cammo thingie and shoot it onto him.
It took 5 min and him clicking through the abilities.
The point is the DPS forgot how to play entirely.
Wrath promoted bad habits of "I'll stand in fire and take the dmg cause if I move it's dps loss and healers can just keep me up". Also, the "4 button bar" phenomenon where nothing else in the spellbook mattered.
CC was some strange thing people would sometimes mention but it was a pvp ability mostly.
Now you gotta open your spellbook again and learn all your abilities and how to properly use em in fights.
It isn't all about the DPS burn now and I am loving it.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/13/2010 1:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I thought the idea was to make healing more fun, exciting, and hard. Non of this has been accomplished. Healing is easily doable. It sucks that we have to wait an extra couple of minutes between each pull. It sucks that we go through 100's of gold worth of water, no other class needs to. It sucks that now its not "boring", its just one problem traded for another......DPS sucks!!.....Let's nerf healers!!?? There was no punishment for bad dps, so long as healers just healed them through it. I can see how everyone might think this is the heals fault, but i seriously think they could have a better implementation.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/13/2010 1:30 AMPosted by Sedivy
No we're not. Today I ran a pug heroic. I tell the hunter...trap the mob. He sets down the trap on the ground. I'm like....shoot it onto the mob..you know. Get closer, do the cammo thingie and shoot it onto him.
It took 5 min and him clicking through the abilities.
The point is the DPS forgot how to play entirely.
Wrath promoted bad habits of "I'll stand in fire and take the dmg cause if I move it's dps loss and healers can just keep me up". Also, the "4 button bar" phenomenon where nothing else in the spellbook mattered.
CC was some strange thing people would sometimes mention but it was a pvp ability mostly.
Now you gotta open your spellbook again and learn all your abilities and how to properly use em in fights.
It isn't all about the DPS burn now and I am loving it.

The thing is DPS arnt burning
The DPS think WERE the ones to blame, like WERE doing something wrong when we gotta spam heals to everyone to keep them up
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Im all for CC, trust me.

but Im just throwing this out there:

Pally (Tank)
Warrior
Hunter
DK
Shammy healer

What does that group use to CC? O.o.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]