Healers taking the brunt of the Cataclysm

90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 9:55 AMPosted by Klaern
12/13/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Sëabass
[quote="14060506060"]It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.

Post on your 85 healer or stfu.

Are you arguing that flash of light/flash heal/regrowth/healing surge, is a good way to go?

You do realize that they've reworked which spells you're supposed to cast, and when you're supposed to cast them, right? And that a whole bunch of healers (like several in this very thread) aren't having massive mana problems, right? And that since some people are not having mana problems, that means some people are doing it right, and some people are doing it wrong, right?

What I'm saying is that you are apparently talking about stuff you have no experience with and have only half a clue about.
Edited by Sëabass on 12/13/2010 9:58 AM PST
92 Goblin Priest
12/13/2010 9:49 AMPosted by Shirelle
The reason for the healer complaints is because the end result of a bad group/situation is going to be the healer running out of mana.

In other words, it's not that the content is too hard on healers. It's that the tanks aren't geared/specced right and using appropriate cooldowns, the dps isn't killing fast enough, mobs aren't being cc'd enough, and/or you are not using the most mana efficient heal spells (I'm looking at you flash heal) for the job.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
36 Worgen Warrior
12/13/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Sëabass
[quote="14060506060"]It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.

Are you arguing that flash of light/flash heal/regrowth/healing surge, is a good way to go?

You do realize that they've reworked which spells you're supposed to cast, and when you're supposed to cast them, right? And that a whole bunch of healers (like several in this very thread) aren't having massive mana problems, right? And that since some people are not having mana problems, that means some people are doing it right, and some people are doing it wrong, right?[/quote]

This would be great, i would be all for it.

However, every healing class is stuck using 'heal' as our main healing spell, and it's used 90 percent of the time.

This isn't calling for it to be 'easy', this is calling for some use from our other better spells that should actually be BETTER.
Well, This post totally derailled from where it started. I hope its closed out soon. Its sad that when someone complains Trolls automatically say "you're doing it wrong!" instead of seeing that its not that easy anymore...
Chain heal for sure useless
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2010 9:52 AMPosted by Sëabass
12/13/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Suron
no they're not lol

if anythign DPS is being wrongfully blamed because Mr Healer can't do the dungeon half asleep and only throwing out a heal every 6 pulls.

not to mention CC isn't being used by the majority..tanks are still ae tanking without regard to the few that DO use CC...

healers aren't seeing the "brunt" of it...they're just the ones complaining the most

Why is it that every time you see a post like this, it's an 82-83 that hasn't even gotten into the harder stuff yet?

I don't post on my Paladin because he's not going to be my main. That said, I'll admit that I have only done ONE heroic on him. It's enough to draw a few conclusions. I'll stick with one:

The amount of healer QQ and, ultimately, blaming everyone else for their woes is getting out of hand. We've known for a while now that healing wasn't going to be a piece of cake anymore. Even then, there are some healers out there who do just fine on terms of mana management. If a few healers can get it right, I'd imagine that others can too.

Perhaps, if you're having issues, you should look at yourself first.
85 Human Paladin
Healing isn't hard, at all. I often don't go below 80% mana.

It's you.
85 Troll Druid
12/13/2010 9:52 AMPosted by Sëabass
Why is it that every time you see a post like this, it's an 82-83 that hasn't even gotten into the harder stuff yet?

You haven't even finished a single heroic...so you haven't gotten to the harder stuff yet either
85 Gnome Warlock
12/13/2010 9:57 AMPosted by Sëabass
What I'm saying is that you are apparently talking about stuff you have no experience with and have only half a clue about.

Oh clearly... I have no clue what I'm talking about. Out of curiosity, did you start playing in Wrath? Or did you just not heal Pre-wrath at all? Do you remember back then, when DPS had to CC, follow kill orders, not be stupid so the healer didn't oom? Do you remembering ooming before Cata?
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2010 9:59 AMPosted by Anthem
I don't see how healing is any harder than tanking.

We are in charge not only of positioning and holding aggro, but also of marking the new mobs and ensuring everyone knows what to do. And you can't just throw random marks up, either, we're expected to know what each of these new mobs do.

You just have to manage a blue bar and a green one.

