Tauren druid vs. Troll Druid FOR PVP

72 Tauren Druid
I would like to know straight up. In bgs, such as Warsong Gulch, which one of these combos would be more effective as a moonkin or feral? I have limited myself to three toons. I want a tauren, troll and orc. I want to play a holy/disc priest, feral/moonkin druid and warrior. I like simplistic classes, they are much easier to play than shammies, warlocks, pallies and such. The druid is a great class for leveling and doing dungeons as you can get them much easier doubling as both tank and healer. However, all I care about is PVP, it is the only reason I play WoW. Warriors are great as well, but I only want to play either troll or orc. Tauren priest looks like ungodly fun being as it is basically a hardy dedicated healer. If I go with my dream set up which would be Tauren priest, Troll druid and Orc Warrior it means that I retire my 63 tauren druid which I have sank hundreds of dollars in wowtime into. If I go troll warrior, I have to pick orc resto shaman as heals and shamans are pretty crappy healers compared to priests. They are also harder to play due to their versatility. So my question is...WHAT IS BETTER IN PVP WHETHER IT BE MOONKIN OR FERAL...TROLL OR TAUREN? DONT TELL ME ITS ALL BASED ON WHAT I PREFER. I AM HORRIBLE WITH WEAK CHARACTERS WHICH IS WHY I CAN ONLY PLAY WARRIORS, AND PRIESTS, DRUIDS GIVE YOU A BIT OF BOTH DEPENDING ON HOW YOU SPEC. WHICH ONE WOULD BE BETTER FOR A PERSON WHO SUCKS AT PVP BUT LOVES IT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE?
Reply Quote
mage
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Druid
the least you could do is keep it thread related
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Druid
No, they are easy, just not fun for me. Blizzard has made pallies versatile in the fact that they can be three things, but only one well enough to be in pvp. Druids are kinda even flow throughout.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
lol? u said locks are hard. dot,fear,do some more? Troll even though race doesnt matter the extra haste helps.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Feral Tauren. For pvp the troll racial for druids is crap. War stomp ftw. You can even war stomp into cyclone hardcast great for arenas. Boomkin sucks for pvp. Resto is alright in bg's, strong in 2's and can work in like 2 3's comps kinda.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Feral - Tauren
Balance - Troll
Resto - depends on your style
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Troll boomkin, Tauren feral.

Next time, keep it thread related and l2paragraph.

Caps lock doesnt help either.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Tauren Racials vs Troll Racials

Tauren
- 5% increase Health Pool
- War Stomp (stuns up to 5 opponents within 8 yards for 2 seconds) 2 min cooldown and 1 sec cast time

Troll
- Beserking (increases attack or casting speed by 10% increasing as a Trolls health lowers to a maximum of 30%)
- Regeneration 10% increased regeneration rate

Other notes
Trolls have more agility and intellect

Id say Trolls better Cat
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The one about Tauren having a 5% increased health pool is wrong tho, they changed that because it was kinda op. So you just have a higher base health pool as far as I'm aware. As far as the troll stuff I don't know. But the haste buff for pvp isn't really enough to make a difference, maybe pve that's why trolls really aren't that great. The tauren racial especially since (like 99% sure on this) it can be used in form now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
08/31/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Kimjongill
The one about Tauren having a 5% increased health pool is wrong tho, they changed that because it was kinda op. So you just have a higher base health pool as far as I'm aware. As far as the troll stuff I don't know. But the haste buff for pvp isn't really enough to make a difference, maybe pve that's why trolls really aren't that great. The tauren racial especially since (like 99% sure on this) it can be used in form now.

Correct, +5% BASE HP (aka... 500-ish hp) ... It's the Warstomp that you want though; AoE stun is nice.
Edited by Burlex on 8/31/2011 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
08/31/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Delekii
Tauren for PvP, no question. Warstomp greatly outweighs the insignificant damage increase you get from berserkin in a pvp situation where hardcasting is incredibly difficult.

This would be my opinion. The night elf racial trumps all, but the tauren racial is good.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Druid
Tauren 5% Base HP increase at 85 is something around 2k ish
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You wanted a simplistic class to PVP with and are considering feral druid? Feral druid has possibly the highest skill cap of any class to play well in pvp...

I've been both Tauren and Troll (race changed back when Warstomp was usable in forms) and overall, they're both decent. We don't get great racials like Every Man for Himself.

So pick which one you like aesthetically, and moonkin PVP is still terrible unfortunately.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Warstomp can save you a match easily if used correctly there is no way any druid who wanted to min/max their pvp druid and be horde not roll tauren. Trolls give you nothing that will save you a match at high end pvp NE and Tauren are the only druid races that give any type of game changing racial for pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I started developing homicidal tendencies somewhere around the second 'sentence' of that block of text, so I'm just going to go ahead and reply to the title appropriately.

Tauren druid vs. Troll Druid FOR PVP

I have horns.
Edited by Bovie on 9/1/2011 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]