Guild System FAQ/Guide

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 1:13 PMPosted by Sariax
12/09/2010 1:07 PMPosted by Cowpies
...because what was originally intended and put out by Blizzard is far, far from what has happened.

There was no, none, zero discussion of the harsh caps placed on advancment

Certainly there are a number of differences between the current system, and the one announced at Blizzcon '09 (Guild Talents anyone?), but I'm not sure where Blizzard ever said they wouldn't have caps on it.

Did any beta players out there experience the caps during the beta after the multiplier was removed and not provide feedback on them? Unfortunately all the old forums are gone by now and it's difficult to find any recent blue posts on the subject.

I don't think the CAPs where being hit in the beta like they are on live. Blizzard even said that they had to disable achievements counting towards GXP past the daily limit because guilds were leveling too fast, something they hadn't taken into account obviously.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for posting this compiled source of information!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Added Anuiran's question about guild groups to the Earning Guild XP FAQ
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Well, this is good information, but it really should be in the Achievements forum, not the General where it's going to get buried.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Sorry, but how do you get guild reputation? Is it added as you get reputation from other sources?

EDIT: Wow I'm stupid, it was right there XD
Edited by Yolisya on 12/9/2010 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
@Nohe

In general we require 80% of the group to be comprised of guild members. There are exceptions to this case though like 40 man raids and arenas. All the gritty details below are below.

4/5 - dungeons
8/10 - 10 player raid, 10 player BG
20/25 - 25 player raid, 25 player BG
10/40 - 40 player raid
12/15 - 15 player BG
2/2, 3/3, 5/5 - Arenas

The thing I would like to understand is how Guild Activity (total) is calculated.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Thank you VERY much for explaining the "character reputation with the guild" system including the weekly cap figure PLUS how long it takes to reach the other levels. To date, you're the only one that I could find information on this subject. And in-game, I couldn't find on the guild tab where it lists the AMOUNT of the weekly cap. My Guild Mgr and I kept seeing we hit our max on one of our characters but never knew the amount.

The other question that I have deals with the Guild Achievements. For example, the Profession One reaching 525 skill level. It has a requirement to be HONORED with the guild. Well my current main character is extremely close to reaching 525 but that character isn't near Honored (still stuck on Friendly).

So the final QUESTION is this -- Will my 525 skill level earned as Friendly COUNT once my character reaches HONORED? Or does it not count at all?

This is a concern since the guild I'm in is small/casual so we're limited on the amount of characters we have per player account (people). I'm sure this might concern larger guilds, too, esp those who already popped out a 85 level (class type) character but aren't HONORED yet for that to go towards the Classy Act Achievements.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/10/2010 3:07 AMPosted by Kylanti
So the final QUESTION is this -- Will my 525 skill level earned as Friendly COUNT once my character reaches HONORED? Or does it not count at all?

Your achievements and statistics should count to the Guild Achievements as soon as you obtain the required guild rep for them to count, your guild won't be robbed of your statistics just because you achieved them before you had enough rep.

Added your question to the FAQ section of Guild Achievements
Edited by Sariax on 12/10/2010 5:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/09/2010 11:31 PMPosted by Corruo
@Nohe

In general we require 80% of the group to be comprised of guild members. There are exceptions to this case though like 40 man raids and arenas. All the gritty details below are below.

4/5 - dungeons
8/10 - 10 player raid, 10 player BG
20/25 - 25 player raid, 25 player BG
10/40 - 40 player raid
12/15 - 15 player BG
2/2, 3/3, 5/5 - Arenas

The thing I would like to understand is how Guild Activity (total) is calculated.

Thanks Corruo for that list of exceptions, I had forgotten about that. Updated the FAQ under Earning Guild XP.

Not sure about the Guild Activity, haven't paid any attention to those statistics yet. Can't view my guild page on the armory either because the thing doesn't like the space in our guild name apparently.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Warrior
I'm curious: what would happen in this scenario?

Given: my guild has unlocked the Dark Phoenix Mount
Given: I am able to purchase the mount

So, from what I understand, if I were to leave the guild, I'd lose the mount. Do I get the 3000 gold back? What happens if, after purchasing the mount, I get /gkicked? Do I lose the mount? Am I also out the gold?

Maybe I'm looking for trouble, but I forsee a lot of potential upset over this when rewards start opening up. Guilds do disband, GMs/officers can be jerks, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/10/2010 6:42 AMPosted by Lyera
I'm curious: what would happen in this scenario?

Given: my guild has unlocked the Dark Phoenix Mount
Given: I am able to purchase the mount

So, from what I understand, if I were to leave the guild, I'd lose the mount. Do I get the 3000 gold back? What happens if, after purchasing the mount, I get /gkicked? Do I lose the mount? Am I also out the gold?

