Some actual numbers on healing

80 Human Warlock
Ok, not bringing up my priest, but Lilsando on Barthilas if you care to check.

Did Magmaw/ODS/Halfus/Valiona last night, thought I'd post some numbers. In all fights, I got no specific mana regen from my raid (no innervate), and we were druid/priest/paladin healing. We didn't parse the ODS fight unfortunately, and I died at 10% on Valiona kill, so I'll post the raw figures for the other 2.

Magmaw:
Druid - 4829147 (4 innervates)
Paladin - 4261255
Priest - 2730111

Halfus
Druid - 4021689 (3 innervates)
Paladin - 3490619
Priest - 3473503

The high movement and slow cast of spells on Magmaw hurt me I feel, and the fact that the druid only just beat the paladin, and had 4 innervates (druid tank as well), is pretty telling.

Halfus, comes down to the drakes you get, we got timewarden as one, meaning the raid was dodging fireballs for the most part, so my POH/COH/POM spam was effective, the druid stayed on top with innervates.

On single target fights, I feel pretty useless, I can't do anything other than heal, otherwise I go oom immediately.

My mana regen feels about right for this level of content, and noone else was having any better luck than me. Although Magmaw is pretty rough, given I'm propped up by my shadow-fiend giving me twice the normal mana.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The druid still won the battle, and I would suspect at least two of the innervates in each fight were person cool downs. Which makes it sorta silly that you are posting how often the player used their own mana return cooldown as each healing class has some mechanism of mana return.

12/13/2010 2:30 AMPosted by Subysm
On single target fights, I feel pretty useless, I can't do anything other than heal, otherwise I go oom immediately.

Not to be snarky but what else did you have in mind you are in the raid to heal. Perhaps I'm not understanding what you are getting at.

12/13/2010 2:30 AMPosted by Subysm
My mana regen feels about right for this level of content, and noone else was having any better luck than me. Although Magmaw is pretty rough, given I'm propped up by my shadow-fiend giving me twice the normal mana.

Well if everyone is struggling equally it would make us believe the game is balanced, even if that balance doesn't make healing easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The OP's a priest - by "heal" s/he means the superslow/efficient direct healing spell, Heal.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
12/13/2010 2:40 AMPosted by Speedlight
Well if everyone is struggling equally it would make us believe the game is balanced, even if that balance doesn't make healing easy.

I don't think it's particularly unbalanced, not really trying to claim it is.

And yeah, I mean the spell 'Heal'. What I mean is that one a fight that doesn't require AOE, I feel pretty superfluous at worst, and bored as bats*** either way, because I can't cast anything other than a slow small heal, or I go oom.

I'd like to see a slight reduction on flash heal cost, and an increase in the gheal amount healed, but not much.

Just trying to put out more than 'zomg I feel so gimp'.

And obviously it's the druids own thing, but it's one of the few things that they can cast on others, so needs to be mentioned. I can't cast shadowfiend on others, so no need to mention that I used it, huh. If he'd cast innervate on me, it would need to be mentioned, so I mentioned that he didn't in fact use it on me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]