You don't have to be the one who marks and barks orders. You choose to. A healer or dps can mark and tell you who to attack, say what he/she is going to do, and command the others. This doesn't fall solely on the tank.
100 Tauren Druid
Currently, the answer to every groups woes on the dungeon finder is this: Healer sucks, bad healer, its the healer's fault.

This is somewhat understandable from folks who have no clue about the changes to the games mechanics in Cata, because at the end of the day, the tank died and it was a wipe, and the healer is sitting there with no mana, or just unable to keep the tank up.

This could be due to tanking, dps not killing fast enough or using CC's, OR the healer not playing well...but the end result looks like:

healer sucks
85 Draenei Priest
12/13/2010 9:49 AMPosted by Shirelle
The reason for the healer complaints is because the end result of a bad group/situation is going to be the healer running out of mana.

In other words, it's not that the content is too hard on healers. It's that the tanks aren't geared/specced right and using appropriate cooldowns, the dps isn't killing fast enough, mobs aren't being cc'd enough, and/or you are not using the most mana efficient heal spells (I'm looking at you flash heal) for the job.

I think you're right on a lot of that. I've had the displeasure of trying to heal tanks in dps gear. Now yes, this didn't matter much in Wrath, but this isn't Wrath anymore.
About not using the right spells...that's true, however...when you have a tank in more dps gear than tanking gear, you are FORCED to use your high mana heals just to try and keep them alive..and resulting in wipes. You also deal with dps not on the correct targets, or dps'n right from the start.

When you have a properly geared tank, it runs smoothly. Flash heals for priests is out except for in cases of emergency. I use Chakra, renew, heal..heal heal heal. This is BEST for PROPERLY geared tanks and I don't have mana issues then. Sadly though, those tanks are rare. I've had one damn good group, with a tank that was not only properly geared, but patient...and we had one wipe our entire run in Heroic Throne of Tides. It was win.

And for priests...we once laughed at "lolwell"....I'd suggest getting it and dropping it before hard pulls & on boss fights...make ur dps use it. What people don't realize is, you don't have to be NEAR it to use it..you can be quite a ways away. It's saved a lot of dps, ranged especially during hard encounters...

At least the ones that clicked it ;-) the others...well they learn the hard way! hehe
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 10:01 AMPosted by Klaern

Oh clearly... I have no clue what I'm talking about. Out of curiosity, did you start playing in Wrath? Or did you just not heal Pre-wrath at all? Do you remember back then, when DPS had to CC, follow kill orders, not be stupid so the healer didn't oom? Do you remembering ooming before Cata?

I've been healing since early bc. Paladin, Druid, and shaman.
85 Troll Mage
I don't necessarily think it's the healers fault. I run heroics with guild mates, and our healer is always at 60-70% mana after each pull. This is with proper use of CC, targeting, stuns, interrupts, counterspells, spellsteals, etc etc. Chance are, it has more to do with the DPS and tank of your group. Not you or healers in general.
85 Gnome Warlock
12/13/2010 10:02 AMPosted by Gnataclysm
12/13/2010 9:48 AMPosted by Klaern
It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.

It actually sounds like healers are getting the short end of the stick, because they get the blame when DPS stand in fire, gets too much aggro.

It's always convenient to point at the healer when things go south. If DPS is taking avoidable damage and CC is not being used, then the healer is not at fault.

Nope, if healers are ooming every pull, it's because they're using their quick big heal too much. Spamming Flash of Light, Flash Heal, Regrowth, and Healing Surge will wipe you mana after 7 or 8 casts. The healer has to cast more than 8 times on most pulls.

Healers need to learn which spells to use and when. As you can see from posts in this thread, many healers are not having the same problems that "everyone" else is.
85 Human Paladin
[quote="14063604586"][quote="14060506060"]It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.

You do realize that they've reworked which spells you're supposed to cast, and when you're supposed to cast them, right? And that a whole bunch of healers (like several in this very thread) aren't having massive mana problems, right? And that since some people are not having mana problems, that means some people are doing it right, and some people are doing it wrong, right?

the level of a character or what class they are pointing this out should not matter, as blizzard stated in their discussion on the changes to healing that healers will need to relearn their healing, and his example on flash of light was also given in that post
Edited by Gonis on 12/13/2010 10:08 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]