Word of Glory as Prot

90 Dwarf Paladin
So, combing the endless depths of practical proven knowledge and theorycrafting has lead me to a particular question: How functional is putting points into improved WoG as a tank in 5 mans (esp. heroic) and maybe as even as far as raiding?

Maybe I am catering too much to the healer, but it seems like using improved WoG on myself to provide extra healing and proc the overhealing bubble is a huge positive. Doing so means less SoTR, which means I will do mess less damage, and therefore less threat, but if I am having no problems with threat...then WoG seems like a no brainer. I am effectively causing less damage, but reducing damage taken. More importantly, for paladins gearing up at 85 pre-raid, this seems to be a fantastic way to smooth out damage spikes while grinding for gear.

I am sure there are situational uses to go for and against this, and I expect lots of "stop grouping with bad healers" posts, but it is something to think about!

I would appreciate posts from 85's with constructive thought.

Cheers!

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Now, I've yet to step into a heroic, but personally I've found specing into WoG to be invaluable. The overhealing bubble is nice to give your healer fome breathing room if you're topped off, but having an additional 10% is great too. I've had groups nearly wipe on Asaad's grounding field thingy, and I've duo'd him on more than one occasion using nothing but WoG and maybe a divine light or two to keep the other DPS and myself alive.

12/13/2010 9:57 AMPosted by Celistine
Maybe I am catering too much to the healer, but it seems like using improved WoG on myself to provide extra healing and proc the overhealing bubble is a huge positive. Doing so means less SoTR, which means I will do mess less damage, and therefore less threat, but if I am having no problems with threat...then WoG seems like a no brainer.

Also, open up Omen some time and WoG away, it causes a decent chunk of threat itself.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I"m not 85 but the way I understand it is like this:

WoG is great for solo leveling and random dungs. I specifically slotted all the wog talents I could because it lets me do cool things like solo 3 person quest mobs and basically tank trash pulls without a (smart) healer.

However at 85 when I'm going to be running heroics with people I know, I'm going to take some points out of that and put it into the secondary ret tree for more threat/easier pulls.
Edited by Raygecow on 12/13/2010 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
well its probably stupid of me to do but sometimes I use seal of insight and then use word of glory. With the double hit proc its not that bad of a seal for healing. On bosses I'll use WoG every like 3rd time I get full holy power just so I definitely keep threat. Seems to work pretty well
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]