Our minor glyphs are worthless

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Literally.

I don't even have them slotted cause it's not worth the gold to buy the glyph. The only one we had that was useful was moved to major and as such is no longer ever slotted since it is supplanted by better major glyphs.

Can we have some minor glyphs please?

Maybe make the ones for seals bump them up to an hour long so it matches the 1hr on your kings/might buff.

And bring back 5 sec hearth glyph while Divine Shield is active. Bubblehearth was a paladin class ability.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Minor glyphs for most classes are worthless, always "Less mana cost to use X buff" or "Change spell X to appear like Y". They're just cosmetic or convenient changes, nothing more.

I do think a glyph to increase buff duration would be nice though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just wish we had a cool minor like LoD now appears as a rainbow or something like that...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
yeah even some cosmetic minors would be nice: as such I don't think it's worth it to slot any pally minor.

I was just about to come on here and post that, lol.

1 hour seals would be really nice too. +1 for the idea.
Edited by Raygecow on 12/13/2010 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Not all classes have minors that aren't worth using or are only non combat resource / cosmetic usage.

Some minor pally ideas:

How about an increase to run speed by 50% while hand of freedom is up?

Hand of Freedom allows water walking while its active?

Turn into a toc valkyrie(sp?) model while wings are up? Eh, probably would look too similiar to the guardians...

Wings causes slow fall, lol?

I'd gladly trade mana cost for buff duration on seals too. Hell, I'd be happy if they added a track undead glyph for pallies just so I'd have something to look at on the minimap, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Runspeed BoF is too powerful to be a minor slot but the rest would be awesome.

Rainbow LoD would be the best. Hopefully blizzard gives us something eventually. All of the other classes I play have some cool minor utility or cosmetic glyphs but my poor pally has none. :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Join the boycott minor glyphs campaign! They are quite literally worthless, so save some gold and leave them empty until Blizz puts a touch of effort into making them fun.

The avenging wrath/slowfall minor glyph idea has been around forever and is awesome. Sure, you would almost never use it, but it would look great just for playing around.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 10:30 AMPosted by Xaro
Minor glyphs for most classes are worthless, always "Less mana cost to use X buff" or "Change spell X to appear like Y". They're just cosmetic or convenient changes, nothing more.

Glyph of Armors/Horn of Winter/Shadow Protection/Battle/Command/Demoralizing Shout: Increases the duration of these abilities, and radius for Shouts.

Glyph of Slow Fall/Levitate/Water Walking/Water Breathing/Unburdened Rebirth/Renewed Life: Removes the need for a reagent for the spells they affect.

Glyph of Blood Tap: Your blood tap no longer causes damage to you.

Glyph of Challenging Roar/Dash/Astral Recall/Feign Death: Reduces the cooldown of all these abilities.

Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion/Distract/Pick Pocket/Shackle Undead: Increases the range of these spells by 5 yards.

Glyph of Enslave Demon/Pick Lock/Poisons: Reduces the cast time of these spells/abilities.

Glyph of Blurred Speed: Enables you to walk on water when you Sprint.

Glyph of Death's Embrace/Drain Soul/Shadowfiend/Berserker Rage: Enables these spells to refund more resources in specific situations.

Glyph of Aquatic Form/Unending Breath/Eye of Kilrogg : Increases swim or pet speed.

Glyph of Resilient Death: Resets the cooldown of your Death Grip when used on an immune target.

Glyph of Typhoon: Reduces the mana cost and increases the radius of Typhoon (at the "cost" of knockback.)

Glyph of Path of Frost/Safe Fall: Reduces fall damage.

Glyph of Raise Ally: Increases health and run speed of Risen Ally.

Glyph of Aspect of the Pack: Increases the range of Aspect of the Pack by 15 yards.

Glyph of Mend Pet: Mend Pet increases your pet's happiness slightly.

Glyph of Revive Pet/Scare Beast/Health Funnel: Decreases pushback while casting.

Glyph of Bloody Healing: Bloodrage gives you 40% more healing.

Glyph of Enduring Victory: Increases the duration of the Victory Rush proc by 5 seconds.

Glyph of Intimidating Shout: Targets of Intimidating Shout now stand in place instead of fleeing in fear.

These all address quality of life issues - not one of them is a buff cost reduction or cosmetic effect.

And even looking at some of the cost reduction glyphs, things like Fading and Furious Sundering are actually useful in combat, unlike any of ours.

The plain and simple truth is that our minor glyphs suck.
Edited by Jantilla on 12/13/2010 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 10:35 AMPosted by Raygecow

Why do seals even have a duration? Why don't they last forever like Righteous Fury? We have to have one up in order to even use one of our abilities. Now, I don't play all the other classes, but do any other classes have a buff they need to keep up in order to use one of their main rotation abilities?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 10:30 AMPosted by Xaro

Not even remotely true... as demonstrated.
Reply Quote
Wings causes slow fall

FUND IT!

I'm tired of jumping off a cliff and the scene going

Noggenfogger - Skeleton
Noggenfogger - Skeleton
Noggenfogger - Skeleton
Noggenfogger - Mini (WHY CAN'T I GET YOU ANY OTHER TIME?!)

"OH CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP" <shield>

I want a reliable slow fall that doesn't use my bubble. D: And I guess some other useful stuff, but I really want that controllable slow fall kinda thing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/13/2010 1:55 PMPosted by Babyfactory
12/13/2010 10:35 AMPosted by Raygecow

Why do seals even have a duration? Why don't they last forever like Righteous Fury? We have to have one up in order to even use one of our abilities. Now, I don't play all the other classes, but do any other classes have a buff they need to keep up in order to use one of their main rotation abilities?

The seals are like that because they used to work differently: you used to throw a seal up, and then when you used Judgement it would 'use' the seal and you'd have to reapply it. The normal tooltips still read like that if you look. I think the idea now is that seals are magic buffs whereas righteous fury is a class feature... but if Blessings last an hour, why not seals too?
Edited by Raygecow on 12/13/2010 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]