Maybe I'm looking for trouble, but I forsee a lot of potential upset over this when rewards start opening up. Guilds do disband, GMs/officers can be jerks, etc.

No, you're supposed to keep any purchased rewards if you've already purchased them. However you lose the ability to purchase them if you leave the guild before doing so until you either rejoin the guild (which will not reset your guild reputation if you do not join another guild in the interim) or join a new guild and meet the requirements to purchase them again.

Added your question to the Guild Rewards FAQ section.

Added a question about "What happens to my guild rep if I get kicked and rejoin my guild" to the Guild Reputation FAQ section. Saw it in another thread.
Edited by Sariax on 12/10/2010 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Sariax -- Thanks! This discussion thread has been very useful! In that, I am finding answers to all my questions.

Hate to inquire again but do you know where it shows in-game your character's weekly guild reputation cap? I was talking to my guildie friends and we weren't sure where that's listed.

I'm guessing the top progress bar on the main Guild Tab (on the Guild Window) is showing the current amount of guild experience vs the accumulated daily guild experience (x number of days since Cata release). The today portion is the current amount of guild experience earned versus what could be earned that day.

Am I reading that correctly?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/10/2010 7:43 AMPosted by Kylanti
Hate to inquire again but do you know where it shows in-game your character's weekly guild reputation cap?

As far as I know there's no place that your character's reputation cap is listed. It should be in a mouseover on your Guild Reputation bar in the lower left of the Guild Tab, but I don't think it is. Earning reputation seemed a bit buggy on the first day, but it did seem that 3500 rep per week is the intended cap (which leaves you able to earn at least 500/6000 Friendly this week). Anyone with rep beyond this earned it during that 3 hour window after the switch was flipped.

12/10/2010 7:43 AMPosted by Kylanti
I'm guessing the top progress bar on the main Guild Tab (on the Guild Window) is showing the current amount of guild experience vs the accumulated daily guild experience (x number of days since Cata release). The today portion is the current amount of guild experience earned versus what could be earned that day.

Am I reading that correctly?

Yes, the top bar on the Guild Tab is the Guild XP Bar, and it does show your total Guild XP vs your Daily Guild XP.
Edited by Sariax on 12/10/2010 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I'm still a little confused on the individual guild rep. It was supposed to be 9000 per week, wasn't it? I know a guild member that was not logged in during the 12 - 3am timeframe (There were two of us online at that time earning rep) and he is already honored while the two of us who were on are now at around 3500/6000... During the evening on Tuesday we weren't getting any guild rep and then it started handing out again, followed quickly afterwards with the 'you are at the weekly cap' message. So we have one person already honored and his achievements going to the guild that require that rep level... Just seems bad that our levelling to 85 which will happen before next Tuesday is not going to count to our guild rep, even to just basic honored.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/10/2010 10:53 AMPosted by Fimpf
I'm still a little confused on the individual guild rep. It was supposed to be 9000 per week, wasn't it? I know a guild member that was not logged in during the 12 - 3am timeframe (There were two of us online at that time earning rep) and he is already honored while the two of us who were on are now at around 3500/6000... During the evening on Tuesday we weren't getting any guild rep and then it started handing out again, followed quickly afterwards with the 'you are at the weekly cap' message. So we have one person already honored and his achievements going to the guild that require that rep level... Just seems bad that our levelling to 85 which will happen before next Tuesday is not going to count to our guild rep, even to just basic honored.

What the reputation limits were in beta I'm not sure of. The best that I can tell the limit is supposed to be 3500 per week. This makes exalted take 12 weeks. I expect that doing your share of dailies for a couple days each week will be more than enough to rep cap you for a week, especially if you spend some time running guild group dungeons.

Enforcement of the rep cap did seem a bit buggy Tuesday night. Maybe it did allow a few players to gain extra guild rep above the theoretical cap.
Edited by Sariax on 12/10/2010 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I seem to be stuck at having contributed 1575002 xp to the guild for this week. That number doesn't go up.. is there a cap on how much an individual contribute per week? (If so, that really messes up small guilds)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
12/10/2010 1:14 PMPosted by Elarriae
I seem to be stuck at having contributed 1575002 xp to the guild for this week. That number doesn't go up.. is there a cap on how much an individual contribute per week? (If so, that really messes up small guilds)

This. I've looked all over and this is the one thing I cannot find an answer too. I understand that we can cap out guild rep each week, but guild xp too? And I assume that is tied to the individual toon, so in essence I could log into another toon in the same guild and continue to earn guild rep.

I'm the GM for a smaller guild and this definitely limits are ability to level up. Once all my 80's are capped for the week, we are reduced to having to change over to low level alts to continue to (try and) hit the cap.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Excellent work, while I had a good working knowledge of most of the info, the clarifications and laid out final piece consolidated it all for me, thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]