Will a mastery change fix ret?

It will go a long way toward fixing it, yes.

Depends on what it is. If we could get a Mastery that lowers the CD of CS to 3 seconds, makes HP generation reliable and not RNG, locks Zealotry in the basement forever, and stabs Inquisition in the face resulting in a slow, bloody death, we would be well on our way to "fixt".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What I would not mind seeing is that mastery not only does what it does, but also increased chance for art of war procs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The real problem as I see it isnt in our mastery. Its in the lack of synergy between Templar's verdict and Inquisition. In fact the two abilities are at odds with each other most of the time. This is due to the fact that TV is a all physical damage and thus gains zero benefit from inquisition this forces you to favor exo in your rotation over TV. Which means that if you have 3 holy power and AoW proced with inquisition up you should hit exo not TV.

On top of that our mastery scales with both the mastery stat and with haste, but at the moment (at least as far as I have seen) its really hard to get a 20% proc chance for our mastery.

AoW only scales with haste however, and since AoW has a higher proc chance than our mastery right now. It makes sense to simply stack haste and not worry too much about mastery. Because of course our master still benefits from haste and will proc more with faster weapon swings.

Now The solution in my opinion is to give TV synergy with Inquisition either by giving it partial or total holy damage and thus making it hit harder than exorcism. Since ret damage is a little on the low side at the moment it would also bring us in line with the other melee.
Edited by Azriellux on 12/13/2010 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Now The solution in my opinion is to give TV synergy with Inquisition either by giving it partial or total holy damage and thus making it hit harder than exorcism. Since ret damage is a little on the low side at the moment it would also bring us in line with the other melee.

I like this. Make it easier by moving Inquisition to the Mastery and then put something actually FUN in it's place. Something like the Leap of Faith that priests have or maybe a pvp centered dispel protection ability or snare.
Reply Quote
What I would not mind seeing is that mastery not only does what it does, but also increased chance for art of war procs.

I'm trying to picture how this would work in my mind. I don't know why you would take a clashing problem and then compound it. yech.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I actually like our mastery, EXCEPT for its inconsistancy. IMO if it had a higher chance to proc with less holy power you had, I'd be all for it. That way it would fill the gap of starting our rotation... nothing is worse than judgement to get in fast and close, crusader strike, and then holy wrath and sitting there waiting for cooldowns since holy wrath and judgemenet unlikely provided you with holy power to even pop inquisition :/

Also I wish you could do combos to proc art of war vs reliant on a proc. Once it proc'd 7 flipping times in a row, other times I go entire trash pulls without even seeing it once!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]