Not even a week into Cataclysm...

80 Night Elf Priest
... and forums are lighting up like a Christmas tree with complaints in regards to healing.
Did people not watch the videos of what to expect? Is crowd control even being used?

In Burning Crusade we spammed dungeons to get our healing sets to prepare us for heroics and then for Karazhan and onward. I remember spending days and weeks and months progressing into Karazhan until our group was geared enough to faceroll it in three hours and move onto Zul'Aman.

In Wrath of the Lich King we went into Naxx in blues and would down a boss or two per night until weeks/months later, again, we could glide through it in three hours.

We're only one week in. Virtually nobody is "geared." People are going to need to use crowd control to get through instances. They're going to have to learn how to actually think and plan their fights.

We all asked for this! We didn't want to see "free epics" for "noobs," "casuals," etc.
We wanted our epics to show for something. From what I am seeing the people that were prepared for this are getting it done and having fun. The people that are using crowd control are getting it done and having fun. If you treat this as tank and spank like Wrath of the Lich King then I guess we count down the days before you hit the "cancel subscription" button.

Your group needs to learn to work together and to play smart.
Yes, healing will be a challenge. But keep gearing up, learning the fights, and planning each step and you'll get it done. You'll get that sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. It'll happen. We're only a week in.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Even with Just the tank takeing damage its next to impossable to keep him alive even with 170k hp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To an extent Im glad they made the switch from "AoE Nerdgasming" to planning pulls with a little CC. However I don't think they should force implement this by gimping the healers.

I'm all for a little challenge, and I love seeing the tank not just run into a group of ten mobs....But what Im NOT all for is how casting a regrowth is like a 300 pound man doing a cannon ball into a kiddie pool. He doesnt get wet (No healing), theres no water (Mana) left in the pool, and the neighbor kids (Mobs) are laughing at him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Even with Just the tank takeing damage its next to impossable to keep him alive even with 170k hp

Lol no it isn't. At all. This is the part where you should be asking yourself what are you doing wrong. Then reading the forums that summarize changes to your class and how to spec/gear/gem/heal now.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/13/2010 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have mostly 346 healing gear and heroic 5 mans are a struggle even with a good group.

More than anything, its just not fun. There is nothing fun about "spell choice" when your only choice is the cheap slow heal because that is all you can afford.

If they expect us to wait to the end of the expansion to obtain gear that will allow us to actually have a choice, then I won't be around to see it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Guess what. The QQ hasn't even started yet. Wait till all these non-Paladins go into a battleground and figure out that they are a free kill, or queue up for an arena and realize that their friends should have just brought another DPS. All the coordination in the world isn't going to fix THAT problem.

We are broken. It's cool that you like the model. Problem is that that model locks us out of half the game, and makes the other half a stressful hellhole. Fun this isn't, and Blizzard should have known better. Instead they will have implemented something they will have to spend the next six months rolling back. It was nearsighted at best.

They have about 3 weeks to announce massive changes before people start leaving in droves. People who want to heal want to heal, and right now that's not possible.
Edited by Stethoscope on 12/13/2010 1:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You clearly haven't read the title. It's the first week in. People are undergeared and don't understand the encounters. A few weeks in and this will all get a lot easier. As it should be!
We should not be floating through heroics first week in in green geared pugs.
Heroics should be heroic in that they require a considerable effort and planning in these initial stages when we're not all outgearing them.
Can't speak as to the state of pvp yet. Too busy with pve content. But I have yet to hear a guildie or a friend who heal, complain about it.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/13/2010 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i completely 100% agree with forestmoon, people not to stop QQing about what we asked for and blizzard finally listened to us, plus hey get some skill, if u want a game u can just walk through go ask ur little 5 year old brother for his kiddy games. L2P
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
I feel like this is week one of Ulduar all over again. Where we literally spent 9 hours over three evenings and 1200 gold in repairs as a guild fighting 10-man XT and couldn't get it done. Our guild practically disbanded in frustration. The next week, XT got a nerf and we one-shotted him and never had a problem with him again.

ICC 10-man week 1. Marrogar was apparently doing 25-man damage to the tanks. Hours and tons of gold later, we left in frustration. Next week he was doing 10-man damage in the 10-man: one shot.

I'm seeing people freak out all over the place, canceling their accounts, etc... it's one week in.
Give it some time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Have they balanced the current model around everyone having raid gear? I haven't done much healing yet (just tanking) but it seems that Blizzard's new model isn't working when healers can only use 2 or 3 spells cause the others are all useless or prohibitively expensive.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Except they obviously didn't think the healing model was fail, and neither did most beta testers. Most of the disagreement from beta healers was how strong the ground aoes were, which Blizz listened to and nerfed accordingly.
Reply Quote
84 Human Priest
12/13/2010 1:29 AMPosted by Forestmoon
Did people not watch the videos of what to expect? Is crowd control even being used?
You must have trade chat disabled. When new content comes out, it is abundantly clear that players haven't glanced briefly at patch notes or even heard a general idea about what is changing. They're definitely not watching strategy videos in anticipation of an expansion release.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Half the people are declaring the healing model "broken" and yet I am watching my brother's resto shaman get through the heroics steadily (three hours on the first one, two hours on the next, etc) and it's getting smoother. So resto shamans appear to be doing okay once they get a hang of it. His guild's disc priest is also getting the hang of it.

Druids appear to be having an issue but I haven't followed their plight on the forums to hear of any success to counter their complaints.

How are Paladins doing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OP's point is the same i've been trying to argue with people since Cata hit.
Everyone is running into Heroics in 333 blues and Twilight Highlands quest greens,
and expecting to faceroll the content without a hitch regardless of what the group does.

If that were possible to do, what would the point be of accumulating gear ?
Getting gear makes current content easier and makes later content possible.
If you can blast through the current content easily already, the gear it drops is irrelevant.

The healing model is not a problem. If there was something wrong with healing,
no one would be making any headway in heroics except crazy elite hardcore players.
What's happening instead is that anyone running mostly guild groups is making headway,
and people who are stuck in LFG are having a great deal of trouble.

The logical conclusion to draw is that the issue is group coordination, not healing.
Groups that communicate and plan out how to execute pulls and bosses are successful.
Groups that just try to blast through content like it's still WotLK fail.
Healers are crying because they're the ones that end up looking bad when the group fails,
because the result of group recklessness is unhealable damage.
Edited by Ashalanore on 12/13/2010 2:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Give it some time.

12/13/2010 1:50 AMPosted by Chakra
Not acceptable. I paid for this game and the devs knew from beta that their healing model was going to fail. I expected a fix before going live.

Uh... you may be playing the wrong game. If it isn't acceptable, you won't last. These expansions are meant to last about two years. By "give it time" I mean give it a bit more than the first week or two. The current content got through BETA with great praise and people are getting through it.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
I fully agree with Ashalanore.

Most of the people getting through this stuff are doing so as a guild or group of friends.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Most of the people getting through this stuff are doing so as a guild or group of friends.

Which you should be doing if you're in greens or blues, trying for heroic modes.
Leave the LFD for when you have some gear on you to compensate for baddies, or when you have the patience to reteach all the dps how to properly cc and stay out of crap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]