Healers taking the brunt of the Cataclysm

87 Draenei Paladin
So far even with an 80k mana pool it only takes one mob to drain it completely, and this isn't just myself. So far every healer on the realm with the exception of shamans are having problems maintaining their mana pools even with pro groups that do everything right. I think that the raid mechanics are fun and all, but I think they should just go ahead and put those mechanics back in raids, OR fix the dungeon finder tool to provide at least two viable CC'ers since it's required in these new dungeons on their heroic modes.

I know it didn't matter what kind of group you had in WoTLK so the dungeon tool could be non-discriminate and pick up whatever classes were available..., but with the requirements of cataclysm heroic dungeons, if the groups are not tailored to what is needed the pugs will always be fail no matter how good the individual players are in them.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Except no. I have a 70k mana pool and I very *very* rarely oom. You're doing it wrong.
85 Goblin Hunter
More easy for a healer when there are one or 2 ppl dead to keep mana up.
I think blizzard did this purposedly.
They probably want groups to do only 1 mob-group/pull at a time.
They probably want DPS players to be careful on how they unleash their Leet-Deeps.
- On that note they probably want them to also attack the tanks target
They probably want people to use their CC abilities (why have them if you dont use them, it is an RPG after all and PVEing is a huge part of it.
They probably want tanks to use their Tanking cooldowns like shield block and shield wall for example
- On that note they probably want healers to use their cooldowns also! (why have them if they dont need them)
They probably want us healers to use our mana pool! why have over 9000 manas if we dont use em???
They probably want us healers to use some of that ridiculous amount of gold we get from selling items on some water!
They probably want people to be more patient, as the game should need you to know how to play.
I'm shammy helz and I oom on mobs more that bosses. The mp cost per spell is crazy.
85 Tauren Druid
*clears throat*

STOP TRYING TO TOP PEOPLE OFF UR DOIN IT WRONG
85 Gnome Warlock
It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
The reason for the healer complaints is because the end result of a bad group/situation is going to be the healer running out of mana.

In other words, it's not that the content is too hard on healers. It's that the tanks aren't geared/specced right and using appropriate cooldowns, the dps isn't killing fast enough, mobs aren't being cc'd enough, and/or you are not using the most mana efficient heal spells (I'm looking at you flash heal) for the job.
85 Draenei Mage
12/13/2010 9:40 AMPosted by Latteheals
So far even with an 80k mana pool it only takes one mob to drain it completely, and this isn't just myself. So far every healer on the realm with the exception of shamans are having problems maintaining their mana pools even with pro groups that do everything right.

That's the point. Even if everyone else is doing things right, healers still have a challenge of their own.

85 Human Paladin
no they're not lol

if anythign DPS is being wrongfully blamed because Mr Healer can't do the dungeon half asleep and only throwing out a heal every 6 pulls.

not to mention CC isn't being used by the majority..tanks are still ae tanking without regard to the few that DO use CC...

healers aren't seeing the "brunt" of it...they're just the ones complaining the most
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 9:48 AMPosted by Klaern
It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.

Post on your 85 healer or stfu.
100 Draenei Warrior
Working as intended
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Suron
no they're not lol

if anythign DPS is being wrongfully blamed because Mr Healer can't do the dungeon half asleep and only throwing out a heal every 6 pulls.

not to mention CC isn't being used by the majority..tanks are still ae tanking without regard to the few that DO use CC...

healers aren't seeing the "brunt" of it...they're just the ones complaining the most

Why is it that every time you see a post like this, it's an 82-83 that hasn't even gotten into the harder stuff yet?
85 Troll Druid
12/13/2010 9:40 AMPosted by Latteheals
So far even with an 80k mana pool it only takes one mob to drain it completely, and this isn't just myself. So far every healer on the realm with the exception of shamans are having problems maintaining their mana pools even with pro groups that do everything right. I think that the raid mechanics are fun and all, but I think they should just go ahead and put those mechanics back in raids, OR fix the dungeon finder tool to provide at least two viable CC'ers since it's required in these new dungeons on their heroic modes.

I know it didn't matter what kind of group you had in WoTLK so the dungeon tool could be non-discriminate and pick up whatever classes were available..., but with the requirements of cataclysm heroic dungeons, if the groups are not tailored to what is needed the pugs will always be fail no matter how good the individual players are in them.

Don't spam Flash of Light

Because they are the ones that get the finger pointed at first.
85 Gnome Warlock
12/13/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Sëabass
12/13/2010 9:48 AMPosted by Klaern

Post on your 85 healer or stfu.

Are you arguing that flash of light/flash heal/regrowth/healing surge, is a good way to go?

You do realize that they've reworked which spells you're supposed to cast, and when you're supposed to cast them, right? And that a whole bunch of healers (like several in this very thread) aren't having massive mana problems, right? And that since some people are not having mana problems, that means some people are doing it right, and some people are doing it wrong, right?
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 9:52 AMPosted by Sëabass
no they're not lol

Why is it that every time you see a post like this, it's an 82-83 that hasn't even gotten into the harder stuff yet?

because this is my only character

true story bro

3/10 for mediocre troll attempt and lackluster forethought.
Edited by Suron on 12/13/2010 9:56 AM PST
85 Tauren Shaman
I've said it before...with CC, mana isn't so much of an issue. However, some spells like chain heal and surge are pretty useless now..not completely.

The problem is people not using CC...for me that's the main problem I'm facing.
36 Worgen Warrior
People, we all agree that heroics should be hard and that healing was bad in WotLK.

However, blizzards 'change' to healers this expansion took it one notch too far.

We aren't asking for much, maybe an increase to the amount of health our spells heal aside from the generic 'heal' spell.

Keep the mana costs the same, that's great that we run OOM easily if we are stupid, but the fact is that heals don't hit hard enough regardless of whether the content can be 'done' or not.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healers are still in the wotlk mindset that they can carry stupid.

They can't. If someone stands in fire, they die. Once people figure out how to avoid damage(tanks especially), then the healers job becomes easier.

Just keep in mind, you don't HAVE to have everyone topped to 100% all the time. Tanks can take a decent beating without a heal now. Sub 20 - 30% is the killshot zone. Above that, we should have 2-3 boss hits in us before they send in the janitors to blot us up with handi-wipes. And even then, tanks should have enough short CD defensive abilities that they can pop one (and they should)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]