Anub'arak or Anetheron

80 Orc Warrior
The free transfers have opened just trying to get a good idea on where to go, are you guys moving if so where or are you staying on KT
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Mage
Transfer to Anetheron, it is more populated than Anub'arak and has a 1:1 horde ally ratio. Anub'arak is a dead server, it basically just sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Edited by Tripplec on 12/9/2010 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
So with the free transfers being available to Anub'arak or Anetheron do you think that the Q time could possibly dissipate on KT after all of the transfers? If not, what server do you think would be the best to transfer to from a PVP standpoint.
Edited by Tripplec on 12/9/2010 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is nothing for KT aliance to think about. KT population is 80% aliance, 20% horde

The more aliance that transfer the better will be the queue time and the A:H ratio.

If horde starting leaving the server, this will become an aliance server only, and will eventually colapse!!!
Edited by Ikai on 12/9/2010 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Anatheron is the bestest, that's where all the cool kids are going!
Reply Quote
Which has faster queues?
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
Neither one has queues. That's the point.
According to Wow Census which is obviously not 100% right, Anub'arak has ~3900 Characters and a 3 to 1 Horde to alliance ratio. Anub'arak is in the Phoenix data center.
Anetheron has ~750 characters and a 1.4 to 1 horde to alliance ratio, but there is almost no census data for that server so the count is most likely wrong. Anetheron is in the Boston data center. The same one as Kel'Thuzad.

Both servers are EST.

In case any of that helps anyone.
Edited by Kemation on 12/9/2010 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
Anub'arak or Anetheron? That's like asking whether you should sleep with Elisha Cuthbert or Isla Fisher. Either one will make all your fantasies come true. Transfer over and check 'em out if you don't believe me.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
quite honestly i wouldnt mind if more alli than horde left. Less trade flooding that way.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Leave the transferring to the Alliance, Horde.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Anetheron is actually on the East Coast (physically the NY datacenter, along with Kel'Thuzad), while Anub'Arak is located physically in the Phoenix, AZ datacenter which is far from the NY datacenter.

Point is, if you are on the East coast, and are currently on KT, the pings you will get are going to be much different if you check out Anub'arak. Anetheron would be the best choice for East coasters, at least ping wise. I survived for almost a year on Korgath, which is in California, with pings between 150-200ms, but here on KT I get around 20-40ms which is awesome. Just some FYI!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Just because the server time is east coast or what have you does not mean it is physically located on the east. It's weird.

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

12/09/2010 12:59 PMPosted by Kemation
Both servers are EST.

You are partly correct... both timezones are Eastern...but they are not both on the East coast. Like I said it's a weird system.

Yea sorry Kremation for just almost copying from what you said (flipping from watching my position in que to studying for a final exam to this forum), but KT was actually moved to the New York datacenter this year in July or something which is even better for me (In VA)...if I could get everyone in my guild to up and leave it would definitely be to Anatheron.
Edited by Walmartftw on 12/9/2010 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I took all my toons over to Anub. In the 12 hours since, I've gained 3 levels amongst 2 toons. I had only gained one level prior to that and that was herbing/sitting in LFG finder; and I haven't been ganked once - in fact, I even got to get in some good 1v1 world PvP fights. If we can get some more over there we can have some end game. I say take advantage, save yourself $200 and enjoy no queue times and no BS 20:1 in the new Cata zones - be able to play the game you put your money into.

So, make a choice before they close the transfers and cheers, good luck in your leveling. Gonna miss you KT.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Rogue
12/10/2010 12:22 AMPosted by Wigwaam
I took all my toons over to Anub. In the 12 hours since, I've gained 3 levels amongst 2 toons. I had only gained one level prior to that and that was herbing/sitting in LFG finder; and I haven't been ganked once - in fact, I even got to get in some good 1v1 world PvP fights. If we can get some more over there we can have some end game. I say take advantage, save yourself $200 and enjoy no queue times and no BS 20:1 in the new Cata zones - be able to play the game you put your money into.

So, make a choice before they close the transfers and cheers, good luck in your leveling. Gonna miss you KT.

sounds so tempting. I'm just worried all the ally will move and queue times will drop, and then I would have left KT for nothing. I also don't believe that will happen...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 7:19 AMPosted by Dochal

sounds so tempting. I'm just worried all the ally will move and queue times will drop, and then I would have left KT for nothing. I also don't believe that will happen...

I can guarantee to you that will not happen. Sure some might leave, but as Libretto said many of them are here due to the A:H ratio being so biased. Honestly though, if I didn't have any ties to the server here I would absolutely take this opportunity to transfer.

This is your chance to ditch the queue and go to realms with instant login. Battlegroups are merged so don't worry about battlegrounds or anything like that. Once these free transfers are over, don't expect to see them back up again for a while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]