A priest suggestion for blizz

31 Night Elf Priest
So i've come to terms with the fact that blizz finally wants healers to learn to play or find a different role. Which means im not going to QQ about going OOM in 30 seconds on certain fights. Having said that here is a suggestion that i think would make life a tad bit easier without making things too easy.

The (original) cast time for flash heal is 1.5seconds. The (original) cast time for greater heal is 2.5seconds. I say original meaning before your haste rating. Those use to be the two main(non-aoe) heals of priests. Now blizz wants us to start using "Heal" again, which is fine. The only problem i have with it is that the cast time is the same as greater heal. Now i realize if you lower it too much then it become another mana cheap flash heal. But if you took the cast time of heal from 2.5seconds down to 2.0 seconds then it would be a lot more effective for healers and it would make sense.

Flash Heal- 1.5 Seconds
Heal- 2 Seconds
Greater Heal- 2.5 Seconds

It just seems to make sense to me. Also the tanks are taking a HUGE amount of damage at a time so by time i can even get one heal off the tank is down under 50% and if i start trying to cast a second heal instead of a flash heal or great heal the tank dies but then if i start using flash heal or greater heal i go OOM almost instantly.

I dont want to waste time turning this into a petition because that just gets annoying to blues and i dont think they ever work anyway, however if some one could read this and take it into serious consideration i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
Heal having a 2.0 second base cast time while still healing for what it does now would make my healing SIGNIFICANTLY easier. I mean a huge difference as in maybe too much difference.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
To Talinda:
You may have a lot easier time by simply redistributing some of your talent points.
You don't need 3 point in MA. Are you spamming instants? Not really, you are healing by spamming Heal. Yes there is PoM and Holy Word but it isn't the renew/pom/coh spam of wrath. Not sure it's justified to put all 3 talent points there if you're having trouble with haste. Try putting a point or two into Darkness.
Get rid of your gear with crit on it. Go for haste equivalents. Mastery emphasis is nice but haste should have just as much if not more priority.
Get a better trinket than the crit proc (I understand it will come with time).
Get haste and spirit enchants and gems for yellow/blue slots instead of mastery/spirit gems and enchants.
Try then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If they lowered the base cast time, they'd also reduce the coefficient,
so individual Heals would heal for even less than they do now.

Heal is intended to be 1/3 of Greater Heal's cost for 1/3 the healing,
and they'll scale identically as your gear gets better.
The idea is that you use Heal when the pace of incoming damage is slower,
and Greater Heal when incoming damage is outpacing Heal.

If Heal was faster but did the same amount of healing, you'd rarely use anything else.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2010 4:31 AMPosted by Ashalanore
If they lowered the base cast time, they'd also reduce the coefficient,
so individual Heals would heal for even less than they do now.

Heal is intended to be 1/3 of Greater Heal's cost for 1/3 the healing,
and they'll scale identically as your gear gets better.
The idea is that you use Heal when the pace of incoming damage is slower,
and Greater Heal when incoming damage is outpacing Heal.

If Heal was faster but did the same amount of healing, you'd rarely use anything else.

A smaller, faster spell (scaled the same) would be just fine. The main problem with Heal is it's just too bloody slow for a "filler" spell. Too much happens in 2.5 seconds. I've had Cata geared tanks go from near full to almost dead in the space of a Heal, without failing a mechanic.

Even if Heal was 1.5s base but healed for half what it does now (an overall throughput nerf) it would be a better spell. It wouldn't be as frustrating to spam, could be cast occasionally on mobile fights, and wouldn't need to be cancelled (wasting 2 seconds of precious standing-still-casting time) when the tank takes catastrophic damage in the middle of your Heal cast.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
You should post this in the suggestions forum! I love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]