Holy power FTL, Paladin class change

72 Worgen Priest
Ever since paladins have bin given holy power, it's like playing a mentally handicapped rogue that wears plate and can't use stealth... If i had wanted to have combo points i would have made a rogue.

I know there are others that will disagree, and you have every right to. But for the others that hate holy power too, and find that their paladin is now useless to them like i do, don't you think that blizzard should at least let you change your class to something else? I've bin playing wow for about 5 years now and never really had a problem with my paladin until now. I have opened a ticket before about this, and the gm told me there was nothing he could do about my paladin witch is fine... But then went on to tell me to go level something else... Well he or she can go skrew themselves... My paladin has a crapload of pets/mounts and achievements and you just want me to re-roll something else? Go F*&^ yourself... you changed everything... and for those of us that don't like the change, give us an option to change to something else...

And a message to all the paladins that like holy power and are gunna bash this post, good for you, thats nice, i don't give two sh*&s what you like, i pay for the game not you so stfu.
Edited by Zayl on 12/13/2010 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
It's not so much the holy power change as it is the stupid RNG nature of it.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Priest
Pretty much the paladin overall is bad now imo

and again

And a message to all the paladins that like holy power and are gunna bash this post, good for you, thats nice, i don't give two sh*&s what you like, i pay for the game not you so stfu.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 2:33 AMPosted by Unchosen
It's not so much the holy power change as it is the stupid RNG nature of it.

I think you are right, but I also think is holy power.

I think the new resource was not needed, it is not fun, it takes less thinking to play, it is not even new but a rework of the old choice between flash of lights or exorcism, and it is seriously annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 2:42 AMPosted by Zayl

and again

I just want to know what that means? Does your subscription fees pay for the entirety of running world of warcraft? Or do you think no one besides you pays a fee?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to all Paladins or just certain specs?

I've been Prot since 30 and, while the mechanics of the class have changed, I think it's just fine. Everything still runs smoothly. Now, if you're talking about Ret or Holy specifically, that's different than the whole class being broken. I will admit that Ret (so far, we'll see at 85) is clunky and slow; I have no experience with Holy since the change.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Warrior
Settle down nerds....
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
12/13/2010 4:48 AMPosted by Neri

and again

I just want to know what that means? Does your subscription fees pay for the entirety of running world of warcraft? Or do you think no one besides you pays a fee?

I'm pretty sure what he meant is that he doesn't like it, so being told "it's fine l2p" or something isn't going to do anything.

Unfortunately for the OP, I can't imagine Blizzard giving anyone a way to ignore Holy Power as a Paladin. If he hates it then he really is going to have to roll another class. On the plus side, Blizzard has said at Blizzcon that they really love the idea of making things like mounts, pets, and achievements more account wide. When that'll happen who knows, but at least it's something.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Priest
"And a message to all the paladins that like holy power and are gunna bash this post, good for you, thats nice, i don't give two sh*&s what you like, i pay for the game not you so stfu."

what i meant by this is, i pay for my account, I've paid for the last 5 years and they took something that was fun and now it's not. Meaning i invested allot of time in this game and character now it's useless to me... and the people that like the change thats nice, but i'm not asking for your input.

and as for "Pretty much the paladin overall is bad now imo "

In my opinion it is, hence why i said IMO
Reply Quote
You know what I call HP? "Free Mana".
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 6:13 AMPosted by Zayl
and as for "Pretty much the paladin overall is bad now imo "

In my opinion it is, hence why i said IMO

And I'm asking for your opinion in more detail. Not just, "HoPo sucks! Paladins are aweful!" If you're referring to in general, explain. If you're referring to a specific spec, explain.

Saying something is aweful and following up with "I pay for my toon, shut the eff up" isn't very persuasive.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Nah, he's free to not explain anything. Just like how people are free to just "shut the eff up el two pee" without explanation either

As George Carlin said: you either have no rights, or you have all rights

So if you have the right to complain, people have the right to complain about you complaining (and others can complain about them complaining complaining, etc)

Doesn't matter if you do it in 2 words ("ret sucks") or 2000 words.

Do whatever you want. If what you do pisses somebody off enough, they are free to do something about it (from flaming you, to intellectually debating you, to just reporting your ass), and we'll see what happens from there (reduced to a flamewar, turn to a 20 page back and forth, or somebody actuallys gets banned or thread gets deleted, etc)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Holy is probably the strongest healing spec right now thanks to holy power. I haven't had a lot of the issues I see other healers describe and I know not all of them are bad and need to L2P. I have a shaman and a priest too, and I had a fair idea after 4.0 which one would be better at the beginning. Looks like I've made the right choice.

Plus, this is the first time I'm actually having a lot of fun PvE healing on my paladin. Before HP and the diversification of our tools, I was an HL-spamming machine thanks to Int gemming and haste/mp5 itemization, and I greatly preferred my shaman, who felt a lot more versatile (solid tank healer and awesome group healer).

My friend leveled his pally tank with me and despite the fact that he hates being gimped stat-wise, he's been doing great. His threat is fine, his DPS is great, and he's not very hard to heal. Thanks to HP and WoG, he can heal himself if I'm CC-ed, silenced, or struggling to keep everyone alive.

Neither of us has been Ret in ages, so I can't comment on that. If your argument is that Ret is in a bad place, you'll have my sympathy, since this spec has been a black sheep for a long time now (along with Enh shaman). But Ret being bad doesn't mean HP is a bad idea or that the entire class is broken; it just means that Ret needs reworking.

Right now, you're acting like an angry 5-year old throwing a tantrum, which is why people aren't responding the way you want them to. Sorry, but your $15 a month isn't more important than ours, and your lack of understanding regarding how the class works shouldn't be a factor in design decisions.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Ima go with hmm HP as prot massive SotR Massive healing....Holy monster healer less effected by the new mana strained healing....ret is also doing well in every instance ive run and BG ive been in Ret has been high dmg and high heals...really lost me at pallies are bad btw...and prot is faceroll OP in pve and pvp cant even get up the interest to level him to 85 yet but thats completely OT and unimportant but any "decent" pally loves HP because 2/3 specs it makes OP(im looking at you prot and holy) and the other is decent you cant get what you want all the time alot of pallys love HP and the basement dwelling mouth breathers who enjoyed facerolling the game and hated HP either re-rolled or are doing as you are doing its no where near as bad as you try to say if anything as my ret pally i enjoy it as its not a simple rotation procs are important...i mean how dare this game be so easy a set rotation works in every situation and you cant mindlessly press a set number of buttons and win the game /end sarcasim.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/13/2010 6:28 AMPosted by Aziah
Hey guess what? Did you guess it? Not yet? We pay to play too and we like it.

Go furry up those worgen palms

You havnt even done a heroic to understand the MIN amount of DPS you can pull is 8k, yeah some fights I ull like 12 - 13k BUT the other fights that have low RNG its like 4 - 5k its too random and people just dont like that plus palladins like myself who have made palladins due to their play style not because oh I can faceroll >.< Yeah cause to do 11/12 HM ICC before the 30% buff you could faceroll sure sure.

Not to mention my holy palladin friend of mine who is running mostly heroic gear still struggles with mana but I dont wish to discuss holy as I dont play holy and therfore dont understand the mechanics.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Priest
what more is there to explain? i said it in the first post i made...

"Ever since paladins have bin given holy power, it's like playing a mentally handicapped rogue that wears plate and can't use stealth... If i had wanted to have combo points i would have made a rogue. "

if you don't see what i mean, then let me explain... I don't like the play style, it's not that i can't play it either... I can still tank fine, although my threat is allot less then it used to be.

and perhaps holy is good and all, but i only liked tanking or dpsing. Why wear plate if you're not getting hit?
Edited by Zayl on 12/13/2010 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 9:12 AMPosted by Zayl

if you don't see what i mean, then let me explain... I don't like the play style, it's not that i can't play it either... I can still tank fine, although my threat is allot less then it used to be.

and perhaps holy is good and all, but i only liked tanking or dpsing. Why wear plate if you're not getting hit?

How is your threat less? If it is, you are doing something horribly, horribly wrong. My threat is absolutely through the roof, especially after the first 10 seconds of a boss fight. For trash, DPS can't be stupid and attack random targets. This is true of all 4 tanks. We are less faceroll now. Sorry that you don't like it. The vast majority of paladins I've talked to enjoy it (well, holy and prot anyway).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]